Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

tc's with HID using stock reflector

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by BigMURR
Originally Posted by DuMa
you people should be banned from the road.
if you are refering to the fact that we have increased glare then maybe all lifted and generally large trucks should be banned too. how about other cars whose headlights aren't real good and focusing silverstar bulbs.

the way I see it if people's are causing tons glare hid or not worse than ours, then why can't I have HID and do it in a much more reasonable way?
so your excuse is 'if you cant beat em, join em' ?

great philosophy on life you got there.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:32 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

i have the 12k and never been flashed or anything
Old 07-24-2007, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

if you are refering to the fact that we have increased glare then maybe all lifted and generally large trucks should be banned too. how about other cars whose headlights aren't real good and focusing silverstar bulbs.

the way I see it if people's are causing tons glare hid or not worse than ours, then why can't I have HID and do it in a much more reasonable way?

well actually if I were to join them I would have to point my headlights up and not even bother with the eyelids I have on them now. So no not really, but atleast I recognize it as a problem and I am finding ways to fix it.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:00 PM
SSQ
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Weird thing is, the solution exist, the D2R bulbs, but just that nobody sells them. It's just.... weird! Think this should be something all aftermarket HID kits should have.

But yeah, those trucks are just plain annoying. I actually tried to adjust my mirrors to reflect the lights back at them, but I don't know how well it works.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i havent been flashed with operatics 6k HID kit. im also lowered on Htechs. actually when i first installed them i had to raise my driver side because it wasnt focused on a line.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

mmmm im not really feelin them but i think ill give them a try ill post some pic if i decide to get them and see for myself how much glare they eliminate....
Old 07-24-2007, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have projectors...but i've seen plenty tcs in south florida with all kinds of HIDs....even the purple ones, and none have blinded me being in front or behind me......

get HIDs but try to stay off the extreme colors to prevent trouble with cops
Old 07-25-2007, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well actually if I were to join them I would have to point my headlights up and not even bother with the eyelids I have on them now. So no not really, but atleast I recognize it as a problem and I am finding ways to fix it.
Regardless from all of this, it's still not considered a safe technology. If people aren't flashing you, that doesn't necessarily mean your lights are okay or anything.

Remember kids, all it takes is just one accident, one mistake. One blinded driver in the opposite lane, but by that point in time, it's too late to change.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

and to add on.. my bro gets flashed and he is using silverstars not even HIDs.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by SSQ
Weird thing is, the solution exist, the D2R bulbs, but just that nobody sells them. It's just.... weird! Think this should be something all aftermarket HID kits should have.
D2R bulbs are a bulb type/size...like 9006 or H3, so they will not just fit in any headlight housing. The reason you don't see D2R or D2S in aftermarket kits is because people who have D2R or D2S headlight housings always already have HIDs, so you will only see replacement bulbs, not whole kits, because they can use their stock ballasts if they want to upgrade. There are no cars that come with D2R or D2S headlight housings that do not already have HIDs in them. Hence why there are no aftermarket kits for D2R.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:55 PM
SSQ
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, there are the rebased D2R bulbs. I am currently using a rebased D2R bulb in mine. In the past, some kits does come with the anti-glare thingy on them, not anymore.

I am not refering to the socket design, but rather, the bulb itself. There ARE kits with rebased D2R bulbs and Toyota/Denso ballasts, I am using one.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member

same, never been flashed.

and what about older model luxury cars like Lexus/Mercedes/acura that had HIDS before the projectors became a big hit? no one complained about those...

i see no difference in the glare from my HIDS (13k i think) than from stock bulbs..
Old 07-25-2007, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Before the popularity of projectors, they used to make housings that were specifically designed for HID applications

We have halogens from the factory, though, so our reflectors are obviously meant for halogen bubls. If you want more light, try an HIR bulb - its just a more advanced halogen bulb.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:08 AM
SSQ
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, HIR bulbs looks pretty convincing. Too bad I can't find the ones that are already based to 9006 already. I remember reading somewhere that they do carry it, but I can't find them.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ADRdesignCo
and to add on.. my bro gets flashed and he is using silverstars not even HIDs.

the difference being that silverstars are legal and HIDs still arn't

i cant say anything since my retro is mega illegal... but just dont get them if u live in CT, MA, NY, NJ. PA. ME etc. so you don't ____ me off... cause when i flash my brights you will go blind.