Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

some idiot took out my front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 02:15 PM
SL Member

Default some idiot took out my front bumper

alright get this, im drivin home from houston superbowl sunday, mindin my own business, drivin with cruise control, at about 60- 65 mph. i was about 3 car lengths behind a ford f150 when i noticed his bed liner came out of his truck... you know wut happened next, it hits my front bumper and split it in half, tore my custom grille to where i dont know if i can fix it. i called the insurance co. and its 500$ deductable. alright thats fine but i also called the dealership, out of curiosity, and its 500 to get the bumper and have it painted (not installed). i was lookin around and i can also buy a viniati fierce lip kit because hopefully it might cover the crack. either way its 500$..... oh and for that truck he sped off while i had to make sure my tc wasnt completely ruined...... and the giants won, that day sucked
Old 02-06-2008, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

hmm..well while the li kit would be coolest fix, i wouldnt do that..its covering up the problem....as for insurance vs. new bumper..hmm...installation would be easy but then other costs adn your grill....if insurance will cover your grill..then i'd pay the deductible. . . what a jackass with the truck though....i hate people who don't take responsibility....anyway, goodluck...
Old 02-06-2008, 02:39 PM
SL Member

the grill i think can be reworked, and no the insurance refuses to pay for the grill... so i hope it can be reworked, i also need to know where i can get another tc emblem it tore it to pieces right off my grill..
Old 02-06-2008, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you wouldn't have to speed after the truck as long as you got his plate #. might have saved you some money.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if something flys out of someones truck and hits the road and then hits your car theyre not liable. if it comes straight off the truck and hits your car hes liable.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

you need the scion emblem or the tC letters?.. anyways, here's trd sparks price:

the TC Letters
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...07&catalogid=2

the emblem
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...07&catalogid=2
Old 02-06-2008, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bigwillystyle23
if something flys out of someones truck and hits the road and then hits your car theyre not liable. if it comes straight off the truck and hits your car hes liable.
Where did you come up with that?! Anything that has the potential to come off of your vehicle, you are responsible for. This includes ice. Granted, if something falls off and you are 5 miles away, there's not really a chance that you can get caught.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by ExpresScion
Where did you come up with that?! Anything that has the potential to come off of your vehicle, you are responsible for. This includes ice. Granted, if something falls off and you are 5 miles away, there's not really a chance that you can get caught.
x2
Old 02-06-2008, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahaha. so if if i spread ***** on the way i am not liable?? Sweet
Old 02-06-2008, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

actually bigwillystyle is right....here in california if something falls out of your car/truck and damages someone elses car your not liable...idk why it just is...for example about two months ago my car got hit by a fairly large rock that fell off a construction truck damaging my hood and cracking my front glass...i took down the licence plate and truck "id" and called the company immediatly on my cell...they completely blew me off and said that there was nothing they could do....so i called chp ____ed off to report it...and they couldnt do anything...
Old 02-06-2008, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Akrylic09
actually bigwillystyle is right....here in california if something falls out of your car/truck and damages someone elses car your not liable...idk why it just is...for example about two months ago my car got hit by a fairly large rock that fell off a construction truck damaging my hood and cracking my front glass...i took down the licence plate and truck "id" and called the company immediatly on my cell...they completely blew me off and said that there was nothing they could do....so i called chp ____ed off to report it...and they couldnt do anything...
Hmmm, I dunno, I've heard of people being held liable for stuff that falls off their vehicle here in CA. I recall one story which was on the local news about a washer/dryer or similar appliance falling off a truck. The driver kept going, and someone struck the appliance after it had stopped moving and had been sitting on the road for a while. Well, someone in that car died, and the CHP used a serial number on the appliance to track it back to the store, and then the store used credit card records to track it back to the individual who purchased it. That person got hit with an involuntary manslaughter charge.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that's bs. if someone doesn't properly secure their cargo and it falls off and hits another car, regardless if it hit the road first, it's that person's fault. i don't care what state you live in.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by RodC
Hmmm, I dunno, I've heard of people being held liable for stuff that falls off their vehicle here in CA. I recall one story which was on the local news about a washer/dryer or similar appliance falling off a truck. The driver kept going, and someone struck the appliance after it had stopped moving and had been sitting on the road for a while. Well, someone in that car died, and the CHP used a serial number on the appliance to track it back to the store, and then the store used credit card records to track it back to the individual who purchased it. That person got hit with an involuntary manslaughter charge.
i think i heard about that....thats why i was like wtf when they couldnt do anything....my friends sister (hot) got into a really bad accident on the 91....it was at night and i guess she swerved to miss something(idk what exactly) and ended up rolling her altima...she sued caltrans and won....now shes rollin in a g35
Old 02-06-2008, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I think it's probably easier to go after Caltrans than to figure out who dropped the object. Caltrans has a responsibility to keep our freeways clear from debris.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:57 AM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

the cops can't do anything because it's a civil matter and not criminal. you'd have to call your lawyer and bring the company to court.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

why did'nt u tell ur insurance it was'nt ur fault and u would'nt have to pay 500 dollars....it happened with my cousin tooo....he was on Pontiac G6...that truck in the front had tired in the bed and they slided off the truck and the car and so on....so he claimed and the fault was other driver so he did'nt had to pay a penny...
Old 02-11-2008, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ but his premium should have gone up? Making a claim usually to jack up the premium of an insurance... not sure though.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

no it did'nt because his insurance did'nt have to pay for it, it was other guy's insurance which paid for the repair.
he also talk to his insurance that his insurance did'nt went up....and they said "no"