Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Twin Carbon Fiber Wide Body Scion tC's

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Sorry to sidetrack here dor a second, but I have a question for TCpete. I'm an xB guy, so it might not be the place for the tC Aero section.

I purchased an xB for the primary purpose of transporting my wife. She uses a motorized wheelchair and I wanted a compatible vehicle that wasn't a minivan. I only have money for one vehicle and insurance payment at a time. Being A) an xB with a 1.5L automatic (ramp conversion place didn't have manuals to work on) and B) carrying the weight of a steel ramp that is not removable, if you were in my position what percentage of resources would you put into performance vs. show and comfort?

It currently has a supercharger and custom, cat-back exhaust (Flowmaster was the only one that would fit) to work better with the added weight of the ramp and chair. I also installed a carputer so my wife could watch DVD's and I could monitor engine sensors via USB to CAN bus, and some upgraded audio. I say this because as much as I would love a pure race car, I would not want one for a daily driver because it would not meet all of my needs for vehicular transportation. Also, without MAJOR rework and an engine swap, the xB is very difficult to get to perform in the same arena as traditional sports cars.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by vettereddie
Sorry to sidetrack here dor a second, but I have a question for TCpete. I'm an xB guy, so it might not be the place for the tC Aero section.

I purchased an xB for the primary purpose of transporting my wife. She uses a motorized wheelchair and I wanted a compatible vehicle that wasn't a minivan. I only have money for one vehicle and insurance payment at a time. Being A) an xB with a 1.5L automatic (ramp conversion place didn't have manuals to work on) and B) carrying the weight of a steel ramp that is not removable, if you were in my position what percentage of resources would you put into performance vs. show and comfort?

It currently has a supercharger and custom, cat-back exhaust (Flowmaster was the only one that would fit) to work better with the added weight of the ramp and chair. I also installed a carputer so my wife could watch DVD's and I could monitor engine sensors via USB to CAN bus, and some upgraded audio. I say this because as much as I would love a pure race car, I would not want one for a daily driver because it would not meet all of my needs for vehicular transportation. Also, without MAJOR rework and an engine swap, the xB is very difficult to get to perform in the same arena as traditional sports cars.
see thats an area were as since im married also and my wife no matter what, would have to come first then any car... if i was on a budget i like that i think what you have so far is highly great since you have a S/C to begin with but you have the comforts that make HER happy which at the end man in honesty THATS THE MOSY IMPORTANT THING... in a case like that i would focus more on comforts for her and for you VS performance...(even though you have a good chunk of perfomance for the xb so far from what you listed)..... i would focus soley for your needs and worry about show and performance later. and it would also depend on your wifes tolerance to doing stuff on the car.. not every wife can tolerate or support modding cars since it tends to get loud, expensive, and sometimes uncomfortable for them.... if she supports you then great and if she is happy with the stuff you have even better... and if she understands you do all the stuff for her comfort and your happyness also you have a winner ... its a tough call but i say do what you can afford but make it count and most of all be happy with it and make sure she is happy... im a die hard for performance but sacrificing a little for her and your budget is ok... u can have rims for you and your s/c and the CPU for dvds and extra comforts for her that are not performance orientated....

when your married you know its a give a take...lol thats as much as i can say for your situation and i understand it lol... as long as you have a good balance of showy stuff and go stuff its cool..i hope that helps a little but if you have more specific stuff to ask.. shoot me PM dude..thats cool that you did that so big ups to that for you.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not saying I'm going to wave my trophy in your face and act as though I'm superior because I respect people and their ideas and views of cars. But you outright went out and bashed them & told them their cars were "rice" which is a term that would be offensive. All I'm saying is be a little more open-minded, in this thread because really, you're coming off as the complete opposite which is why I called you close-minded. The way you've reacted and bashed these boys and knocked down what they like is disrespectful because it's evident you have completely different tastes than they do. Also, Who are you to say that stories won't come out of shows? Cuz I have a ton of stories regarding shows.

you can tell who is in it for their own accomplishments and happyness vs. those who are in it for the 5 minute glory of holding a peice of plastic that says " you a winner"... where are the real accomplishment left when the person gets bored and moves on... then they wasted all that money and time for what? a stack of trophies lol..
Well, if you have a view like that, turbo your car & see who will want it when youre "bored and moved on", in the end, you lose money that way, too, because people think, well, okay, they turbo their car, obviously they've put a lot of strain on the car so I really dont want it because of the risks! You seem like an incredibly cocky guy, & if you wanna get anywhere in life, you really should stop and start respecting other peoples views, especially in a public forum.

But hey, thats just my 2 cents, we can go at this all day, so be the bigger person & don't respond back with a jerky remark. They're really gettin' old.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol sweety ive gotten actually pretty far in my life being the nice guy i am..but im not going to brag about it cuz thats not me... and if you think i was the only one not diging their style go back and check...im one of the only ones who was honest and actually replied back when asked why.. go figure that huh?? lol what is there to be more open minded about it this ..i dont like it...i said it.. i was honest about it.. THATS IT.. he asked why.. i replied.. end of story.. if he cant take it tough... i dont care... and its alot easier to take a turbo or NA parts off a car and put it back to stock then taking an entire paint job, wide body yayada etc stuff off of any other simple clean bolt on part.. so whats the point in you saying that? lol... i respect everyones views and opinions.. but dont ask me to be honest and not be ready to get flamed.. its a forum... get over it lol... its not being cocky.. its being real and being honest.. something that alot of kids on this site arent use to or cant handle... ...this place never seeses to amaze me..
Old 08-17-2007, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've seen tc pete's car in person and its a very clean look and a very powerful build (although i havent seen it in action i've heard stories)....but i really think we shud drop this subject, its getting old....

i personally like it, he thinks its rice.....case closed....now everyone smiles and says wow we are silly for spending 2 pages fighting
Old 08-17-2007, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My whole point is that TCpete went on the rampage of saying the boys basically wasted their money on exterior parts rather than performance.

