Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

SCION EMBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by CXT
Originally Posted by Jay5729
If you want to be different, try making a custom emblem like I did. I cast a mold of the original, then cast it in frosted plastic, backlit it with Blue L.E.D.s an dbling! custom unique light up Scion Emblem. No-one else has one.
Ummm did nobody else notice this post?
Thats freaking awesome when are you going to start making these for us?
I can cast the plastic emblem for you no problem, but you will have to do all the lighting yourself. $45.00 for the Emblem, and I have to cast it and let it cure for 3 days.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

If you want a Lexus emblem, you should have bought a Lexus. That's no better than a Tercel with a Benz emblem
Old 06-07-2007, 08:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you will be giving scion owners a bad rep...mainly that they are lame and have bad taste...but if u want to go for it...just know that the majority of the ppl on here and non-scion owners will think you are an idiot...im saying this out of love for the SCION tC...you do love the tC right?
Old 06-07-2007, 07:50 PM
J-
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't even think a 16 year old would do this anymore
Old 06-07-2007, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Come down from the wannabe band wagon.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do it....do it....Do It! If you back down now I'll lose all respect. Do It.

Take your Scion emblems to the Lexus lot and match them up. Go to the parts counter and ask to "trade"
Old 06-07-2007, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i saw the worst ____ing tc a couple days ago, it was night and he had red strips of red neon all inside the roof of his car in his cab, and when i got up behind him at the light i saw that he had replaced his Scion emblem with a Lexus emblem, and also on the top left he had the actual Lexus emblem that is the whole word, not just the symbol, and he put an r or an s emblem in front of his tC emblem. it was embarassing to look at. i tried to snap a pic but it was too dark
Old 06-08-2007, 07:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CRiMiNaL
ha ha...
too funny you guys are getting a little to carried away with this! im just wanted something different. i took all my emblems off. so i dont have any on my car now. i just want something different
do it, adding a lexus emblem adds 90 hp and your vehicle upgrades from economy to luxury.

cheapest mod you can do.

and the best thing is that the trade in car value will increase from 15k to 27k at the lexus dealer. You'd be stupid NOT to stick an "L" on your car. Those dealerships will be none the wiser.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Lexus owner's will interpret the letter "L" as .
Old 06-08-2007, 08:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by WeaponX6X
If you want a Lexus emblem, you should have bought a Lexus. That's no better than a Tercel with a Benz emblem
This post well sums up the ignorance of most of you posting on this thread. The point is not that there be a high-end brand on his Scion, if he wanted a BMW or Benz emblem on there I would see throwing off on him. But, Lexus is a whole different thing. The names Scion and Lexus are both no more than just marketing concepts. You own and drive a Toyota if you have any of the three “brands”. They are words used just the same as in advertising anything else. If you have been fooled by what a marketing team tells you is this or that, you’re the ones that need to come to a realization of what is “rice” or “dumb”. I have L emblems on my xB and people love it, they ask me about it all the time now. We joke about it and I tell them my value went up $5000 for the $30 investment. Most all people think it is a Lexus till I tell them it’s not. Believe it or not, most of the general public doesn’t know models and makes of cars the way people on here would and it’s not a really big issue with them as it is with some of you.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by prettymonkey
Originally Posted by WeaponX6X
This post well sums up the ignorance of most of you posting on this thread. The point is not that there be a high-end brand on his Scion, if he wanted a BMW or Benz emblem on there I would see throwing off on him. But, Lexus is a whole different thing. The names Scion and Lexus are both no more than just marketing concepts. You own and drive a Toyota if you have any of the three “brands”. They are words used just the same as in advertising anything else. If you have been fooled by what a marketing team tells you is this or that, you’re the ones that need to come to a realization of what is “rice” or “dumb”. I have L emblems on my xB and people love it, they ask me about it all the time now. We joke about it and I tell them my value went up $5000 for the $30 investment. Most all people think it is a Lexus till I tell them it’s not. Believe it or not, most of the general public doesn’t know models and makes of cars the way people on here would and it’s not a really big issue with them as it is with some of you.
No. There is no way someone can think an xB is actually a Lexus... thats ridiculous.
Just because lexus and scion both come from toyota, doesnt mean a scion is a lexus. i.e. the scion tc has some similarities visually with the is250 or 350, however they are dramatically different cars in terms of power, exterior and interior. let alone an xB, an xB is an xB there is no way it looks like a lexus. xBs are almost iconic now with the box look its too different to trick anyone that remotely knows anything about a car.

