Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Rear ended!!!(pics) just look...No reaction advice please.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 06:59 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Rear ended!!!(pics) just look...No reaction advice please.

Well, I was sitting at a red flashing light with this Dakota behind me when all of a sudden..........BOOM. hits me. He tries to tell me it's not his fault and that's when I say "How the ____ is it NOT your fault? The sign says stop on flashing red and then proceed. I stop and you hit me. Did you not read the first part of the ____ing sign?" He then said "I thought you went." Then, I countered with "I don't give a ____ what you thought........I DIDN'T!" Then he changes his tone and becomes a bit more shy b/c he knows he's wrong. I told him to follow me to this shoulder and wait for the cops. I told him that if he tried to run, I've got his plate so don't be stupid. We waited for a bit and I got all his info. (Plate, 05 Dakota, Blue, house address, house phone/cell phone, place of business). He didn't want to do insurance info b/c he didn't have it but he said he'd pay for it. He told me it was just a little ding so it's not much. I told him that he doesn't understand that you can't just unbend plastic. It's the entire rear bumper you replace. He said, "Oh...". Yeah, dumbass, that was his brain telling him he's an idiot. I got a price from scion for 225$ just for the bumper and my buddy has a friend that has a paint shop. Going to get the estimate today. If this ends up being more than 500$, I'm going to tell him that i'll save him the install price at the dealer of maybe around 200$ if he gives me 100$ added onto the total. I'm not getting the dealer to touch my car and the rear bumper DIY's are all over the net.

I'M SO ____ING ____ED!!! He just stirred me up when he said it wasn't his fault.

It's only the rear bumper and there's an outline of his license plate on it. _______!
Old 01-17-2007, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I feel your pain. Getting into an accident sucks. Although it aint your fault, its a "waste of time" getting the car fixed.. that is what ____es me off the most. Yeah, I'll get into an accident, but the aftermath is sooo frikken ___.

Looks like all is well for you since you got a buddy at a paintshop. I went through 2 accidents with my box already.. sheeeeeeesh!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Rear ended? Sounds like you damn near rectum! Ha!

Serriously though, getting in a wreck sucks. I'd report it to the police so they have a record of the incedent. That will keep him from trying to weasel out of paying.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:20 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by captainlaziness
Rear ended? Sounds like you damn near rectum! Ha!

Serriously though, getting in a wreck sucks. I'd report it to the police so they have a record of the incedent. That will keep him from trying to weasel out of paying.
Oh, they came. They told me that I just have to report it to my insurance. Helpful right? dumbasses
Old 01-17-2007, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Did the guy get a ticket?
Old 01-17-2007, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I hope you get this done as fast as possible
sorry to hear that bello
Old 01-17-2007, 07:54 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No ticket. I got all his vehicle info and his house information and I just reported this to my inisurance so they have it on record. The cops just sat there with their hands in their pocket. My insurance co. said that they won't do much unless someone's injured. I should have said my back was hurt, but whatever..........i'll save that for a bigger one

Si, sto bene.....grazie per il pensiero. Spelling is ok right?
Old 01-17-2007, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Flawless :D
Old 01-17-2007, 09:55 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC4italy
Old 01-17-2007, 09:56 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC4italy

Price quote for the bumper: 224
Price quote for the paint: 267

I told him to cut me a certified check for 500 or cash and we're even. I'll install it in 30 minutes in my garage.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:48 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 01-18-2007, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that's not bad at all, dude.

Although I understand your frustration, did you really get that mad and curse at the other guy?
Old 01-18-2007, 12:44 AM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yup, anyone gets near my car and I snap. I did not spend the money I did on it to have some dumba** not paying attention just come up behind me and hit me.

The guy was trying to say that it was not his fault and I made sure he knew by the time it was all said and done that it was.

It could have been worse, but it is still something that I see each and everyday and just get ____ed off at because he was careless.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry about your accident but jeez man have some self control..

It was an accident.. Every accident Ive ever been in has never been my fault but theres no reason to snap at the guy. Accidents happen we get it fixed and move on..

