Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Review Of DDM Tunings 35watt HID Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 06tcdude
I'm thinking about getting 10k for my headlights, and 8k for my fogs. Is there a big color difference? Cause my fogs are slightly smoked.

not really, just the 10k is has more blue than the 8k

this chart is pretty much on point.
how did u smoke u foglights? i am thinking about smoking my fogs and headlights.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:40 PM
ZTC
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Bump from the dead. My HID pass side ballast from the apexcone raptor HID kit has crapped out. so We'll see how DDM's customer service goes.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

waiting for my HID's from mobile hid to crap out... lately the bulbs have been flickering while on and i have that whole relay kit on there too... you guys think that ballasts are going out?????

i want to get 35 watt 8k for my headlights and 35 watt 3k for my fogs, would that be a good match or no? i'd like to have a yellow output from the fogs..
Old 03-05-2010, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mine shuts off out of nowhere like twice... and there are times where i had to switch on the switch on and off to ignite the ballast (it seems that it happens to other people too). really is the ballast bad or relay?
Old 03-05-2010, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

hmm if these are so inexpensive i might get a set of yellows for my foglights...
Old 03-05-2010, 06:44 AM
SL Member

just ordered from them...h7 for wifes car and 9006 for the tc. got the package yesterday and while installing noticed they gave me the wrong ballast for the 9006. installed the h7's and looks pretty good. we'll see how their customer service is.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

are there any fitment issues with these or modifying needed. I planned on throwing a set in my 2010 tc with the oem projectors and wanna make sure theres no issues before firing off my order.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ddm makes great stuff there big in the euro world with hid and angel eyes quality products and honor warranty
Old 06-08-2010, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A few questions.

Which HID kit do I get? The raptor or the slim ballast kit?
Do I need to add on the HID harness?
Do I need the error code eliminator?
Where do I get a relay?
Old 06-08-2010, 05:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok ordered another set for my civic and all I can say is man these people are idiots. I ordered on may 10th and before I ordered I called ahead to make sure that they had kits in stock and enough to fill my order. The guy on the phone waits a few moments and says yes so I order online. I ordered and wait a week and call after seeing no status or shipping. He says their back ordered. I say ok last time it was just a week so I wait again. I call a week later. Back ordered again. I tell them this is getting ridiculous. Finally on June 4th I receive my product. Almost a month for a set of HIDS. F**k DDM tuning. I can't wait to go to San Diego in August for my vacation so I can walk in and give someone the finger.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RoboCop
A few questions.

Which HID kit do I get? The raptor or the slim ballast kit?
Do I need to add on the HID harness?
Do I need the error code eliminator?
Where do I get a relay?
Get the raptor, the slim ballast seem to not last as long, and you dont need a error code eliminator.
As for the relay, if you feel comfortable wiring your self go to radioshack and get what you need, but if you dont just order a relay harness from ddm.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cronic
Ok ordered another set for my civic and all I can say is man these people are idiots. I ordered on may 10th and before I ordered I called ahead to make sure that they had kits in stock and enough to fill my order. The guy on the phone waits a few moments and says yes so I order online. I ordered and wait a week and call after seeing no status or shipping. He says their back ordered. I say ok last time it was just a week so I wait again. I call a week later. Back ordered again. I tell them this is getting ridiculous. Finally on June 4th I receive my product. Almost a month for a set of HIDS. F**k DDM tuning. I can't wait to go to San Diego in August for my vacation so I can walk in and give someone the finger.
Their shipment got stuck in customs forever man. ive needed to get 2 kits for the past few weeks and they haven't had em in at all. not their fault they couldn't get their kits in.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by EAmon
Their shipment got stuck in customs forever man. ive needed to get 2 kits for the past few weeks and they haven't had em in at all. not their fault they couldn't get their kits in.
It is their fault for misleading me in the first place. I would of glady payed a little more to buy my kit here locally if I had known I was going to be waiting a month. I had to use my wifes tc for almost a month to go to work because of it. At the very least an apology from the company would have been sufficient especially considering the sales twerp lied to me in the first place.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Why did you have to use a different car because you didn't have hids??
Old 06-08-2010, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by skakemokid
Get the raptor, the slim ballast seem to not last as long, and you dont need a error code eliminator.
As for the relay, if you feel comfortable wiring your self go to radioshack and get what you need, but if you dont just order a relay harness from ddm.
It asks about an HID harness (dual in, dual out). What is that? Is it needed?
Old 06-08-2010, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Hamster
SL Member

^^ lol Dave.

On topic, I might order a set of these for the wife's V50. HID is the only option we didn't get and the halogens thru the Volvo projectors are crap.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

there shipments got stuck in customs and thats why there was a delay, they had messages on their website saying it was a 7-10 buiness delay. They had a flux of online orders that totally wipedthem out, having to hire extra staff to try and keep up.

check it out on facebook w/ pics. I too had to wait almost a montha nd they will be here today according to fedex, But my last set i got in a weeks time and have nothing but rave reviews, where else are you gonna get hids w/ a lifetime warantee for 40 bucks.

i know my last set crapped out from cqlight.ca and when i asked about a replacement they were discontinued and i would have to buy a enw kit instead of just a ballast.

So ddm tunning for the win
Old 06-08-2010, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by grumpy6489
how did u smoke u foglights? i am thinking about smoking my fogs and headlights.
i bought the JDM fogs from ebay, in smoked.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cronic
It is their fault for misleading me in the first place. I would of glady payed a little more to buy my kit here locally if I had known I was going to be waiting a month. I had to use my wifes tc for almost a month to go to work because of it. At the very least an apology from the company would have been sufficient especially considering the sales twerp lied to me in the first place.
you couldn't have just thrown some stock bulbs in? Honestly you are getting all butt hurt over ONE time that they had problems with their shipment? next time just f off and get ____tier HIDS from some local guy for more $$$. jeeze

Ive had nothing but great service from DDM. They replaced my friends bulbs w/o question when they burnt out! He didnt even have his receipt! Now, an i going to get all butt hurt because they havent had the 2 kits I have needed for the past month for my friends Mustang? No. Why? Because in the past i have had excellent service from them and i know that in the future i will have excellent service too.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Will I need a harness for my APT fog lights? If not, will it make installation easier if I bought one? Will I need to cut wires (with or without a harness)?

Sorry I'm an electrical noob.

Quick Reply: Review Of DDM Tunings 35watt HID Kit