if you do it for ish and giggles, whatever floats your boat. but I personally would think that the person is a poser and couldnt afford a lexus so he made a an imitation lexus

besides if the only people that would NOT be able to tell the tc was not a lexus are those that have no interest in cars, however from my understanding, the OP wants people to think his tc is a lexus, and the people he's going to try and impress are the ones that will know its not aq Lexus.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its his car let him do what he wants.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Daskid
Lexus owner's will interpret the letter "L" as .
Old 06-09-2007, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This thread is a perfect example of what americans wanted to create with brand image. Back in japan, there used to be no Acura, Infiniti or Lexus (until recently). Americans have a very high brand consiouce. (I know this is a German referance but the point is made still) They dont want to buy a 80k Volkswagen that is clearly a excellent luxury car (the Phaeton) but will gladly spend 80k on a A6 at the drop of a hat. Its just the way Americans work. Scion is thought as the junior brand. To call it a toyota is an insult to toyota owners, and to call it a lexus is a slap in the face to lexus owners.

I do agree that if Toyota wanted to, they could have easily put a lexus badge on the tc, raised the base price to about 25,000 and put 2-3 more gadgets into it, and it would be a great selling lexus that lexus purist would be screaming "its cheaping the brand!"

If youre going VIP style with your Scion and put a Lexus badge on it for more of a Prestige (excuse my spelling) more power to you. Just make sure you remove the Scion badge from the steering wheel too. If you do it dont half ___ it. Same goes for a Toyota badge swap. Do it right.

As for the rest of you that want to belittle these people for wanting to swap their badges. Go take a broomstick and break it up inside your own ___ to dislodge whatever is stuck up there now. Atleast theyre not putting GT-R or Type R onto them........

By the way 1 more point i feel like i need to make since were discussing "Immatation Lexus" Most of Toyotas line can easily have an "L" affixed to it, its price raised a couple thousand dollars and be called a Lexus.

LIke i said and i feel the need to repeat my point. Only Americans care so much that their Toyota be one of 3 brands. Their can be no line between them. God, marketing is such a funny thing to watch work so perfectly
Old 06-10-2007, 07:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by imagin
This thread is a perfect example of what americans wanted to create with brand image. Back in japan, there used to be no Acura, Infiniti or Lexus (until recently). Americans have a very high brand consiouce. (I know this is a German referance but the point is made still) They dont want to buy a 80k Volkswagen that is clearly a excellent luxury car (the Phaeton) but will gladly spend 80k on a A6 at the drop of a hat. Its just the way Americans work. Scion is thought as the junior brand. To call it a toyota is an insult to toyota owners, and to call it a lexus is a slap in the face to lexus owners.

I do agree that if Toyota wanted to, they could have easily put a lexus badge on the tc, raised the base price to about 25,000 and put 2-3 more gadgets into it, and it would be a great selling lexus that lexus purist would be screaming "its cheaping the brand!"

If youre going VIP style with your Scion and put a Lexus badge on it for more of a Prestige (excuse my spelling) more power to you. Just make sure you remove the Scion badge from the steering wheel too. If you do it dont half butt it. Same goes for a Toyota badge swap. Do it right.

As for the rest of you that want to belittle these people for wanting to swap their badges. Go take a broomstick and break it up inside your own butt to dislodge whatever is stuck up there now. Atleast theyre not putting GT-R or Type R onto them........

By the way 1 more point i feel like i need to make since were discussing "Immatation Lexus" Most of Toyotas line can easily have an "L" affixed to it, its price raised a couple thousand dollars and be called a Lexus.

LIke i said and i feel the need to repeat my point. Only Americans care so much that their Toyota be one of 3 brands. Their can be no line between them. God, marketing is such a funny thing to watch work so perfectly

Well said my friend.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Both Ford and GM tried the simple rebatch plus leather thing a few decades ago. GM basically made a Cadilac Cavalier and Ford, I think used the Granada. Both fooled no one and were distinct failures. We'll see how it works this time around for Ford, as their Lincolns "look" like Fords with different grills. I have no idea if they have different power and suspension components.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by HKSpeed
tell people you drive a Lexus TC240. lol.

hahahahha~~ thats so right
Old 06-14-2007, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont forget vtec stickers...and probably an M powered vinyl accross the front windshield
Old 06-15-2007, 01:51 AM

I say you do what you want to do to ur car bro. Just dont do it half a$$ and remove all the Scion emblems
Old 06-15-2007, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just got back from dinner and saw a lancer gs...with a 300C Hemi Emblem on the side...but your idea is much cooler

Quick Reply: SCION EMBLEM