Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

"TCX" Has a new home...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hope not, I'd love to see this car in person haha.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had the car trucked down to my nearest Motec vendor last week. He's been looking at it and from what it seems he's making progress and may have actually solved the problem. I'm just waiting to hear back from him again.

Worst case I could part out but I'm nowhere near ready to do that. Whatever happened was a complete fluke - the guy I bought the car from I've known for awhile now and is definitely trustworthy.

Even when I get the car back I'm gonna have to figure out how to get through inspection with no cats and a couple other issues. I have some ideas but ugh...
Old 06-01-2011, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wonder if the MoTeC can bypass the No Cat issue, and make it look like there is a Cat when emissions are checked.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why dont you do a v band exhaust setup where you could just put and take off your cats?
Old 06-03-2011, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just got confirmation from the tuner - the misfires are fixed! It looks like what happened was a bunch of small electrical issues including loose pins and bad crimps that was dropping the sensor supply voltages just enough to cause problems. I have to confirm this with the tuner, but he was pretty certain this was also the cause for the rich/ incorrect air/fuels. I'll be picking it up next week, but I may have him install my clutch for me first depending on the quote.

So after three months I'll finally be able to enjoy this beast lol.

why dont you do a v band exhaust setup where you could just put and take off your cats?
That's a pretty cool idea - I've never really heard of this being done. I thought I was totally boned regarding cats though because I needed an O2 sensor to regulate post-cats?
Old 06-11-2011, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I saw the tC today! Holy ____ that thing looks like a beast! And at 440whp I bet it drives like one too.

What did you end up doing to bypass that you have no cat?
Old 06-11-2011, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I haven't seen it around anywhere, but I deffinately have my big thumbs down ready for it. lmao
Old 06-11-2011, 05:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by deez
I haven't seen it around anywhere, but I deffinately have my big thumbs down ready for it. lmao
To each their own
Old 06-11-2011, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bought not built.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ Now I remember why I don't post on this site very often.

Just so you know bro, I'm the guy with the red hair always on register if you ever wanna chat.

Anyways, the clutch is in pretty bad shape. I got on the throttle a bit in 5th today and it was pretty awful. There was slipping, burning, loss of power, RPM racing, no boost... lol. So I need to throw in that stage IV ASAP.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Eh, there's always gonna be people to put a car down, as long as you like it, who gives a ____.

The semi long blondish/redish hair? Alright cool, I'm the tall brown curly headed guy who is always getting Mountain Dew lmao
Old 08-20-2011, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Quick update in case anyone is wondering.

The car just recently spent 6 weeks at the trans shop for a simple clutch install lol. Basically I started the job and got to the point where I couldn't remove the drivers axle. Turns out the inner cv spindle somehow got welded to the diff housing (seems like a lack of lubrication). Had to ultimately replace both the axle and differential (after A LOT of back and forth because apparently the Drive Shaft shop changed their design). Then, when all was said and done - the master cylinder turned out to be bad too lol...

Anyhow, I've gotten pretty comfortable with manual and drove the car for like the last 2 weeks. It's probably in the best shape it's ever been in. Unfortunately it does have one rather large issue remaining - engine movement. During shifts and deceleration the engine jerks hard. I'm thinking the motor mounts just need to be upgraded, as it still has the stock ones. Otherwise, just another 200 or so miles and I can really start wailing on this thing
Old 08-20-2011, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why would you take out and get rid of a perfectly good LSD in a high hp fwd car? ( saw in your first post that you wanted to "remove quaife lsd, rebuild and sell it")
Old 08-20-2011, 02:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hoorah for progress, excited for my ride in this beast! lol :thumbsup:
Old 08-20-2011, 03:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Roller_Toaster
Why would you take out and get rid of a perfectly good LSD in a high hp fwd car? ( saw in your first post that you wanted to "remove quaife lsd, rebuild and sell it")
Yeah sorry that wasn't clear. That's the damaged diff that I had to replace. The housing needs to be replaced by Quaife themselves I reckon. I bought a brand new Quaife unit (but day-um was I eyeing up that OS Giken unit....)

Originally Posted by rand0mher0
Hoorah for progress, excited for my ride in this beast! lol :thumbsup:
Soon buddy, soon. :p

Too bad I go away to school in like two weeks... That's really gonna slow me down.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Looks dope dude. Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner. I'm lovin the widebody. The first pic makes the front end look a little weird though. Maybe just the angle.

Sounds like you've put a lot into the tC so far. Good job on that. I will say though, you should hide the wiring in the Yaris. Not trying to hate but it will look 100 times better. Props though dude.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

lol! I wish you could have seen the look on my face when you posted pictures of the yaris and I didn't realize the cars changed. I was like what in the he**
Old 08-21-2011, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks guys. The Yaris actually looks quite different now (much cleaner - removed a bunch of the "ricey" garbage). I'll try to get some updated snaps up this week.

Otherwise, time to begin working on the mounts. Wish me luck lol...
Old 08-21-2011, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Horrendous, all it sounds is like you're just trying to keep this thing running but its falling apart little by little. While you're fixing things fix those gauges and buy a gauge pod they do make them in CF. It looks super tacky with them all scattered around your cluster. Clean this ____ up
Old 08-25-2011, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DaReal
Horrendous, all it sounds is like you're just trying to keep this thing running but its falling apart little by little. While you're fixing things fix those gauges and buy a gauge pod they do make them in CF. It looks super tacky with them all scattered around your cluster. Clean this ____ up
Cool bro.

Lots of progress yesterday. I got the new polyurethane mounts in. The engine feels much more rooted (esp. during low gear and deceleration), however it still seems to have a decent amount of movement. Currently all I can think of doing is playing with the torque damper...

I took the rear diffuser off today while working on better securing it. It turned out there was a bunch of tiny holes in the exhaust right before the muffler. Luckily I've found an awesome mechanic recently and he took the car in same day, filled the holes, and welded me up a dummy cat.

Next up: ABS malfunction and further researching engine dampening...

Quick Reply: "TCX" Has a new home...