Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Twin Carbon Fiber Wide Body Scion tC's

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tell kenny to build your motor. Buy a GT35R ball bearing turbo along with a full race turbo manifold, Tial wastegate, a good fuel system, all the little necessary parts like BOV, hardware, intercooler, blah blah and get Kenny to custom fab all your piping to 3". Don't forget about a good engine management. Tune it at T1 down here and you should be close to, if not over 500 whp. lol.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

Everyone's all jumping down their backs about what they have chosen to do with their time and money. I think its great to have two enthusiastic Scion owners willing to drop some serious dough on their rides.

Regardless of personal opinions on whether you love or hate the look, its undeniable that these two have dedicated a lot of time and attention to their car.

Yes, it does have the same body kit and wheels as mine, but the car itself looks very different and that's what makes it unique. The whole point of companies sponsoring cars (such as mine) with product is so other tuners want to buy it. So the more business I send to my sponsors, the better. AIT Racing and Racing Hart are awesome companies with awesome product.

Good job, guys - I give them two thumbs up!
Old 08-16-2007, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks a lot Cynce. Much appreciated.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Sorry to start something, and I know it most likely will, but isn't the point of putting a body kit and rims and nonsense to express uniqueness and individuality? Okay. They both look the same. Yeah, not feeling it. Unless it was as fast as it looks. Which I don't think it could ever. No. Should have dropped that $20k in to high grade dividend paying stocks.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by quiksilver24r
Sorry to start something, and I know it most likely will, but isn't the point of putting a body kit and rims and nonsense to express uniqueness and individuality? Okay. They both look the same. Yeah, not feeling it. Unless it was as fast as it looks. Which I don't think it could ever. No. Should have dropped that $20k in to high grade dividend paying stocks.

That doesn't make any sense. You don't think it could ever go fast....thats why people supercharge/turbo/all motor cars so that they are quick. You think I never could....It's not hard to buy a turbo kit and slap it on and make power.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I know that you would have to upgrade brakes and brake lines, exhaust, new clutch and clutch lines, etc. but its not hard at all to make power.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Dude, you'd need to do a LOT to make the kind of power to match the cars appearence. I'm not talking turbo kit power. It looks like a road racing car with the fenders. And on race cars, they don't add all of that gaudy body work to look cool. They do it for function and better performance. The look isn't my cup of tea, so you'd never convince me. Still, you could argue you've done it to be individualize and stand out... No. No you couldn't. Because you park it next to the SAME one at night. Why? Should've done them differently in my opinion.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Well, I did them the way I wanted to do them. Plus, I did not build it for it to be race cars. The wide fenders are the whole point of "wide"body. With this logic, should all cars with widebody be racecars? Just a question...
Old 08-16-2007, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Yeah. I don't see the purpose of having wide fenders if it doesn't perform a function to improve the cars performance. That's exactly what I'm saying. As far as you doing them the way you wanted to, that's good. You shouldn't do them the way anyone else thinks you should becuase it's your car and your money. I'm simply voicing my opinion. I'd also like to know the logic behind making your car look like a race car when it isn't. But I may have to settle knowing I never will.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

IMO, widebody is usually synonymous with show which is what I did.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Again, not my cup o' tea. Probably why I drive a Jetta. I will say good luck on the turbo. That my friend IS my idea of a good time. The sound of the spool is orgasmic.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by quiksilver24r
Yeah. I don't see the purpose of having wide fenders if it doesn't perform a function to improve the cars performance.
Wider Fenders are there for the purpose of accomidating a wider tire. thus increasing the stbility of the car in question.

here are some examples

without the addition of these "wide fenders" the wider tires that are ran on these cars could be torn to shreds.

Comp.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nowadays, widebodies are used to fit huge staggered wheels with skinny tires on FWD vehicles
Old 08-17-2007, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

looking good
Old 08-17-2007, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by tC9o9
nowadays, widebodies are used to fit huge staggered wheels with skinny tires on FWD vehicles
oh please, honestly, that's their prerogative,
here are a few more for you,

Old 08-17-2007, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Yanki01
wheels, i believe Cynce has them

Not hating on you, just saying its not my style.
What does that have to do with her? I don't think those wheels where just made for her u_u
Old 08-17-2007, 06:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

^^ That they definitely weren't. Which is why I support other people buying them and putting them on their rides. Companies sponsor cars so other tuners will buy the products. If seeing them on my car inspires other people to put them on theirs, then the sponsorship was obviously a success.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so what was the point again of wasting all that money on a show car...oh thats right.. to collect stupid trophies that are worthless and spank the monkey on a car that is just a parking lot stunna that goes no were and you cant really enjoy driving it... ??? lol...with all that money i'd rather invest in a fast car with nicer parts or a house or something you can actually get your money back on IMO.... BTW i hope those fenter flares and axles can take the shaking of a 500 hp car ln staggered oversized rims ...
Old 08-17-2007, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sorry twins...but I'm not feeling the cf kit....I agree with tCpete..about droping cash on speed than show..

Quick Reply: Twin Carbon Fiber Wide Body Scion tC's