Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

The wait is over.......FG badgeless garnishes now available

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ill take a unpainted one....
Old 02-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Banned
SL Member

I don't sell the CF ones, I can refer to a company that does. Painted ones are more expensive due to water based paint which costs more than solvent paint.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so who can make these in cf?? pls dont say ikona:D
Old 02-01-2009, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very Interested
Old 02-01-2009, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nebster can
Old 02-02-2009, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ill take an unpainted one too PM'd
Old 02-03-2009, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member

Really? I'm kind of disappointed that you (FLEA) are selling the unpainted ones above the cost of the publicly available source... Isn't the point of these forums to help out your peoples?

The place he's getting them is American Carbon Fiber, contact is americancarbonfiber@gmail.com He even said the unpainted FG ones are 85 in my post. This is the place to get the CF ones, but check out my post for pics of it, as there are some issues.

It also looks like they take the FG ones and put a layer of CF... I guess that's ok, probably why its cheaper than most.

This post may make me sound like a d**k, but I'm just trying to keep people informed.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

thanks for the heads-up!
Old 02-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Banned
SL Member

Selling above cost yes, $20 for shipping. If you want one I'm not paying out of pocket for that.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Banned
SL Member

I love how I try to help people out but at the same time they turn around and throw it back in your face. People are really unappreciative of those that try to help others out, which is why I don't do anymore DIY's. Everyday I become less and less interested in visiting this site.

I could care less if I sell these at all. You got 3 options. Buy from iKONA, buy from Americancarbonfiber....which I recommend, or buy from me....but don't expect me to pay for your shipping with my money, that's why I say $20 additional (shipping, tracking#, and packing box/supplies).
Old 02-03-2009, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

There is always a complaint! I'm sorry flea. Once I get money I'll be buying from you!
Old 02-04-2009, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

me too FLEA hit mi up with an unpainted one please
Old 02-04-2009, 03:16 AM
Banned
SL Member

Sorry guys, I won't be selling these. Tired of all the BS complaints I get. I'll still paint things and do bodywork and things of that nature. Personally I don't want to hear anyone make comments like "why are you reselling these" or "why reselling above cost". Everyone does this...look at grocery stores, cell phone retailers, etc.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by stewart4t2
Really? I'm kind of disappointed that you (FLEA) are selling the unpainted ones above the cost of the publicly available source... Isn't the point of these forums to help out your peoples?

The place he's getting them is American Carbon Fiber, contact is americancarbonfiber@gmail.com He even said the unpainted FG ones are 85 in my post. This is the place to get the CF ones, but check out my post for pics of it, as there are some issues.

It also looks like they take the FG ones and put a layer of CF... I guess that's ok, probably why its cheaper than most.

This post may make me sound like a d**k, but I'm just trying to keep people informed.
you are a dick. thanks for ruining a great persons reputation. I WOULD MUCH RATHER BUY FROM FLEA AND PAY FOR 20 BUCKS than buy from some guy that i've never talked to and has no rep on the forum

i'm sorry flea, i hate for you to get f'd over by people when you're just trying to make another avenue open for people.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:41 AM
5 Year Member

dude, its the same person. FLEA is buying them from this guy then re-selling them. I thought that was clear? Or am I completely off?

Once again, I refer to what he said in post #2 and #4 of my recent thread.

I never had a problem with him buying, prep/painting, then selling. Perfectly fine for those of us that can't do it.

On the other hand, if people are looking to paint their own/want CF, no reason he should be marking these up. That is all.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why not?

what do you do when you buy a scion? don't you pay a dealer fee?

if you buy it from flea you'd be paying a dealer fee. he's not doing anything wrong so stop being a dick
Old 02-04-2009, 03:59 AM
5 Year Member

haha. wow. My bad, everyone, for trying to help people save money. I guess I should just let people search for their own stuff. Or, in this case, not. Sorry everyone.

Why am I reminded of the "leave britney alone" video...
Old 02-04-2009, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Considering he is paint matching them I think the price is fair since the ones direct from the MFG aren't painted.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I don't get it. Stewart never said flea is doing anything "wrong", he's not. But I'm glad this was brought up, you can buy the fiberglass piece directly through the seller for 85$ shipped. Flea quoted 110$ shipped for the exact piece shipped and unpainted. That's a 25$ difference. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I completely agree flea does good work, he does, and for him to buy a stock of these and sell them painted is a great idea. But there are people out there that have the ability to paint themselves, especially such a small piece.

Now flea said in his original post that he paid to have this company produce these, if that's the truth then this is a mute issue because flea had to pay out of pocket to get the ball rolling on these. But it seems to me that the company already had these produced and were selling them....
Old 02-04-2009, 06:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so it's pretty much this... if you like it and want to buy it from flea, then go right ahead.. if not, then don't.. don't be posting isht such as, he's overcharging or what not.. apparently, he's got many people who could vouch for what he sells or does, so why not buy from him... Maybe he could hook you up on a paint job or something... i would definitely buy this from him.. once, i get money.. :D

Quick Reply: The wait is over.......FG badgeless garnishes now available