Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

shaved logo!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default shaved logo!

i got a little bored at woork being as we have not had work for two days now. so idecided to shave my scion logo off the hatch handle and replace it with a ghost logo. let me know if you all like it. i dunno if its been done or not, if it has i havnt seen it. but i think it looks neat.

the rest are just a few pix of my tC since idont think i've posted after i put my lights/wheels on. let me know what you think!

Old 03-08-2006, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

You already know that I like it.... Nice Wheels Too... LoL

Using good paint and doing the right kind of work on the interior pieces is something a lot of guys can learn from...

I'd definately share a little of your knowledge, as I'm sure a lot of the guys in here would love to learn how to do those interior pieces the right way, to get the best results...
Old 03-08-2006, 04:03 AM
5 Year Member

Looks cool, but not something too many people would notice, but nice!
Old 03-08-2006, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How did you remove the chrome from the interior center console? Looks very sharp, even the shifter looks like it belongs on a ultra-luxary sports car.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ERIC-TC
How did you remove the chrome from the interior center console? Looks very sharp, even the shifter looks like it belongs on a ultra-luxary sports car.
it's not chrome, it's painted plastic
Old 03-08-2006, 04:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Please do a FAQ on painting the center console! I have several scratches on there when I did the blue light conversion... besides, my ex-gf didn't want me to do it because she liked the silver/aluminum color combo... since we broke up already, I am gonna paint it as I always wanted to... LOL
Old 03-08-2006, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahaha thanks tim!

and yeah it is just plastic, the whole interior comes out with like 4 screws i think. i dont remember it was a long time ago.

i just thought i'd try something new. and i think it worked. i dont have the cash to do any major changes at this moment in time so i figured i'd take my knowlege and do something small like my logo. it worked for me. i like it :-)
Old 03-08-2006, 04:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you have to sand it? What grit did you use if you did? How many layers(?) did you spray on? Is it just like how you paint the emblem? (adhesive promoter, color spray, then clear coat?)
Old 03-08-2006, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yea i like it, its something that makes you look twice when driving
Old 03-08-2006, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: shaved logo!

Originally Posted by honey0bucket

dude!.... is that FM paint that you put on your center console....

man! thats sweet! good job!
Old 03-08-2006, 05:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

for the painted console...did u tape it off then spray it? or hand paint? im pretty set on thinkin u sprayed it...even coat...looks good, its something easy to do...but a lil time consuming...maybe...1 hour or two...gotta let the paint settle...n how many layers/thick... nice though!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 05:29 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

i like it looks great
Old 03-08-2006, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Default Re: shaved logo!

Originally Posted by honey0bucket

[/quote]

damn dood you beat me too it lol.

looks good, im gettin mine done soon, but i think im gonna do the inside BSP and the outside FM
Old 03-08-2006, 05:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

okay sorry it has taken me soo long to post this..i have been out and about all night. but in answer to your questions and comments.

I've painted my center consol, the pice above the gauges, all my vents, the small circle on the doorpanel and the pice that holds your window up down and lock unlock

the center consol is very easy to do. All i did was pull it out...run fine line tape down the lines and then masked off the rest of what i didnt want painted. i used 800 grit sand paper to just barley dull the serfice so the piant would stick. MAKE SURE YOU CLEAN THE SERFACE THAT YOUR PAINTING VERY VERY VERY GOOD. otherwise you will get craters and bumps and crap all over the place. then you have to re sand them down to make it flat again. any kind of plastic cleaner will work. you can pick it up at any autopaint store. just tell them what your doing and they will point you in the right direction. back to painting lol. just spray out the color..i only did 2 coats. and all i used was regular old car paint. sherwin williams only because thats waht my shop uses at this moment in time. clear it and your good to go. its really very very simple. if you have any more questions or anything of the sort feel free to pm me and i'll answer whatever i can. im looking forward to seeing others do this as well. it gives it a nice clean look on the inside because that silver on silver just bugged the heck out of me!!

if anybody has anymore ideas of things to paint..let me know and i'll try it out and post pix.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is that a short throw shifter you got there or is it just the shift **** and the angle of the picture that makes it look a lot shorter?
Old 03-08-2006, 05:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

how did you paint your vents though? What about the center vents? old car paint?? I wanted gun metal or the color that you have on your car, but I have never found any from dupli color... anyone knows where to get those?
Old 03-08-2006, 06:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well okay not all my vents..i painted the ones on the outside.. and then the small circle ones...are those the vents you mean?

if it is all you do is pull them off, because they just pop out, and then scuff them up with some 800 or like a superfine pad, hell even a red scotch brite will work. and then either paint them yourself or take them to your local bodyshop and have them spray it.

and yes its a short throw shifter...TWMs short throw with their weighted shift ****. only got it weighted cuz ilike the look haha

gosh im tired of editing this..haha. okay so i just mixed up the same exact paint i would if i was to paint my bumper. so unless you ahve access to a bodyshop, i doubt you can get the FM color. you will probalby end up having to pay a lil bit to have a bodyshop spray it. it woudl only take them like an hour and half start to finish. might cost you 54 bucks or whatever their hourly is for paint time.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like your rims and the look of your interior. but, your shaved logo look appears to me that some punk stole your emblem and make a medallion out of it. Viva la benz! The ghosted area looks like where the paint lost color. Well, that's my opinion.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^^ I have to agree the shaved emblem looks like a sticker that was on to long and faded your paint. I like the color you chose for your interior though.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Banned
SL Member

can tht fade be taken off with some goo gone or sometin? also, console is sweet, im jackin tht look for my fm haha

Quick Reply: shaved logo!