Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Silver star turn signals?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 04:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So we have to threads now of people looking for silvstar turn signals, that is valuable info if we ever find some. Does any one have pics of those LED lights installed from the earlier post, or at least feedback on them?
Old 03-23-2005, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member

just bought these for the front turn signals... http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-L...lbs-no-906.htm

and picked these up also for the reverse lights... http://store.racinglab.com/pixtremsupwh4.html

i hope they look good...
Old 03-23-2005, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Somnambulated
Originally Posted by smash
um, nah that's okay i'll pass on spending that much on a product that looks worse than the stock mirror turn signals and is still amber-colored anyway.

but yea that sucks.. wish they had just made little snap off pieces of plastic over the bulbs on the mirrors.
You're worried about how the BULB looks? It's chromed so it blends in with the reflector.
Yes actually I am.. if I'm going to all the trouble, time and $$ to change the mirror style, why would I want something that looks similar to stock? And I'd also not ever pay that much for side mirrors.. I'll wait till an easier work around comes about for simply changing the bulbs inside the mirrors.. or until someone comes out with some cute oh I dunno M3 style mirrors or something that look better anyway.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by larry flint
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7936231745&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

i bought these. i think they might be OK.

Any pics of theses installed? at night? day?
Old 03-26-2005, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any updates on finding the silverstars?
no, sylvania does not make stealth super coated 7440 bulbs. raybrig does though. they have them in 7440 for the tc front turn signal and also 194's if you want to try them for the running/accent lights.

here is a pdf of the current raybrig catalog. scroll down to page five to the accessory bulbs and you'll see the supercoats. they have them in two colors - silver/stealth and supercoat blue: http://www.spwindustries.com/109/raybrig.pdf

and this is the *only* place i can find that sells them: http://www.karfanatics.com/comersus/...?idProduct=175
Old 10-11-2005, 07:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't mean to bump such an old thread, but figured I might as well put the information here. Philips also makes a diadem type bulb that appears silver but lights up amber. It is marketed under their SilverVision line of bulbs.

The tC's front turn signal comes in the 7440 size. 7440 bulb size is also equivalent to WY21W. A search on google will confirm this. Anyway, the UK site autobulbsdirect sells the Philips Silvervision in WY21W for $27 per pair including shipping. This is a much better price than PIAA bulbs which can be over $40 for a pair.

If anyone else wants them, here is the site:
http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/pro...1&cat=0&page=1
Old 10-11-2005, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

my front turn signals are blue and emit super white light..but lucky for me, i live in texas..and the law here is white OR amber light from the front turn signal. but too bad we still have our front license plate law..i took mine off anyways..hehe
Old 10-11-2005, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

by the way..i wish there was an easier way to clear out the corners on the tC...that orange reflector is soo damn ugly!
Old 10-11-2005, 11:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

um, nah that's okay i'll pass on spending that much on a product that looks worse than the stock mirror turn signals and is still amber-colored anyway.

but yea that sucks.. wish they had just made little snap off pieces of plastic over the bulbs on the mirrors.
You're worried about how the BULB looks? It's chromed so it blends in with the reflector.
Yes actually I am.. if I'm going to all the trouble, time and $$ to change the mirror style, why would I want something that looks similar to stock? And I'd also not ever pay that much for side mirrors.. I'll wait till an easier work around comes about for simply changing the bulbs inside the mirrors.. or until someone comes out with some cute oh I dunno M3 style mirrors or something that look better anyway.
I think we may have a misunderstanding.

The chromed bulbs are for the turn signals in the headlights.

I can definately see now why you wouldn't want 7440 bulbs sticking out of your mirrors.

Good luck getting those to fit, by the way.

For anyone who's been paying attention, this is what the stock turn signal looks like:

This is what mine now look like, with the chromed bulbs:

Lit up:

[/img]
Old 10-11-2005, 11:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Additionally, the 'bulbs' in the turn signals are LED's.

Someone mentioned the 'non-removable' cover on the mirror turn signal.

You can remove it, I've done it. I replaced it with a new OEM piece not too long ago.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got my chrome bulbs off of ebay for about $7 a long time ago. They still light up amber.

pic is very old
Old 10-12-2005, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

http://www.pilotautomotive.com/pilot2fa.htm

I have the xc-7440a installed in my tC and they still burn amber.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

bump
Old 10-16-2005, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I have the, "diamond-coat," version of Solaris' Invisi-bulbs; please see this link.

They look like frosted silver (not chrome) when unlit, and then flow amber when lit.

The only place I know to buy them is from Bimmian.

-Ed
Old 02-20-2006, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is there anyway to replace the orange reflectors too? or are we SOL on that one? I saw a modded tC at the autoshow here in chicago over the weekend. It had all white reflectors and lights on the front side and mirror signals. It looked soooo much cleaner than the orange crap. Looking to do that to mine... with minimal cost if at all possible.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Skeorx13
is there anyway to replace the orange reflectors too? or are we SOL on that one? I saw a modded tC at the autoshow here in chicago over the weekend. It had all white reflectors and lights on the front side and mirror signals. It looked soooo much cleaner than the orange crap. Looking to do that to mine... with minimal cost if at all possible.
Take a look at the pics of my car (click link in my sig) and you can see how it looks with tinted side marker lenses.

-Ed
Old 02-20-2006, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by EddNog
Take a look at the pics of my car (click link in my sig) and you can see how it looks with tinted side marker lenses.
-Ed
Got any links to a closer up or higher res photos? Its hard to see that one. also, is it street legal to smoke the turn lights like that? (i'm in chicago if that matters)
Old 02-20-2006, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by EddNog
-Ed
Got any links to a closer up or higher res photos? Its hard to see that one. also, is it street legal to smoke the turn lights like that? (i'm in chicago if that matters)
Sorry, didn't realize the link in my sig is borked.

Check this thread (it's long): http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/in...showtopic=6265

-Ed
Old 02-21-2006, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Those look way better than that ugly amber color. Was it difficult/expensive to change those reflectors to black? Does the light come through ok? again, is that legal to have that darkened?
Old 02-21-2006, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Those look way better than that ugly amber color. Was it difficult/expensive to change those reflectors to black? Does the light come through ok? again, is that legal to have that darkened?
If you're okay with baking open your headlamps to get access, then it's not really that hard. My suggestion is that while you're at it, install a set of Umnitza's DDE rings to dress it up a little. The darkness of the tint is dependent on you; since it's spray-on tint, the more layers you put on, the darker it gets. The legal requirement, as far as I can tell, is that it still reflects orange when hit with light.

-Ed

Quick Reply: Silver star turn signals?