Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Some kid dented my car while I was in it

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 09:39 PM
SL Member

Angry Some kid dented my car while I was in it

I was at the laundromat parking lot in my car waiting for my clothes to finish washing. Next thing I feel the car shake and hear a noise. So I look out of the corner of my rearview mirror and see a kid pushing one of those metal laundry carts. He was pushing the cart from the car back into the laundromat up the hill in the parking lot. His mom was watching the other kid in the van and didn't see what happened.

So I went up to the mom because I am not going to argue with a 12 year old. His mom said no he didn't hit your car but I wasn't looking, which makes a lot of sense. She said that dent must have already been there. She didnt even see the dent I pointed out to her which really makes me have faith in her credibility. I again said I was in my car when it happened and I felt it when he hit it There is a horizontal crease dent (minor but enough to ruin the appearance of the car and really annoy me. I showed him and his mom that the height of the cart (the horizontal metal bars) exactly matched up to the height of the dent on the rear bumper, right under the bodyline of the bumper. I mean come on why would the kid admit he did it. He is a little kid and his mom asked him did you do this, if you did I will kill you. What do you think the kid is going to say?

I then ask the laundromat guy if he had any cameras outside because I know he had them inside. Of course he didnt. I then call the police and I was connected with an officer. He said that because I basically didn't see the kid hit my car with my eyes and there were no witnesses or cameras and that the damage is less than my deductible it wasn't even worth it to file a police report. I got the plate number of the mom's car. I called my insurance company and they basically said that if the damage isn't that much it is stupid to file a claim.

So basically I need to carry around a camcorder and film people I see denting my car. I just got a dent fixed too a week ago for 150 bucks and already had 3 or 4 others fixed in 2 years. This is an ongoing battle. I will never be able to mod my car because of things like this. At some point (now I think is the time) I have to lose all my pride and desire for this car and just not car about it anymore and just let it be. Let people hit it, let it be full of dents and just drive it. It is sad. I am still paying the car off for another 3 years on my own and I can't even enjoy it or make it my own because I just have to maintain the dents in it.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know how you feel man its ridiculous what people do and dont even care when they open the door and hit other peoples cars. I have 3 or 4 minor dents on my car on the side from people opening their door. I mean its annoying as hell but we cant really do anything because some people are too irresponsible to man up to their mistakes. Recently i had my rear bumper hit with no note saying who did it but fixed it myself and planning on repainting it soon.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I feel your pain. I was in pizza hut picking up my order and my wife and brother was waiting in the car. Well When I come out my wife told me to check my fender on my side because the car paked beside of us had 4 kids in it and one of them opened the door into my car and the dad watched him do it and my wife and brother seen it happen as well. I ask if they were going to do anything about it and he was like no. It's just a ding. I was ready to kill him at that point.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know some people are a$$holes, i wish i can just put a buble wrap all over my car so it wont get dented hahaha.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea... people are really irresponsible these days. i have dents all over my car now even though i try to prevent these things from happening. i find it odd how no matter how far out in a parking lot i park, when i come out of wherever i am, there's always someone parked next to me. this kid ran his bike into my car once right in front of my eyes, and he just got up and rode off. if i wasn't so far away from my car i would've ran to my car followed him and ran him over or something (in my dreams, rofl). anyways, these are normal every day things we all just have to face. the world's f***ed up these days.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:04 PM
SL Member

The police officer said I could file a report whenever. Do you think it even pays? Nothing is gonna happen from it. It is not like the lady is going to call me and say my son admitted to it here is the money. She is free and clear now. The police aren't going to investigate any damage. They could care 2 ***** less. I wish someone was outside and saw it. Of course with my luck, in a public place, still nobody outside except for them.

This time really irks me though because I was in the car. I come from a family where I was never handed anything. I always worked. I never got big gifts for the holidays or birthdays. I never went on vacation. I am going to be paying my college loans for the next 25 years literally. I got this car myself and I am still paying it. I always have had junk. Which is ok, some people are born with luxuries and some aren't. It just really gets me when this stuff happens. Let me enjoy the 1 material thing I like in my life that makes me happy. Rich kids could have cars bought for them and spend all this money modding and nothing ever happens to their cars. No dents. I am sorry I am just bitter, very bitter. I know this is not always the case and it is a generalization but this is what I have been seeing my whole life. I am not asking for free handouts but geez when will the bad stuff stop happening, I just want to be left alone, away from all the negative. I believe in karma but I am starting to not believe in it anymore. I am a good person, I respect others and their stuff and bad just keeps happening anyways. It just seems like the rich keep getting richer and the poorer are getting poorer. Maybe if I become more of an a$$h0le then stuff will turn around for me. I have tried to still have a positive attitude but that doesn't seem to work either. I watched my mom suffer for 15 years with Multiple Sclerosis and then I lost her. I have a dad with health problems. All my large problems really get to me and I hold it in and try to keep cool, then when something little in relation happens I snap. I really don't like this world we live in. I am sorry, I truly don't. I know this isn't a website forum on psychology but I just need to vent. I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Last edited by sciontcmm; 07-28-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your mistake was you told them you didn't see it happen... It's a harsh world and you have to force the issue or you will get nothing. Worst comes to worst, take an eye for an eye. Of course, make sure they don't see it.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ hahahhahah agreed. not encouraging you or nothing....
Old 07-29-2009, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Man I went through the same crap last month with my Yaris,lady parked her blazer next to mine,was helping her friend move,she used the door on the blazer right next to my car and opened it right into my car,I was on the phone looking out the window,she argued with me that the red paint form her car was not hers and what not.......end the end she refused to give me insurance info......and drove off........

