Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Rear ended!!!(pics) just look...No reaction advice please.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 01:12 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jehoo
Good thing you're doin just fine Web.
thanks............it wasn't hard enough to hurt me but my back was a bit tight for an hour after that. I went home and went for a bike ride and it seemed to loosen up so it's all good now.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

same thing happened to me only the guy tried to leave, i opened his door and was about to kill him. turned out he had no license or registration, cops where on the way and i ended up milking him for $600 and the scuffs he made on my car wiped off with a nice scrubbing. lol
Old 01-18-2007, 05:18 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I can now say that if the guy doesn't call me back (I've called 2x today already with no answer), I'm going nail him for this. My brother in law is a cop and ran the plates for me and gave me the guy's insurance information . I'll give him until the end of today before I leave work and then I'll just let my insurance company deal with it. It just sucks to be this guy.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think mine's worse. here's my car that got rear ended really bad and i end up hitting the car in front of me. A sandwiched tc anyone? I got it fixed and his insurance paid for it.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ouch!
Old 01-19-2007, 11:46 AM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Amazing the unibody wasn't touched. I would have said no to them fixing it if that were the case.

You were ok in this one right?
Old 01-19-2007, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Dibs on the headlights? :D ohh.. you got it fixed... my bad.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:46 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, haven't heard from the guy so it's filed under his policy now. They are pursuing it
Old 01-19-2007, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Sorry to hear all your problems. Yea kinda same thing happened to my sis. we didnt bother dealin with the person, we just reported it to insurance and authorities and let em handle it.

hope it works out well
Old 01-19-2007, 07:52 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks. I just don't want to have my insurance fix someone else's mistake, that's all.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was pretty lucky my hatch and my taillights were'nt damaged. just the bottom frame was tucked in underneath and the front bumper and headlights were replaced. I said goodbye to my led park lights coz they were replaced by stock bulbs. I kept my HIDs though.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by sciondrgn
Also word of advice best thing to do in an accident is dont talk to the other people. If your both ok just wait for the police and tell your side of the the story to them.
that would be good advice for anyone that runs into my car.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you live in NC, anyone who rearends you automatically gets the blame and gets a ticket for following too close.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If he's paying for it...get the dealership to do EVERYTHING. make him pay for it all to be professionally done. if he ends up trying to get out of it...take it to the law.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member

Glad that everything worked out for you... here's a good story..

Sitting at a stop light and the car across from me has its brights on and me and my pal are thinking "WTF mate?" We're at a one way street, as far as turning goes - left is the only option for us and right is the only option for the car across from us. So green light, GOOO... we go straight, she tries to pull a left and wham! right into us. note: my first accident, ever! i was 22. So we shake it off and get out of the car... this chick backs up, dropping the front-end of her car (turned out to be brand new 06 Corolla) then she continues down the wrong way of the one way street, dragging the remains of the front of her car, sparks flying everywhere. She's going all of 15-20mph so i run after her and yell out the license plate number while she attempts to go on the freeway, dumping her headlight along the way...

This all took place on a military base (Fort Bragg for those that care) and she just happened to be a soldier.. tsk tsk. Long story short, her VIN was in the piece of car she abandoned. Not only did she get charged with hit and run, but she resisted arrest and lied to the cops. To make it worse, they couldnt reach her First Sergeant, so they had to call her Commander.

Ahh karma.. delicious!
Old 02-06-2007, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sheesh. I know your pain. My girlfriend and her friend were following behind my xB. They started arguing, and the next thing I know...BUMP! The rear bumper's now all scratched up, and I either have to find a way to fix it myself or just live with it. I just bought the rear bumper applique, so that should help, but there's a small gap between rear bumper and rear fender. Bleh. Too bad I don't have enough cash for a body kit.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:08 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Got my money 1 week ago . Got my bike rack coming in Friday
Old 02-06-2007, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok now here's a story. One night me and a few buddies are out in his Pathfinder. We're driving through a green light and this moron in a saturn decides to make a right turn, without yielding for us, onto the street we're travelling on with about 30 feet of room. Also it was snowing. We hit the brakes and slide and come like 5 feet from hitting her, because when she saw us she just decided to stop like a deer in the headlights instead of finishing her right turn and cutting us off. She gives us the what are you doing look so my buddy flips her off in anger since she was oh so obviously in the wrong. Well we go and she gets behind us and starts tailgating really hard. My buddy just floors it and we leave her behind. Next light, we're stopped at a red, I look back and she's coming at like 30 straight at us. I'm like everyone hold on and she tags us and moves us about 10 feet into the intersection. We all jump out and take a look at the damage and my friend is like what's wrong with you are you effing drunk. She goes "yes.....very"...and proceeds to drive off. She has no headlights anymore, can't see past her hood which is bent up, runs the redlight, is driving the wrong side of the rode, in the snow, drunk. So while she's driving off I got her plates and called the cops. He goes to her house and she says she was scared because they were threatening me and gets off completely on any tickets.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

By the way her car was totalled. It stalled twice while she was trying to drive away and the radiator was busted so she couldn't see past the steam as well. And to think she actually made it home like that, her house was like 20 miles away lol...my buddies car had a little problem with his spare tire rack thing closing and she bent his plate, that's it.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

^ your lucky your buddy didnt get in any trouble

Quick Reply: Rear ended!!!(pics) just look...No reaction advice please.