Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

t_urbo_C_harged's Pic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

bAHHHH steve dont listen to DOMO!! keep it slammed and roll the fenders! add a little camber in there too then if you track the car raise it up a little bit

but ya i want pics FIRST when your done with teh BBK

also make sure you have a POWER BLEEDER when installing the BBK you can thank me afterwards lol.

the Pump, Pump, Pump Hold method doesnt work on that (dual bleeders for some reason stops that way from working properly) and a Vacuum Bleeder doesnt seem as successful either.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Common Steve LOL im like the advice Guru..I command you to ignore Dave...haha jk do as you wish
Old 07-25-2009, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

dont listen to domooooooooooooooooooo
Old 07-25-2009, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am not going for function over for, I have about a finger gap all the way around. Its not that slammed, just as low in the front as the HKS will allow. Second, I would rather keep it lower (lower center of gravity) if I can. Third, rolling the fenders wouldn't be that big of a deal, and would be worth it if I could fit these at the height I am at without rubbing.

If I have to raise the vehicle up though, I will.

And dave, what kind of bleeding were you doing. Pump pump pump??? You are suppose to, no matter how long you have the brake system open to air, never pump. Just down and hold, open bleeder, close it, back up, repeat, etc. Pumping can make air bubbles. I do have a pressure bleeder at work I can use, so I will if I need to.

I think I may have received one or both of your rotors dave, i will check in a little bit.

Domo:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...52031&start=60

I can powder coat it black for you :D
Old 07-25-2009, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh and Dave, don't worry, I will send you pictures first to make sure you approve! I have already cleaned them up a little bit, to the brackets to a wire wheel and cleaned up the studs. I still want to post before pics up here, unless you can do that for me dave
Old 07-28-2009, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude t_urbo_C_harged, where the heck have you been? I'm still working on those headlights of mine. They should be done by the September 13th tC cruise here in Cali. How have yours come along?
Old 07-29-2009, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Aurora
Dude t_urbo_C_harged, where the heck have you been? I'm still working on those headlights of mine. They should be done by the September 13th tC cruise here in Cali. How have yours come along?
I have been around ha ha. I still have tons of projects I am working on, just need the rest of the pieces to start installing!

So what are you using for your projectors? I could still send you the other "Frankenstein" if you wanted them.

Mine is going well, just waiting on my shrouds so I can figure out fitment for the projector lens going over the turn signal reflector housing. Then it will be mounting/aiming/baking time! Woot!

UPDATE: Disassembled both calipers, and started prepping for media blasting. Resurfaced both rotors as well. I will post some pictures shortly! Also, I am going to wait an extra week on tires as I need to buy some odds and ends for the BBK to get it in great shape (have to replace a few bolts because they stripped out ) Everything else is going well!

Stephen
Old 07-29-2009, 12:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by t_urbo_C_harged

Domo:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...52031&start=60

I can powder coat it black for you :D
I cant see the link
Old 07-29-2009, 12:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Domo
I cant see the link
It has been doing that to me too, saying that I don't have "access" to view the page. I think it is something that will be fixed and a bug with the new SL. Go to the classifieds, aero and exterior, then you will see the RS2 grill for sale. I believe it is for $180 last time I checked. Seems like a lot but there were only 2600 RS2's so that means only that many of those grills
Old 07-30-2009, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

bump for updates on the BBK
Old 07-30-2009, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here you go Dave

BBK Update: Well I have everything disassembled. I resurfaced both rotors. I polished all of the bolts, pad retainers (rectangle metal ring), and lines. I had to use an easy out on one of the bridge bolts since it stripped out, but I will have another one on the way (only $1.50 for the bolt). I also couldn't get loose any of the torx bolts for the pad guides out so I will either A. Sand/clean them up on the caliper and mask it off when I powder coat or B. Use an easy out on all of them and replace all of the bolts. I think I will do B since I want to get back behind them and powder coat behind them, one of them looks pushed out from corrosion or something. Here are some pictures.