Lucky for us in Washington......we have 1800litter1 to call to report litterers......so I called it and said she tossed a pop out the window on my street and I saw it,it is an undisputable $1000 ticket.......and I can be anomous ........guess she will learn her lesson,my Karma will take a beating for it,but my poor car still has a huge ding,I popped the dent back out but man a new car and people never have any respect for them.....I feel your pain man.....
Old 07-29-2009, 07:29 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt
Your mistake was you told them you didn't see it happen... It's a harsh world and you have to force the issue or you will get nothing. Worst comes to worst, take an eye for an eye. Of course, make sure they don't see it.
They said it wouldn't have mattered. I would have needed a witness if the other party denied it or video evidence. They said that the damage being under the deductible was also a factor. (They being the cops) I am not going to wind up going to civil court from it. It will cost more money and hassle than it's worth. Summary=I lose again. Sick of it all.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know your pain..trust me, this is probably one of the worst feelings. Right when I got my lip kit done..some lady rear end me. To make matters worst, she refused to take responsibility and then tried to take off. So I questioned God, why me? Why would I get rear ended in the SAME day, literally 10 minutes after receiving my ride from the body shop? I felt like poo, like I just lost all hope and motivation for modding my ride. But I started to release that God was trying to humble me, trying to tell me that I should not be so consumed with my car. Its just a material thing that will never be eternal. So yea..I started to see the light in the situation and I prayed to God. Long story short, my prayer was answered and I was able to go to small claims court with her and received a check for my damage.

It helps to pray..hmm...im bad at giving advice but keep your head up and things will get better.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:23 PM
SL Member

I like to do the whole "an eye for an eye" routine. I've come out of a store to find some jacka*s parked 6inches off of my passenger side door when I know there is NO WAY they made it out without hitting my car. I look for a dent or paintscrape and if I find something then I return the favor plus a little extra for them being stupid. I've kicked doors to dent them and keyed their cars. The worst I've done was some jacka*s parked too close to my friends car so I couldn't even get in it until he pulled out of the spot. Since I had been drinking for the previous 4hrs I spit on the windshield and pi*sed on the doorhandle. lmao Some may think this was a little extreme but I bet he got the message.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cadilak78
Since I had been drinking for the previous 4hrs I spit on the windshield and pi*sed on the doorhandle. lmao Some may think this was a little extreme but I bet he got the message.
HAHAHAH thats freakin awesome but im not really into the "eye for an eye" because crap will always come back to you and hopefully that lady will get hers.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:45 AM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had to come out of hiding for this.

Back when i had my truck (Lowered, big rims, bright candy red paint, etc...) I was sitting at a light and some guy got out of his car yelled at me in spanish then kicked my door. I had the whole thing on video on my phone and took a picture of his license plate. He just got out kicked my door then ran the red light. I went to the police station and showed them the video had it burned to dvd with the pictures and they told me 'tough luck, there is nothing that they will do for a small case like this'... I flipped my lid called a lawyer tracked the guy down myself and nothing. So 2500 in repairs later I learned the police don't give two ____s about you or your property so it's not worth it to modify a vehicle you ever plan on driving.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

find their car, liquid paint stripper. Done.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:35 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

lmao these are some fcked up suggestions...but I encourage every one of them :p
Old 07-30-2009, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

small dents suck. Not only that but people with no respect suck. Own up to the fact that your kid damaged someone else's car. People only care about getting away with things and I'm getting tired of this sort of behavior. It's the reason why this great country has failed and why we will never solve any of the problems facing us.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I wish we had that 1800 up here...that would be epic win.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Fail, Inc. approved thread.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joyride
find their car, liquid paint stripper. Done.
Brake fluid and bleach.

Quick Reply: Some kid dented my car while I was in it