Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Project Time Attack *Prelim pics w/ wing*

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Lol even your tuner came in here and sai you dent make that power on 8psi lmfao.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by dodaddy
I don't pretend to track my car. i am building my car to track, never said I have actually full on tracked it. If I recall, Toan never posted a reply to my tuners topic because he knows that my tuner is credible with what he posted, there was no argument to what he posted.

I don't know where you built up this super ego on scionlife about how you think you're such a knowledgeable racer and have a sweet race car but maybe I should attend a few autoX's and then I will feel the same too (sarcasm). I'm sure I speak for many when I say you're just like a typical honda owner who thinks there car is the sh*t because you've tracked it, and what not, and you think you know everything, when you don't. You are probably one of the reasons that make scion owners look bad.

Your recollection is off. As I recall there was no need to respond to what your tuner said, as the truth was revealed that your car was not making 365wtq @ 8 psi like everyone told you. You tuner came on and said it spiked at 18lbs of boost. So, why would anyone need to reply to that?

I'm not even going to bother commenting on that last paragraph....I'm to busy laughing at it.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Seriously man, get some experience under your belt. Do some racing, change out your own parts on your car, and get dirty with it. Then you can graduate out of Noob class.

And calling CarbonXE stupid because he tried teaching you something....seriously...you should open your eyes and ears and learn something from people like him. Spend a little time learning about how stuff works instead of making it look pretty, then you will get a little more respect from the people in the F/I section like CarbonXE, ACE, Myself, and pretty much everyone you ____ed off when you tried to call everyone stupid for telling you that you were not making 365wtq @ 8lbs of boost.....(including MrC from PTuning, as well as Toan).
Old 09-25-2009, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Your recollection is off. As I recall there was no need to respond to what your tuner said, as the truth was revealed that your car was not making 365wtq @ 8 psi like everyone told you. You tuner came on and said it spiked at 18lbs of boost. So, why would anyone need to reply to that?

I'm not even going to bother commenting on that last paragraph....I'm to busy laughing at it.
The funniest part about that, is that Toan said they had a customer with a Greddy kit that made similar numbers and his kit spiked to 18psi also. That was the only car that beat mine at PTuning's dyno shootout back in November '08.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Seriously man, get some experience under your belt. Do some racing, change out your own parts on your car, and get dirty with it. Then you can graduate out of Noob class.

And calling CarbonXE stupid because he tried teaching you something....seriously...you should open your eyes and ears and learn something from people like him. Spend a little time learning about how stuff works instead of making it look pretty, then you will get a little more respect from the people in the F/I section like CarbonXE, ACE, Myself, and pretty much everyone you ____ed off when you tried to call everyone stupid for telling you that you were not making 365wtq @ 8lbs of boost.....(including MrC from PTuning, as well as Toan).
It wasn't even claiming 365wtq on 8psi, it was the fact that he tried to prove that adding meth magically adds tons of power, which it doesn't. That's why he tried to use that 240 article to prove his point, which I instantly debunked. Meth is great, but it's not going to give you +100wtq lmao.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Guys/gals that spend 95% of their time in the F/I section gaining knowledge about the tC and it's capabilities are pretty hardcore. Not many over there care about D&G door panels, pink RPF1 wheels and Pink Roll cages on a car that spends most of it's time sitting in a parking lot waiting for trophies.

That's usually for the "show car" crowd people who much rather like the IDEA / Concept of the build rather than if it's on the track putting those parts to use or not. NO WAY IN HELL I would have purchased the wing off of Chris Rado's car....because I thought it looked cool and only drove my car on the street. I NEEDED his wing, not wanted it. Two different things. It looks agreesive sure...but looks are a side benefit.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
It wasn't even claiming 365wtq on 8psi, it was the fact that he tried to prove that adding meth magically adds tons of power, which it doesn't. That's why he tried to use that 240 article to prove his point, which I instantly debunked. Meth is great, but it's not going to give you +100wtq lmao.

No doubt. I actually have that mag too..

DSport though > all others.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I got one helluva deal on Rado's wing too. Damn was that a steal!
Old 09-25-2009, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

lol, I bet he's one of the people who thinks Rado's 'Fwing' is stupid.

Function > Form.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Hahaha you guys entertain me!
Old 09-25-2009, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No doubt. I actually have that mag too..

DSport though > all others.
actually more like SuperStreet>Dsport..Dsport only has good dvds and thats how they actually gain customers because there articles suck
Old 09-25-2009, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
lol, I bet he's one of the people who thinks Rado's 'Fwing' is stupid.

Function > Form.
its stupid looking but yea its functions well
Old 09-25-2009, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I like your wing smoke (homo) LOL next year Im stalking ptuning 100% so you'll see me out also. Gonna be fun to not just go in a staight line.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Domo
actually more like SuperStreet>Dsport..Dsport only has good dvds and thats how they actually gain customers because there articles suck
Ain't that the truth. DSport is so poorly written that I've actually called them up and pointed out multiple spelling mistakes and horrifyingly bad grammar choices to them before. Neither one of those things should EVER escape their editing department before being printed. Their literary abilities make me question if they were raised on the internet or actually attended primary school. Their tech is usually solid, but honestly it's hard to read without wanting to cry.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Too true.

I only pick up D Sport when I see a tC on the cover

I get Superstreet every month though. Even though it's mostly HONDUHS it's the best magazine out there.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Domo

Oh heck no. DSport > SS all day everyday. Not only does it have the DVD's, but when they talk about the cars, they don't just talk about the aesthetics on it. They usually post the power the car is making and their mag is heavily focused on actually TECH stuff. They do a lot of the racing and driving themselves. Something you don't find in other mags, as those dudes are more or less just "writers" rather than car guys who get dirty. I 100% would take a dude who can't exactly write a pretty paragraph, but can jump under my hood and tell me what's wrong and what can make it better, than some dude who can tell a great story, but goes home and sits on the couch eating Frito's driving a soccer mom van.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

At least this thread is entertaining me at work lol
Old 09-26-2009, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^It's serving its purpose then...heheee...

It's funny the PM's I've been getting recently. LoL...people are like "Good Job!!".
Old 09-26-2009, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Form over function any day.

Name:  mcdonalds_ghetto_car.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  38.7 KB
Old 09-26-2009, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member