Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

tC Carbon Fiber Hood. Need to test fit..

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member

thanks squirrel. i appreciate you extending the offer.

edit : i actually spoke with quick last night. he was apologetic, and said he would hand deliver the hood to me next weekend when he passes through sacramento. while i am not pleased with the delay, it is a step in the right direction, as he is trying to rectify the situation at this point. now we will see if i see him. i will let you know how this turns out.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by T Dot
why not trick him, like he has tricked some ppl. i mean use what you know now against him.

im sure a bunch of you know his tactics. so use that to your advantage to either corner him, serve him with papers, or get him arrested.

either way, payback is a _____!
well i agree what quick did to others is definitely wrong, however, stooping to quick's level would put any of us to a level lower if not as low as he already is. what the Moderators and scionlife staffers have done here on ScionLife, with informing others about their experiences and sharing their knowledge about quick and his other alias', is the best way to deal with it. we should let them and quick fight their own battles. all we should really do is just stand on the sideline and cheer for the home team.

and on that note....

has anyone else, other than quick, gotten their $500 or their hood back??
Old 11-21-2004, 04:10 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by inevitablegod
thanks squirrel. i appreciate you extending the offer.

edit : i actually spoke with quick last night. he was apologetic, and said he would hand deliver the hood to me next weekend when he passes through sacramento. while i am not pleased with the delay, it is a step in the right direction, as he is trying to rectify the situation at this point. now we will see if i see him. i will let you know how this turns out.
Damon, he has promised Chris numerous times to refund him his money, and it has not materialized. I would be shocked if Quick actually drove to Sac and delivered your hood. But then again, I have been "wrong" in the past.

I really think you should comsider the bBist hood and hatch for your tC. But that is jjst my opinions that really doesn';t count for squat according to some of the "experts".
Old 11-22-2004, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmmm makes me think.....
Old 11-24-2004, 11:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I do respect all business in our field, but never had I come accross a company that had tried to take one of our products and compare it to their own trying to defame us.

His post was removed on whatever forum it was on, but he went out of his way to call bBist product low quality...

I know Chris and I know he's a stand up guy. For someone to rip off another Scion owner is just wrong. Chris, you should call the BBB to report him.

-Steve
Old 11-25-2004, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"tctunerz" has started posting on this site, so maybe he would like to chime in on this.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

so the website www.tctunerz.com is not a trustworthy site?
Old 12-01-2004, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damon, ever get your hood?
Old 12-01-2004, 12:33 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Kaeon
Damon, ever get your hood?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:?:
Old 12-08-2004, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 01-06-2005, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any luck with the pay back from Duwayne/tC Tunerz?
Old 01-07-2005, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

gee..... this thing is not over yet?

I even got my self TESTED.

here :D

Old 01-08-2005, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member

hey all. i have been super busy, and i havent posted the follow up to the hood issue. i did get the hood. he did deliver it to my office. he even put it on my car. and dropped a ratchet on my fender. which chipped my paint in three places. but thats just the half of it. you wanna know product quality? ****, one of my guys here saw it and thought it was still being finished. here's my review of the tCtunerz carbon fiber hood, as posted on yoursciontc.com.

" so i recently received a carbon fiber hood from quick down at tCtunerz. i know, everyone here is going to say "what the hell were you thinking, havent you heard about his rep?"
well, i have indeed heard his about rep. and, although it may seem difficult to understand given my current nature, i used to have a pretty bad rep for **** at one point as well. but every situation is unique, and i refuse to judge people based on internet gossip. besides, i figured there wouldnt be any harm in checking his product out, so i can have an honest opinion of it, and share it with the wonderful people on this site who for some reason or another think my opinion matters. so, i requested one. it took some time, and some doing, but just as it appeared the rep was true and i was getting the shaft, he drove up here and hand delivered it to me. even installed it in the parking lot of my dealership. then there is my review of the hood itself, not of quick as an individual. cause the product is what matter most to me, and if you are really into your car, that should be what matters to you as well. here is my .02 on this hood.

