Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Twin Carbon Fiber Wide Body Scion tC's

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Well, the next thing I am going to do is speed now. I chose to do my car in phases. Body work first, then power. That's all.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I know that wide fenders are to accomodate wide tires. For better traction. So you can pull over 1.0g of lateral acceleration. Which most imports that have these will not be able to do. Meaning the wider tires are not necessary. And if you want to argue that they're for wider tires for better traction upon acceleration... Yeah. Not many tC's will ever put down enough power to necessitate such tires.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're not going to do speed, somebody else is going to do speed for you.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Well no ____. Most people here on the FI forums either had someone else do it and very few people did it themselves.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Uhm, negative.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did all my upgrades on my M3 including the supercharger

I think there are quite a few that do their own F/I upgrades. For me, it's the fun part of modding my car. I feel more satisfied having done it myself. Not trying to take anything away from you or anything. Just saying that guys like TCPete, who is obviously proud of his car, gets more satisfaction out of their cars because of this.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Daurigon
Well no poop. Most people here on the FI forums either had someone else do it and very few people did it themselves.
i probably less than a year older than you and i still do all my car work myself, i rarely pay someone to do my work, so there is no reason you cannot do it yourself.

if you dont put in the effort to learn, you never will.

and i personally can never take pride in a car that i literally just threw money in, i mean you put in no work, making money is easy, everyone can do that, but to build a car by your own hands, that takes work.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

Who cares how his work gets done. Who cares whether he wrenches on it himself or pays a shop to do it. I was not able to do ALL the work on my car on my own. Obviously I dont have experience with paint, body, pulling engines, etc. What I was able to do, I did - and I'm sure that is what he is doing also.

Some people don't mod their cars to learn more about them or to learn how to work on them. They mod them because they like the look. People mod for all kinds of different reasons. Just because he didn't install every part doesnt mean he cares any less for his ride in comparison to all the people who did wrench on their rides.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Just wanted to chime in on the self-install vs. paid for debate. If you have the expertise, tooling and time, then by all means, please DIY. My personal philosophy is what I can do, I will, and what I don't have the facilities for, I'll send out. So far the only work I've paid for is the paint job, exhaust fabrication and dyno tune. All interior and engine work was done personally, and I find it very rewarding.

On the other side, however, i have had three seperate issues with my engine, and have wasted time and energy troubleshooting to finally resolve the problem. Fortunately, I am able to deal with most issues that would pop up. With a shop install, the liability may be placed back on the install shop, making it their problem and not yours.

If you don't do the work yourself, I still think you may have earned it through working extra hours to save and by not spending on other things non-car related, skipping a night at the pub or a weekend out. For either time or money, sacrifice was involved on the part of the vehicle owner in order to express personal taste on their vehicle.

Personally, the only thing that bothers me is when there is someone else footing the bill for your mods, be it mom, dad, or sucker, I mean boyfriend / girlfriend. It seems to remove the sense of ownership and pride, and at that point, just becomes a method of flashing how much cash you have and not a personal expression of yourself. That, or when someone who never turned a wrench things they are the expert on all things mechanical.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Everyone needs to hush about the friggin show vs. performance deal. Everyone has their own opinion on things, and their own sense of style, woopeedoo, welcome to the 21st century! I have invested more into my car than these twins have in their cars, are you guys all going to start bashing me? Go for it, but thats what I enjoy doing & thats what my hobby is. Maybe you get an adrenaline rush going down the truck, but what gets my blood pumping? The trophy cereomy! If everyone spent their money on performance rather than show then there would be no events like SEMA, and everyone knows that one of the larges auto events of the year, same with many companies who manufacture body kits, lights, miscellaneous exterior parts that add no power. If you have a turbo & a body kit then, you're stupid, right? Cuz you couldve taken the money you spent on the kit & set it aside for an upgrade for the motor. I'm rebuilding my car right now & spending thousands of dollars on it......again & I'm really not touching my motor. Am I going to auto hell? No. IT'S CALLED A HOBBY. I choose show over performance (granted I'm supercharged), am I stupid? Maybe in your mind, but people have opinions and choices for a reason, so everyone should just cool it with this OHH WAHHHH, BOOHOO, YOU DIDN'T SPEND YOUR MONEY ON A FRICKIN MOTOR SWAP WITH A GINORMOUS TURBO argument, cuz it's going nowhere. The twins will do what they wanna do with their money and cars, as will I, and as will all the haters crying to these guys and telling them their stupid. Can't we all just get along? We have scions...something in common with each other, to each their own, now lets just all love each other & shut up!
Old 08-17-2007, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

people who actually love it for what it is care, people who actually really to take the time to learn,build, eat, shiz, breath, cars will... not some shamack down the block being a ricer and just tossing money away to build a trophy collecting peice of junk that will never see the light of its parts to their full potential... the people who are OG and actually built up the import scene care...not the fakers, not the richboys who spend mommy and daddy and sponsors money for something they cant even truely enjoy for ITS REAL PURPOSE...

i dont mod my car for peoples tastes, i dont mod my car for trophies, i dont mod because thats the trend or a bandwagon jumper...i mod because cars are my world...and you can tell who is in it for their own accomplishments and happyness vs. those who are in it for the 5 minute glory of holding a peice of plastic that says " you a winner"... where are the real accomplishment left when the person gets bored and moves on... then they wasted all that money and time for what? a stack of trophies lol..

theres a difference between loving your car and LOVING A CAR... and sad i see everyday people who totally have no taste, no business, and no true dedication who walk that line for others and showing off a hunk of junk and make a car that had potential to be impressive a complete failure..... sorry but having a car that performs and impresses someone for its simplicity and makes someone eat their own dust is > then a car that sits in a lot collecting trophies and dust IMO
Old 08-17-2007, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete

IMO

x2

now we can end this.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol ^^ nevaaaaa i got 2.5 hours more to kill at work lol..
Old 08-17-2007, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

First thing: Who are you to say that your taste should be the taste of every Scion driver out.

