Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

"TCX" Has a new home...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 02:20 AM
Former Sponsor
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Focus_Sh1ft
No worries bro. Shes sleeping in the heated garage currently - so that should tell you something. I can't even imagine how great it was to watch the car evolve in person... Garm showed me the website he made that detailed it's evolution and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The car is in VERY good hands, promise.
Good to hear, I remember when it only had a K&N cold air intake lol.....it was one of the 1st tC's around here that had a TRD SC, then the SC blew the motor and that's when the real evolution began with the engine build, but I'm sure Garm told you most this already
Old 03-02-2011, 04:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, he didn't actually tell me what sparked the engine build. Lemme tell ya, I'm glad it happened though lol. Had no idea he was running an SC at any point either. So not only is this a cool car, but it has a cool story too?

Stay tuned.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone know anything about the gas cover release? I'd really like to get the OEM latch if possible... Otherwise, I gotta jimmy-rig it.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

btw if you werent comfortable with the boost you can take the spring out of the WG and it will make very little boost. just make sure you re assemble it to avoid damaging the WG.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Just throw in the smallest psi spring for that wastegate and it will be just fine. But what's the point in all of this? Are you babying it like a trailer queen? Worthless to have all that $ into a car that you never utilize the stuff other than to say it's Pretty. No point in having a built motor or boost if you to afraid to get on it.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

i think travis he is worried about his ability to control the beast he has purchased.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

How did you get it home from Cali?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Syldrin
btw if you werent comfortable with the boost you can take the spring out of the WG and it will make very little boost. just make sure you re assemble it to avoid damaging the WG.
This is exactly what I meant by open wastegate. Maybe I just wasn't clear enough? Anyways, this is probably the best way to go about it.

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Just throw in the smallest psi spring for that wastegate and it will be just fine. But what's the point in all of this? Are you babying it like a trailer queen? Worthless to have all that $ into a car that you never utilize the stuff other than to say it's Pretty. No point in having a built motor or boost if you to afraid to get on it.
If you took the time to even glance at my first post, you would have noticed that I need to learn to drive manual first...

Originally Posted by Irishguy0224
How did you get it home from Cali?
I had it transported on an enclosed trailer. It actually went pretty smoothly and only cost a bit over a grand. My only complaint is a rock still somehow flew up and chipped the windshield, but no biggie.

Had one of my buddies take a look at the tC today. He said the clutch is in REALLY bad shape lol. Unfortunately, I may have to throw in the stage IV sooner, which is bad because apparently it will make learning more difficult.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

congrats on the purchase and check out compustars security system with the drone mobile setup

www.compustar.com look at the drone mobile vid. if that dont sell it i dunno what will lol
Old 03-12-2011, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bummer, I like how that looks but I already have the python. I'm just gonna order all the bells and whistles to (hopefully) make the car impervious from theft.

Looks like spring is right around the corner in Jersey. Maybe I'll actually be able to get this beast road ready this week.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Trader
SL Member

pretty dope dude!
Old 03-22-2011, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So over the past week I've been able to get some work done finally. The security system is nearly installed... It's been incredibly difficult due to the shear amount of wiring already in the car. I've had to find alternate tap locations for a couple wires. These two pics really don't do it justice but...

All that's really left is to troubleshoot. Unfortunately, I've come across a bigger problem that takes priority...

There is a HUGE electric leak. I've known about this since I bought the car, but it's turning out to be impossible to ignore. The battery has been dead for about the last 2 weeks, and 2 days ago I jumped the car and let it run for 30 minutes. Today I went to start it and after only about 5 seconds of cranking the starter no longer had enough power to crank.

After trying to start the car I checked the battery. It had 10.8 volts across the terminals so it's probably not a bad battery. I really don't know how to go about searching for this leak though... I was going to disconnect significant electronics one at a time and let the car sit for a day then try starting again. Could I need a larger alternator?

If anyone has any ideas, please chime in
Old 03-22-2011, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just tested how much current is being drawn while the car is off. It's only 67mA (I also jumped the car and let it run for 15 minutes before immediately disconnecting the negative battery). Could it be the battery then? It's currently sitting at 11.4V while off.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
Scikotics
SL Member

Just tested how much current is being drawn while the car is off. It's only 67mA (I also jumped the car and let it run for 15 minutes before immediately disconnecting the negative battery). Could it be the battery then? It's currently sitting at 11.4V while off.
yes it could be alot of times when a battery dies so many times it never recovers. the battery itself is made of cells and all it takes is one bad cell and the rest are only as strong, as the bad cell
Old 03-24-2011, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

God that widebody kit is hideous, at least the interior looks dope! Just hide the wires
Old 05-01-2011, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

OH so you're the one with the yaris that i see at the hackettstown quick check ALL the time lol, congrats on the purchase, old thread bump i know lmao but i see that yaris all the time
Old 05-10-2011, 02:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha cool, small world. I actually work there on Fridays and Saturdays.

Update:
Drove the car a couple times but the tune needs some adjustments to make the car truly road worthy. I'm fully capable of making the adjustments myself but the Motec ECU is password protected and the guy who tuned it is not willing to give me the password. To make matters worse, he's a huge pain in the ___ to get a hold of...
Old 05-11-2011, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

love the rear bumper
Old 05-11-2011, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha cool, small world. I actually work there on Fridays and Saturdays.

Update:
Drove the car a couple times but the tune needs some adjustments to make the car truly road worthy. I'm fully capable of making the adjustments myself but the Motec ECU is password protected and the guy who tuned it is not willing to give me the password. To make matters worse, he's a huge pain in the ___ to get a hold of...
The guy who tuned it which i assume is in Cali wont give you the password to get into your own ECU? Thats pretty f ucked up
Old 05-26-2011, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whatta nightmare. I see a partout in the near future.

Quick Reply: "TCX" Has a new home...