Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

VRD TBL pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 05:31 AM
SL Member

VRD just recently added a smoked tbl. I am ordering that for my BSP soon and I will post pics after install.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oznium also has them, are of much better quality, thats where i ordered mine..and also better warrantee.

http://www.oznium.com/tc-tbl
Old 07-17-2007, 08:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

pretty koo
Old 07-17-2007, 08:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Originally Posted by tcvenom
oznium also has them, are of much better quality
Umm... no offense, I don't think Oznium has even shipped one production TBL, so how could you make that comment?
Old 07-17-2007, 09:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just basing it on their reputation, and als taking into concideration that 4 friends of mine purchased the VRD TBL, and ech one came with some different kind of defect
Old 07-17-2007, 09:34 AM
Aik
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just basing it on their reputation, and als taking into concideration that 4 friends of mine purchased the VRD TBL, and ech one came with some different kind of defect
the oz one will probably work fine, looks like a good company over there. VRD is just another option that seems to work well for me. i've only had it a few weeks but no problems so far. what kind of defects did your friends experience?
Old 07-17-2007, 11:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not working at all, stopped working totally, constant led flickering, the ocasional works when it wants to, these, ans a complete burnout, and circuit short of the lamp..these are problems my friends faced with the VRD tbl..and remember there was no error in their side as to installation, because its a plug and play tbl it comes already put together all you have to do is plug it in and bolt it back on..the last time i checked 2 of my friends never got any response from VRD regarding the problem, and have purchased the oznium tbl. 1 was able to reach VRD, but they said she must have altered it some how for this to happen, then stopped answering her messages totally, she also just purchased ozniums tbl from ebay, and was assured this would definetely not happen with theirs..the customer comes first...and my last friend gave up completely trying to contact vrd and just put his stock tbl back in......oznium tbl 100% for sure
Old 07-17-2007, 03:58 PM
SL Member
Scion Evolution

oznium tbl 100% for sure
Again, being as there have not been any production tbl's sent out by oznium, you can't say that it will be 100% for sure. There could easily be similar problems with ozniums tbl.

I too have heard good things about oznium's quality and customer service so if there is an issue with someone's tbl I think it will be handled very well, but there could still be problems.

When you get down to it, any aftermarket product (hell, even some OEM products) can have a defect or too. Doesn't mean the company who sold it/produced it should be written off. Some people have success with company A, some with company B, but both are good companies that produce a quality product.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mdMiketC
oznium tbl 100% for sure
Again, being as there have not been any production tbl's sent out by oznium, you can't say that it will be 100% for sure. There could easily be similar problems with ozniums tbl.

I too have heard good things about oznium's quality and customer service so if there is an issue with someone's tbl I think it will be handled very well, but there could still be problems.

When you get down to it, any aftermarket product (hell, even some OEM products) can have a defect or too. Doesn't mean the company who sold it/produced it should be written off. Some people have success with company A, some with company B, but both are good companies that produce a quality product.
I agree!...I got another set of Stock Headlights they were by the company TYC and the right headlight housing is kinda messed up!..the light output kinda shoots into the trees a lil bit...
I tried to adjust it too...oh well!
Old 07-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Aik
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not working at all, stopped working totally, constant led flickering, the ocasional works when it wants to, these, ans a complete burnout, and circuit short of the lamp..these are problems my friends faced with the VRD tbl..and remember there was no error in their side as to installation, because its a plug and play tbl it comes already put together all you have to do is plug it in and bolt it back on..the last time i checked 2 of my friends never got any response from VRD regarding the problem, and have purchased the oznium tbl. 1 was able to reach VRD, but they said she must have altered it some how for this to happen, then stopped answering her messages totally, she also just purchased ozniums tbl from ebay, and was assured this would definetely not happen with theirs..the customer comes first...and my last friend gave up completely trying to contact vrd and just put his stock tbl back in......oznium tbl 100% for sure
really, that's weird. when i called VRD before i bought the light, the guy i talked to was helpful. i forgot his name though. if i have any problems with it in the future ill post on here. looks good for now, /shrug.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Aik....in your picture of the tbl is the exterior surrounding chrome
Old 07-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Aik
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you mean the trim piece above the light (clear part) itself?
Old 07-17-2007, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah the trim piece above the clear lens
Old 07-18-2007, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

DIY FTW
Old 07-18-2007, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by rvpps2rocks
DIY FTW

Quality u can SEE and TRUST! :D
Old 07-18-2007, 10:31 PM
VRD
5 Year Member
SL Member

We are unware of these problems because we have not gotten any contact in regards to the problems you mentioned. If your friends are really having these issues with the VRD third braked light please have them contact us by phone(909.923.8878 Monday - Friday 9:30AM - 5:30PM PST) or email us at RMA@VertexRacing.com. It is covered by our Warrantee. We appreciate you letting us know about these issues.

Also Check out our NEW Smoked Third Brake Light IN STOCK NOW!!!

https://www.vertexracing.com/product...abf5c62ce798b7
(Smoked Brake Light Available at our E-Bay Stores Also)
Old 07-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Aik
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah the trim piece above the clear lens
not chrome. looks just like oem.

this light is essentially an exact replica of the oem. exact. trim piece, etc. there is no weatherstripping showing through or any of that.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I like the smoked TBL!!! Pure black!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Aik
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by VRD

Also Check out our NEW Smoked Third Brake Light IN STOCK NOW!!!

https://www.vertexracing.com/product...abf5c62ce798b7
(Smoked Brake Light Available at our E-Bay Stores Also)

oh wow that looks really nice. buyer's remorse on the clear now, haha!
Old 07-18-2007, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member

VRD's Smoked third brake light installed on my BSP tell me what you guys think

Quick Reply: VRD TBL pics