it didnt line up. the gap on the passenger side was wide enough to run the tip of my finger between, while the driver side was a nice fit. the holes tapped for the bolts where a different size and thread, so you cant use your stock bolts. the head on the bolts is too small for the eyes on the hood brackets, making tight fitment impossible until i could get home and implement washers. not too big a deal. figured with the right hardware in place, we could ever so slightly adjust the hood over to even the gap. after 30 minutes, and having to drill out a hole for the prop rod (i know, not a big deal, but its the little details that really make a product stand out) we gave up. not adjustable. and even if it was, it would spread the nice tight gap on the driver side, and would only result in the centering of a hood that was obviously not going to fit. seems as though shrinkage was not accounted for in the mold dimensions. then there is the finish. there are very obvious blemishes in the carbon fiber, including holes in the epoxy and one really bad spot about the size of a silver dollar on the front lip of the hood. the surface itself is scratched terribly, and was not gel coated or UV protected. our best efforts to buff out the scratches failed, and i dont think it was because we dont know how to buff. the areas that did buff out looked great, however. the top layer of carbon fiber wasnt tight against the skeleton, and the resulting flex of the carbon fiber caused a visible vibration (while driving) of the top of the hood, against the under-skeleton. the edges were not rolled over with the carbon fiber, instead the fiber content stopped at the edges and left a very noticeable unfinished surface all around the lip. more noticeable on the upper edge, around the wiper area. it was, however, light in weight. which brings us to the last item. durability. (i will edit this thread with a link to the pics my brother and i took as soon as i am done being a slacker and get them off my camera.) anyway - at one point in a thread on here quick said something about a video of a suburban running over the hood, showing how tough if was. hmm... good thing he didnt do that with this hood. cause it actually began a small crack in the lip by the windshield from just the flex while driving. putting it to the test, we pulled it off and parked my brother's tacoma on it. it splintered like dry wood under a 12 pound sledge. cracked all around the perimeter, where the lack of support for the hood began.

bottom line : for the money quick is asking for his hoods ($699 retail, i think), there should be a higher level of quality. hell, for 350 bucks there should be a higher level of quality. i actually had a guy the other day who saw it ask me when i thought i would be finished making it. there are better products for less money out there, and one for a fact i know of that (contrary to quick's claim) implements a composite skeleton for strength. difference between the two? the protoytpe i saw the other day was actually strong. i mean, the prototype from this shop looked and felt better than the "finished" product from tCtunerz. "

sorry this is so damn long, but i am as thorough as i can be. now, the good part for me is that i didnt have to shell out any dollars for this hood. and would recommend you dont either. and given this experience, i wouldnt recommend you buy a damn thing from them. but, feel free to find out for yourself. i did. and it just further confirmed what i had already heard.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

another way to test is standing on top and jump, that is it.

like this

then you know how good is the hood made. i got my hood from this factory which is same factory who made the hood on the picture.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump.

chris, did you get your money?
Old 04-23-2005, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Yay more trouble.

Anybody have a tally so far? I'm up to $4804 in lost money to this guy, that's just off of 3 people.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wtf $4804? that is $@#$@%^@#.
Man that is alot $hit

Originally Posted by draven301
Yay more trouble.

Anybody have a tally so far? I'm up to $4804 in lost money to this guy, that's just off of 3 people.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yay more trouble.

he owes chris in this thread $500
Old 04-23-2005, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by ikonXone
Yay more trouble.

he owes chris in this thread $500
Yup, I've got him, myself and Azure Pearl tC.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

I hope that we can fry this a$$. He's seems to be a genuinely amoral toad who cares about nothing but himself. When you are a small business (I use the term loosely) owner, the ONLY thing that you have starting out is your reputation.

And he said something like "truth may not be the majority" or something like that. Unfortunately for Quick, it seems that consistency in his idiocy makes a better case than the majority, no?

Quick Reply: tC Carbon Fiber Hood. Need to test fit..