Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

taek's update :::: 11/20/05 :::: INTERIOR!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 07:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

umm i mean partial? full? either way good luck with the project. very impressive considering i didn't even have my license when i was 16 lol.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Still though, how the hell could someone who's 16 have all that ____ done to the car. There has to be some reason WHY he got sponsored in the first place.

Plus the only kid who drove a nice car like that when I was in high school, was the major drug dealer.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hayalex6
Still though, how the hell could someone who's 16 have all that poopie done to the car. There has to be some reason WHY he got sponsored in the first place.

Plus the only kid who drove a nice car like that when I was in high school, was the major drug dealer.
I got that good stuff...... I GOT WHAT YOU NEEEEEEDDDD! sorry
Old 08-02-2005, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hayalex6
Still though, how the hell could someone who's 16 have all that poopie done to the car. There has to be some reason WHY he got sponsored in the first place.
whenever a new vehicle (or body style) comes out, shops/manufacturers are willing to sponsor (to varying degrees) these cars so they can be the first to make parts for it.
i think taek was lucky enough to contact shops/manufacturers early on when the TC was the newest/freshest thing on the block. now many manufacturers have tc parts, so they dont need to sponsor a vehicle to showcase or prototype parts.

when the new celica came out in 2000, my friend contacted shops/manufacturers who were looking to make celica parts. he got sponsored by Rod Millen Motorsports (who used his car to prototype seat brackets, exhaust, and intake. he got a free intake and exhaust out of it) and Autopower (their roll bar was prototyped with his car. in return they built him a scca legal custom roll cage for only $500).

with the new civic coming out, shops/manufacturers will be competing to get one early and be the first to make a part for it. only large companies like AEM are fortunate enough to get a loaner car directly from the manufacturer.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

thank you hKS speed. aside from sponsorships, i do work hard too. i work full time and i already graduated out of high school.

and to reply to your quote about how i should have an evo and stuff

my dad had to approve the car i got, since he was paying for insurance, he wouldnt let me get a 30Grand car althugh, we almost took home a rx8 one night (it was my dream car) . evrething was all ready to be signed but dad thought twice. so whatevers, *shrug*

-taek
Old 08-02-2005, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

everything looks great. BUT

you really need to mount your harnesses higher or you can be seriously injured
Old 08-02-2005, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wish i had your parents
Old 08-02-2005, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by irv_usc
you really need to mount your harnesses higher or you can be seriously injured
Agree, it appears as though it is at a 45º angle, but it needs to be at a 90 directly behind you (using a bar to mount it behind the seat)

how you have the belts mounted now could hert you if you were to get in to an accident (and god knows i hope you dont), but in the even of one, how your belts are positioned, it would compress your spine, and could paralyze you.

just lookin out for ya bro
Old 08-03-2005, 12:38 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

my parents didnt give me anything...and hopefully my harnesses will be mounted onto a roll bar

-taek
Old 08-03-2005, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

taek, if i were you i would use the stock belt for now, unless you removed it.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:48 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

i removed it

-taek
Old 08-03-2005, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow, a lot has gone through this thread. he is 16, so he doesn't have the bills everyone else has. he also probably has the time to leave his car that other people might not because is not as busy with being young. it is also new car which has been stated, so people want to get something out there for people to see.

BrEaK_AwaY:
don't worry, i am not jealous. i know what it is like and takes to get real sponsors.

this was my last scion that i sold which had a lot of sponsors i didn't have to pay for
http://ikonxone.fotki.com/car/xb-1/xb5
Old 08-03-2005, 03:14 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

huh...

im actually quite busy, i hardly get time to spend time on my own or with my girl. i work full time and then i have my little own projects. i don't go to school till january so its not what you might think sam

-taek
Old 08-03-2005, 03:14 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

actually i want to just say that, i feel honored when sam actually comments on myy thread.

thanks sam

-taek
Old 08-03-2005, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by taek
huh...

im actually quite busy, i hardly get time to spend time on my own or with my girl. i work full time and then i have my little own projects. i don't go to school till january so its not what you might think sam

-taek
you seem to miss read what i put. what i was saying about time is that since you are out of school and just working and still 16 that you can leave time to companies to work your car as they need.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

you're 16 and you already have that much stuff??? i'm jealous!! i wish i had money to do that crap.. im only 17
Old 08-03-2005, 03:26 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by ikonXone
Originally Posted by taek
huh...

-taek
you seem to miss read what i put. what i was saying about time is that since you are out of school and just working and still 16 that you can leave time to companies to work your car as they need.

oh okay yeah then yeah sam's right like always

-taek
Old 08-03-2005, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

taek, your only 16?
damn, your lucky. im only 17, turning 18 in 3 months, no job, bout to go to college in 2 weeks. you have a lot of mods for a 16 year old. i wish i can at least afford teins on my car. so far i only spent less than 1G on my car and thats about it. lol i wish i had a job first but i dnot want it to interfeer with college.
keep up the good work on your car and keep us updated.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:09 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

just work hard, don't let opportunities slip by you.

i know coming from a 16 year odl giving advice to you sounds lame but honestly though

i saw an internship for the bank when i was still in high school, i immediately grabbed it and worked my ___ off to impress the manager and i did, i graduated early and i applied and i got the job. i now am a banker.

it was an opportunity, to have a bigger income. the only restrcition was the hours, and it wasnt a problem cuz i already graduated out of high school

so next time you see a feasible opportunity, don't sit back and go nah its alright. get off your **** and get on it you don't onkw where it might lead you.

just my 16 years of 0.02 cents

-taek
Old 08-03-2005, 11:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ikonXone
BrEaK_AwaY:
don't worry, i am not jealous. i know what it is like and takes to get real sponsors.
whatever you say man... take it as you will... you dont know the process to obtain the sponsors that i did... so you can say they are not "real" sponsors.... but i see a free set of dunlop tires to be real... as well as other things such as springs...

Quick Reply: taek's update :::: 11/20/05 :::: INTERIOR!!