Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

pass side mirror cover got knocked off, what are my options?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 07:08 PM
SL Member

Default pass side mirror cover got knocked off, what are my options?

I'm tryin to dig through old posts as well but I couldn't find anything recent on this.

So while driving in a narrow construction lane a stupid piece of concrete that was sticking out smacked my side mirror. The mirror is fine but the plastic cover came off. I guess my options are:

- whole new mirror from the dealership
- find one in a junkyard
- ebay or aftermarket carbon fiber.

Just wondering what ppl have done in the past in this situation. I have a flint mica, with the carbon fib b pillar app, but I'm not crazy about the carbon fiber looks of the ones i've seen on ebay so far. Haven't had any luck with the junkyards so i'm thinking i might just order up one from mcgeorge.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 10-10-2007, 07:14 PM
SL Member

haha that happened to me too but you got lucky, the housing on mine cracked and i had to get a new one, its only like 140 from trd sparks, since the dealer was about to charge me like 200 for it. other then that i haven't seen anything like jsut the cover part.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they don't sell just the cover. your going to either have to get carbon fiber pair or just buy one new oem mirror..i know it sucks
Old 10-10-2007, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

happend to me on BOTH sides -.-

i didnt want to bother with just getting the plastic piece because i knew that it would be very hard to find, didnt want to go thru all the trouble.

finding it in a junkyard is a less likely possibility because tc's are fairly new and trying to find one your color is another issue

i got the whole new mirror assembly from the dealership. -.- cost me 400 bux total my god,.... but everythings good

just order up from mcgregor or trdsparks or something. i couldnt wait cuz i use my side mirrors A LOT so i bought at dealer and replaced at dealer. no labor cost cuz i did it myself (really easy to replace btw)
Old 10-11-2007, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There was a thread awhile back that said you CAN get just the covers, and they are about 35 bucks each. Hit up the parts at your dealer and explain to them what you need.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:47 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by ExpresScion
There was a thread awhile back that said you CAN get just the covers, and they are about 35 bucks each. Hit up the parts at your dealer and explain to them what you need.
I think that may be just for the turn light cover on the mirror? I thought i saw that somewhere online too. I did try the parts dept at the dealership and they told me I had to order the whole dang thing. So there aren't really any aftermarket mirrors that are popular out there? I haven't really liked anything I've seen on ebay much myself, and they are fairly cheap so that makes me wonder about the quality.