Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

WOW Well That Was Scary

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default WOW Well That Was Scary

so yesterday i got new wheels installed on my car and everything was going fine up until about 3 hours later when i had to drive to work. It was dark out and i was avoiding pot holes and stuff when all of a sudden i hear this insanely loud crashing noise like i just hit something. So im scared at this point thinking that i bent or broke a rim the first day i got them on so i pull over and look at the car and theres nothing noticeably wrong with the car at all. It still drives fine except when i pulled into the driveway at work i heard this LOUD scraping noise and now when i pull into drivewasy and stuff this noise is still happening so i thought i blew a strut originally cause it soudned like it was coming from the wheel well. So i go outside a little whiel ago and notice the plastic under the side skirt is hanging really low and theres a giant metal rod sticking out from under it so im like oh ____ whats that so i take it to this place by my house and the guy comes out and pulls about an 8 inch long piece of metal that i must have ran over last night. He was really nice about it and refused to even take a tip for helping me and he said the bottom of the car was fine which im really happy about. Ofcourse the second i tell my parents theres something worng with the car they directly relate it to the new rims i got and say the place that put them on must have screwed with my car(i know the place my freind has gotten engine work done there and his car was fine i know it wasnt them)
Old 12-17-2009, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

that sucks man; i thought u had ran into the issue i had where a rock got inbetween my rotor and the heat shield at first
Old 12-17-2009, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
Scikotics
SL Member
Premium Member

I did something like that driving through Texas. I ran over someones AC line and it got lodged up under my left wheel.. What really scared me was that I thought it might be off of my car. Kinda looked like it too. But no such thing. Its amazing the crap that falls off of cars and no one notices!
Old 12-17-2009, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I seen a spoon in a tire before. LOLZ
Old 12-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Haha... I know right?! I could open up a shop with all the parts I find on the side of the street or more times then not, simply lying in the center of the road! It bugs the crap out of me when people drive around with their exhaust hanging and scraping at the ground. If that piece of crap was to fall off and hit my car aww no!!! Same goes for big rigs and their tire shreds... Man if you have a blow out pull over and pick that crap up, before my front bumper does! Idk I am just glad to hear it wasn't any thing serious for you.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn lucky dude. Glad nothing happened to your car.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought they had forgotten to tighten the lug nuts...