I chose what I did for my own self, not for you or for anyone. If trophies are what I want, then that is what I will earn. If you want performance, by all means, have performance.

The one things is, is that NEVER say I do not have dedication, or pride, or anything else for my car because I do. I am huge enthusiast of Toyota and of Scion. Just because you don't feel in the same way doesn't make it the law of the land. We are all tuners and enthusiasts here as what Tina (kiss_kiss_kill) said and you should just let this be.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

people who actually love it for what it is care, people who actually really to take the time to learn,build, eat, shiz, breath, cars will... not some shamack down the block being a ricer and just tossing money away to build a trophy collecting peice of junk that will never see the light of its parts to their full potential... the people who are OG and actually built up the import scene care...not the fakers, not the richboys who spend mommy and daddy and sponsors money for something they cant even truely enjoy for ITS REAL PURPOSE...

i dont mod my car for peoples tastes, i dont mod my car for trophies, i dont mod because thats the trend or a bandwagon jumper...i mod because cars are my world...and you can tell who is in it for their own accomplishments and happyness vs. those who are in it for the 5 minute glory of holding a peice of plastic that says " you a winner"... where are the real accomplishment left when the person gets bored and moves on... then they wasted all that money and time for what? a stack of trophies lol..

theres a difference between loving your car and LOVING A CAR... and sad i see everyday people who totally have no taste, no business, and no true dedication who walk that line for others and showing off a hunk of junk and make a car that had potential to be impressive a complete failure..... sorry but having a car that performs and impresses someone for its simplicity and makes someone eat their own dust is > then a car that sits in a lot collecting trophies and dust IMO
Evidently you're incredibly close-minded. People have different tastes. If everyone had the exact same tastes and opinions then we'd have a really pathetic world. You think you're superior to everyone, but really, you're not. Now be quiet.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by kiss_kiss_kill

Evidently you're incredibly close-minded. People have different tastes. If everyone had the exact same tastes and opinions then we'd have a really pathetic world. You think you're superior to everyone, but really, you're not. Now be quiet.

Everyone has different tastes.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I chose what I did for my own self, not for you or for anyone..
then why jump on ppl automatically when they dont sweat your car.. i still dont get it.. you either want them to give you reasons, give them sly remarks, bash them fo rbeing honest, or cant except their remarks... seems to me like you wana force your own opinion on peoples taste when they dont like the food on the plate...
Old 08-17-2007, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I chose what I did for my own self, not for you or for anyone..
then why jump on ppl automatically when they dont sweat your car.. i still dont get it.. you either want them to give you reasons, give them sly remarks, bash them fo rbeing honest, or cant except their remarks... seems to me like you wana force your own opinion on peoples taste when they dont like the food on the plate...
You're being really hypocritical, cuz you've been trying to force your power over show opinion on everyone here, too.

oh & p.s. you get your 5 mins of gratification when you beat someone on the track (assuming you're not dumb enough to race on the street), just like I get my 5 mins of gratification when I win a trophy...difference is, I have a trophy to show for it!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kiss_kiss_kill

actually im one of the most open minded people you could meet... however.. i do have a problem when people bash others for being honest on their own views and opinions on cars and performance because often not them themselves cannot handle when the world does not bown down to their car when they have dropped tons of cash on their car....dumping money in a car does not equal cool car all the time.... i respect everyones tastes i dont care its not my car.. but dont get in my face when i say i dont like it... like you said "People have different tastes"... pls go back and re read a few pages back and you will see this guys reactions when people say they dont like his car... then come back and post... and i am far from thinking i am better then anyone else..(shows you defenitely dont know who the hell i am) i just have strong views and im very honest...

and feel sorry for you if all you can do to make me feel bad is to wave a peice of plastic saying your super lol.... thats kinda shallow and sad you have to rely on that to prove your better then the next guy... but if thats what makes you happy fine lol.. i could care less lol thats exactly the kind of mentality that takes the scene down... when ppl brag more about their trophies then the actual stories and car themselves.. weaksos!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

everyone's threads are becoming too long and boring to read....make a new thread to argue

I LOVE THE TWIN RIDES, GREAT IDEA! THERES NOTHING THAT WOULD TURN MY HEAD MORE THAN A HEAVILY MODDED CAR FOLLOWED BY ONE JUST LIKE IT....YOU DONT SEE THAT OFTEN

THE LOOK IS A LITTLE EXTREME BUT SOMEHOW IT JUST FITS, DONT ASK ME HOW, BUT IT CLICKS, GREAT WORK

Quick Reply: Twin Carbon Fiber Wide Body Scion tC's