Also, TCpete, you may have voiced your opinion but you didn't it in an @$$hole kind of way, disrespectfully.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not feeling the look. To me they do not look like TCs at all and now the lines do not flow, which was what attracted me to the car. Good work though. I can respect good work, even if it is not what I prefer.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I love the way those cars look, they look awesome. I'd rock them and there arent really that many cars on this site I would say that about because most are ugly, rice boxes, or just dumb looking but these 2 have actual class to them and look nice, whats going fast going to get you but in trouble?
Old 08-18-2007, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks a lot for all of your comments. Much appreciated!
Old 08-18-2007, 05:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No matter if you're show or go, I'll say it again, "if YOU didn't build it yourself, it's not really yours." Those are the words of the great Tim "the Toolman" Taylor.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is positive honesty and there is negative honesty.

Positive honesty is like when you say you don't like a certain car or like certain parts on the cars, but you say wow! thats a nice car, awseome job! a lot of hard work and money went into it, but it's not mystyle See? clearly stated but not overstated.

Negative honesty is like when you say you don't like a certain car or certain parts on the cars, but you say, wow! thats a rice car, terrible job. That car looks like crap, what a waist of money. clearly stated but also overstated.

Ok so you don't like the boys' cars, so why do you have to stick the knife in and twist it?

Now I have followed this thread from the first time Daurigon posted. I didn't respond to him because I thought my words wouldn't do the cars justice. I saw the boxes upon boxes of parts, I saw test fitting and preperation, I saw wheels which made me drool. And to top it off it was two sets of everything!

Then I read the story behind the parts and and the brothers.
Full time students, working three jobs working to become doctors. First thought, wow finaly some good guys that have their head on straight making a difference for themselves.

"wasted money" What I don't understand is how can saving, buying something and putting some hard work into something to make it something you want, love, and desired to have in the first damn place a waste?

Now I have stated my .02 cents plus tax ;) you can continue to hate on the boys or even hate on me, but what wont change is those smiles everytime they see their cars, and know they accompished what they set out to do, and sharing that felling with someone else thats loves it just as much.

scion_jon
Old 08-18-2007, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by prpnum1
No matter if you're show or go, I'll say it again, "if YOU didn't build it yourself, it's not really yours." Those are the words of the great Tim "the Toolman" Taylor.

Man, you are really dumb. Like I SAID, it goes the same for everything then. If people get wheels and tires, they better mount and balance them or its not really yours. People better fabricate the pipes for turbo or its not really yours. People better build their head units or its not really theirs. I have told you once and I will tell you again, this is by far the stupidest comment I have ever heard.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

TCpete, you said that you were just being honest, and I can accept that, BUT, you said my car was rice. I have some very high quality parts on my car and you flat out said that it was rice. Of course I am going to answer back and be a little confused and frustrated. HOW, in what way, did I make it rice. This is rice.

Our cars are not.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You not only didnt build your body kit (who does? nobody), but u didnt even at least install it :/ how do you call yourself a car enthusiast but u dont even do ANY of the work on your own car??? I just dont see how you can really truly have pride in something that your own hands didnt work on. Much props to the people that really built those cars, the installers. /applaud But sorry sir, you may as well have went and bout the car already like that and still try to call the "hard work" your own. I will say good job on making the money for it though. I'm not hating on your car, it looks nice. My last car was a show car, but I did all the work myself and can actually call the work my own.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thank you for the compliment, but you still just don't understand.

A) I helped on the installation of the body kit, not painting, but installing on the fenders and rear quarter panels and sanding down the front and rear bumper
B) Most people on here don't really know/want to deal with the hassle of all the body work, there are some, but there aren't a lot.

Ask most of the people on here with body kits, did they work on it themselves? Did they paint it, did they prep it? I at least tried to do some parts on that car that I could, plus it saves me money.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

prpnum1 your an idiot... who the hell installs their own body kits and paint for the most part anyways? I know I am good at selling insurance, thats my job. I AM AN INSURANCE AGENT. when I want a body kit (not that I personally would put one on my ride anyways) I WOULD TAKE IT TO A BODY SHOP. wtf do you do for a living? I didnt machine my supercharger and other boost mods, but it sure as hell is on there, and would rip your car to shreds. I am a car enthusiast, and dont make or install ANY car parts on my on ride. why? cuz I make GOOD money, and it isnt worth my time when I know someone who is more qualified in that field and who has done many more installs/custom jobs than I have, and I want it done right the first time.

prpmum1 you prolly dont have **** on your car to even start running your mouth. these 2 guys have put a lot of effort (reguardless if they wrenched one bit on their own car) to get these 2 cars to look like this.
what was your old "show" car?
Old 08-19-2007, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ ha ha well said.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess I'm just a purist. :/
Old 08-19-2007, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here's my point. why dump 20k (as you said) into each car to go to a show and you wont win sh*t. you have the exact same car. yeah i guess its cool but its not different. thats my whole thing i try and do stuff thats different that nobody else has which is why i build cars. but if you like it fantastic its not my money.

Quick Reply: Twin Carbon Fiber Wide Body Scion tC's