Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Some kid dented my car while I was in it

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by guitarguru44
small dents suck. Not only that but people with no respect suck. Own up to the fact that your kid damaged someone else's car. People only care about getting away with things and I'm getting tired of this sort of behavior. It's the reason why this great country has failed and why we will never solve any of the problems facing us.
DING DING DING! WINNARZ!! I like the quick political rant you just sneaked in there lol. Its true too! The modern definition of "responsibility" to people means "its someone else's fault somehow so its THEIR responsibility, never my own!"

Ever since I bought my 2008 FM, I have been VERY cautious of where I park, both at school AND at work. I park in the parking garage at work AWAY from everybody else, and then I park at the very top level of the parking garage at school RIGHT in-front of a camera (that works and isn't just for show). Some how I STILL manage to gather dents like its raining down on my car. It's the unguarded moments where you feel you're going to be safe that you park anywhere you can due to parking space availability or weather conditions. Sigh. The only thing you can do is live with it if you cant fight it. This is why I intend on buying my tC several cameras and wiring them up to a small battery / carputer setup.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:13 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by juzlookzfazt
DING DING DING! WINNARZ!! I like the quick political rant you just sneaked in there lol. Its true too! The modern definition of "responsibility" to people means "its someone else's fault somehow so its THEIR responsibility, never my own!"

Ever since I bought my 2008 FM, I have been VERY cautious of where I park, both at school AND at work. I park in the parking garage at work AWAY from everybody else, and then I park at the very top level of the parking garage at school RIGHT in-front of a camera (that works and isn't just for show). Some how I STILL manage to gather dents like its raining down on my car. It's the unguarded moments where you feel you're going to be safe that you park anywhere you can due to parking space availability or weather conditions. Sigh. The only thing you can do is live with it if you cant fight it. This is why I intend on buying my tC several cameras and wiring them up to a small battery / carputer setup.
I totally hear you both on that. It is totally true, you are completely right.

I am the same way I park way out of the way of everybody and walk the extra distance because I would rather be sweaty than have all the stress that happens when your car is dented by an inconsiderate pr!ck. I never park near old beat up cars because they don't care the most. If I do have to park next to someone I pick the nicest car in the parking lot. I try to part to the left side of the parking spot because it is always my passenger side getting hit because the driver is getting out on the other side. That's just what people are nowadays for the most part. Self centered, inconsiderate pr!cks. And people who I show, say oh well accidents happen. It is not an ACCIDENT. It happened/happens because people don't care and they don't respect others or their property. It is all about them. I don't know about this world, I just guess I was raised right and a lot of people weren't. If you think about how many stupid jerks are out there, how many percent of your graduating class were? Take that percentage and that is the percentage there are out in the world.

Yes my car is only a Scion, but to me it is my Ferrari, my BMW, my Mercedes. I take pride in it. I put in lots of time to it. Not modding it yet, but cleaning it all the time and waxing it and making it look good.

The lady had the ***** to say "oh that little mark, I can't even see it. Just leave it, don't fix it" when I showed her the dent that her SON DID.

About the whole eye for an eye thing, I will not resort to their level. I am not that type of person. With that logic things just will be worse for everyone in the long run. Plus, with my luck, I will be the one that gets caught doing stuff like that and I will have to pay for it, even though I could never get anyone else to face their consequences.

About the camera thing, has anyone done that? How much do you think that will cost? I know it sounds really extreme and people laugh at me when I bring it up as a possibility, especially for a 20k car. But look at Hix's post. He even had video and the cops didn't do anything about it. They don't want to get involved when it comes to property damage and small courts claims.

I feel all of your pain. I really do. I have never had anything nice before this and I am starting to think maybe I never should.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joyride
Fail, Inc. approved thread.
+1
Old 07-30-2009, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You may have enough for small claims court.

Filed a report, woman admits her son was near the vehicle at the time of the dent. Take a picture of the dent and move the cart in front of the dent to show they line up, and get a repair estimate to know how much to ask for.

Hey, you could even get on TV. Most daytime judges are pretty sympathetic to people who have to deal with unruly kids and undisciplining parents. Only half joking on that one.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:53 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by RedneckwithanxB
+1
What is a failed inc thread? Please enlighten me. I really hope this isn't obnoxious because I am not in the mood.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontcmm
What is a failed inc thread? Please enlighten me. I really hope this isn't obnoxious because I am not in the mood.
If you have to ask, you'll never know.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:57 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by captainlaziness
If you have to ask, you'll never know.
Ok good. I don't even care. I just hope it isn't something that people think the thread is stupid because they aren't interested. If that is it, then just move on and mind your business and stop making wise comments. I don't go in other people's threads and instigate and I expect others to do the same. If it isn't then I apologize.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

I can't help but make wise comments. Someone's grouchy today.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:02 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by captainlaziness
I can't help but make wise comments. Someone's grouchy today.
Just please get off of your high horse and grow up. This is a forum where people could discuss problems with their cars with other fellow owners. Then you get a few who think they are better than the others and post things like FAIL and such. I am not arguing anymore. Just please keep this thread to relevant information and not wise comments please. That is all I ask. It is not cool to act like a big shot behind a computer.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I dont recall anyone saying they are better than anyone throughout this thread.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:23 PM
SL Member

Your actions and your other words imply it. That's all I am saying.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But on a serious note..the fail thing was a little uncalled for. Oh well, just keep it positive.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontcmm
Your actions and your other words imply it. That's all I am saying.
nawh
Old 07-30-2009, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

but to bring it back to topic. Its going to be veryveryvery hard to actually win this case the mother will deny everything and say her child did no such thing. But in all forms good luck!