Just be glad he didnt gun it and push you into oncoming traffic that could have resulted in alot more serious of an accident.

Also word of advice best thing to do in an accident is dont talk to the other people. If your both ok just wait for the police and tell your side of the the story to them.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:04 AM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, those things were said as he had a few things to say so that's that. I'm getting my money and that's it. All I have to do is turn it over to the insurance company, I already have it reported but not as a claim (the girl said just to call and they'd take care of it all if I wanted). He's lucky I'm letting it go for 500 b/c the dealer would charge him that at a minimum, plus installation.

No need to give "control" advice b/c there's no ears listening to it. This is a post for those to see the accident and not a plea for reassurance that I did the right thing. Things got done the way they did and they were correct for the situation. If you know me, this reaction is not something I do more than 1% of the time. I'm allowd my 1% in this situation.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by web
Well, those things were said as he had a few things to say so that's that. I'm getting my money and that's it. All I have to do is turn it over to the insurance company, I already have it reported but not as a claim (the girl said just to call and they'd take care of it all if I wanted). He's lucky I'm letting it go for 500 b/c the dealer would charge him that at a minimum, plus installation.

No need to give "control" advice b/c there's no ears listening to it. This is a post for those to see the accident and not a plea for reassurance that I did the right thing. Things got done the way they did and they were correct for the situation. If you know me, this reaction is not something I do more than 1% of the time. I'm allowd my 1% in this situation.
Thats cool.. No hate just trying to give friendly advice..

I haven't been an accident claims adjuster for nothing.. Ive seen the best and worst of situations from normal everyday accidents to even the non at fault people getting arrested because of how they acted at the time.. Just always keep your cool and keep ridin
Old 01-18-2007, 01:15 AM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Aight cool. didn't mean any disrespect. Thanks for the lookin' out.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey dude, same thing happened to me. I completely understand how angry you were when the guy said it wasn't his fault. Normally, I'm a laid back person and I understand, **** happens but whoever sure as hell better accept responsibility.

My scenario was I came up on a red light, hear tire screeching, and this would be the second time I got rear ended; the first time put my car in the shop for a month so I wasn't about to let that happen again and give my car a lurch.

No dice.

I hear a BLAM. I'm thinking, "not again... let's get this over with." But as I was pulling over to the shoulder, would you know it, the ____er gunned it. Just thinking about it makes my blood boil... but yea, the guy guns it, a silver Ford Taurus, possibly 2000-2005 model year, but I didn't get his license plate. And the rage... yes, I can totally empathize with how angry you were.

But wait! My story gets better! As I was going into fits of rage walking to class, I decide to check the damage on my car and guess what! I had about as much damage as you did but the other guy's car was dirty enough to leave a very clear impression of his license plate. 5UVN719. Went to the cops later and filed a hit/run. I'm content.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Good thing you're doin just fine Web.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:11 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kungpaosamuraiii
Hey dude, same thing happened to me. I completely understand how angry you were when the guy said it wasn't his fault. Normally, I'm a laid back person and I understand, **** happens but whoever sure as hell better accept responsibility.

My scenario was I came up on a red light, hear tire screeching, and this would be the second time I got rear ended; the first time put my car in the shop for a month so I wasn't about to let that happen again and give my car a lurch.

No dice.

I hear a BLAM. I'm thinking, "not again... let's get this over with." But as I was pulling over to the shoulder, would you know it, the ____er gunned it. Just thinking about it makes my blood boil... but yea, the guy guns it, a silver Ford Taurus, possibly 2000-2005 model year, but I didn't get his license plate. And the rage... yes, I can totally empathize with how angry you were.

But wait! My story gets better! As I was going into fits of rage walking to class, I decide to check the damage on my car and guess what! I had about as much damage as you did but the other guy's car was dirty enough to leave a very clear impression of his license plate. 5UVN719. Went to the cops later and filed a hit/run. I'm content.

hahahahahaha, that's awesome!!!

Quick Reply: Rear ended!!!(pics) just look...No reaction advice please.