Name:  SSPX1326.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  51.4 KB

Name:  SSPX1317.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  59.4 KB

Name:  SSPX1319.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  50.8 KB

Name:  SSPX1320.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  51.0 KB

Name:  SSPX1321.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  56.8 KB

Name:  SSPX1322.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  50.4 KB
^^As you can see in this picture, the caliper mounting bracket studs are polished
Name:  SSPX1323.jpg
Size:  45.3 KB

Name:  SSPX1324.jpg
Size:  40.3 KB

As you can tell, there is a night and day difference after the rotor is resurfaced.

I have put a lot of hours into this project already, and many more to come! Next up is media blasting, prepping, more prepping, pre-baking, and finally powdercoating! Then new dust boots, piston seals, and other misc. hardware. What do you think? I wish I had more after photos, but I promise some good finished product pictures to show what the outcome looks like.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

wow they look awesome man.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

UPDATE: Disassembled both calipers, and started prepping for media blasting. Resurfaced both rotors as well. I will post some pictures shortly! Also, I am going to wait an extra week on tires as I need to buy some odds and ends for the BBK to get it in great shape (have to replace a few bolts because they stripped out ) Everything else is going well!

Stephen
So you and I both have the same name (spelling appropriate), we've both got the Dan Gardner RPF1s...do you happen to have an SCM? If so, we can never meet in real life. What with the universe imploding and other assorted shenanigans...

Good work on the calipers so far though, looking forward to progress pics.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh nice, cant wait to see the finish project
Old 08-05-2009, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by One-Nut_McGee
So you and I both have the same name (spelling appropriate), we've both got the Dan Gardner RPF1s...do you happen to have an SCM? If so, we can never meet in real life. What with the universe imploding and other assorted shenanigans...

Good work on the calipers so far though, looking forward to progress pics.
Nope, I have a BSP. The universe is safe for now. Did you get the +30 RPF1's or +40?? What size tires are you going to run?

I believe I will be powder coating this weekend if all goes according to plan. Just need to get some stickers to use as templates.

I will show tons of pics coming up of the powder coat process. Pictures after sand blast, then pictures after first coat. Hopefully I will be able to do this to my VC as well if I like the color/look enough. Thanks for the complements and much more to come.

Also, if it wasn't for my return line nipple on the fuel pump of my beater breaking I would have tires right now. Good thing I did all the work myself, the fuel pump cost me $320! I would hate to have seen the labor haha. It's very nice being a technician.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How are those headlights coming along?
Old 08-05-2009, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sick wheels. I'm in the market for some new ones.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

headlights are good, I am now waiting and watching the LED halo thread to see what that company turns out. Their stuff looks pretty good. Other than that, I am waiting on my headlight shrouds which should be in a week or so. Also I am experimenting with some washers to try and get the cutoff perfect, it bows slightly on the side. I have time to waste, so why not try to improve it
Old 08-06-2009, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nope, I have a BSP. The universe is safe for now. Did you get the +30 RPF1's or +40?? What size tires are you going to run?

Also, if it wasn't for my return line nipple on the fuel pump of my beater breaking I would have tires right now. Good thing I did all the work myself, the fuel pump cost me $320! I would hate to have seen the labor haha. It's very nice being a technician.

I got the +40 set, but I was aiming for function over form as my car sees more cones than shows and my original plan was to use these only as track wheels. I run BFGoodrich T/A KDW NT2 245x40x17 front and 225x45x17 rear. Even though I'm on the +40s you can barely tell at all with my camber and how fat the rubber is...the whole wheel well is practically stuffed!

Bummer on the beater man, glad to see you were able to fix it yourself. DIY > paying-some-guy-you-don't-know-to-do-it-for-you. The only way I've been able to afford all my parts is because I do all my own installs....that and I survive on nothing but Ramen and Mac/Cheese.

What color are you aiming for the brakes (and maybe VC) ?
Old 08-06-2009, 12:26 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

It's very nice being a technician
or date one

lol, anyway....glad you have it on track. you still at the caddy dealership?

Quick Reply: t_urbo_C_harged's Pic Thread