Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

1/4 mile times ZPI S-pipe + ZPI Exhaust(dipped into 14's)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Default 1/4 mile times ZPI S-pipe + ZPI Exhaust(dipped into 14's)

We just got back from the ZPI ScionShoot, and let me tell you, we had a BLAST! This was the first time me or my g/f(ISmokeGuys) has EVER been down a 1/4 track. I was teaching her how to do a burnout, and she did her first burnout today. LET ME TELL YOU, she made it look like she dragged for a LIVING! It was her day that day. She even out dragged me(the person who taught her how to drive a manual). I am about the happiest man on ScionLife right now, because she won us the N/A tC drag class. We were not the fastest, because the boys from Jersey were running 14.9 constatly, so props to them. But during elimination, it was my g/f that shined when it was all said and done. What did we win....well, lets see

1) Free 16G trubo sponsored by Turbonetics.Com
2) Free Ingalls Stiffy
3) Free Ingalls Camber Kit
4) $300 dollar ZPI in store Credit
5) 15% discount on the Qualfie LSD when it becomes available

For my best time, and for my girls

My Best:

R/T: .321
60: 2.166
330: 6.464
1/8: 9.911
MPH: N/A
1000: 12.878
1/4: 15.393
MPH: 89.64

Her Best:

R/T: .875
60': 1.578
330: 5.764
1/8: 9.236
MPH: N/A
1000: 12.260
1/4: 14.822 Now you know why I choose this S/N for her
MPH: 88.06

She launches better on street tires, cause she is use to it. So, she ran a constant 15.2 on street tires. I can't launch on those stock Potenza's to save my life, so I ran constant 15.6 on street tires. We switched over to the Radials, because the N/A competition was STIFF! The Jersey boys were running radials all day, so I knew in order for us to even have a chance, we need to switch to the radials. She is not use to the radials, so she had to do a few passes, and her first EVER burnout to warm them up. She made one pass at like 15.4 on the radials, then 15.3. I made passes on the radials, and averaged at 15.3. We both averaged 15.3 on the radials, but she made one pass at 14.822. Constant trap speeds for me were like 88mph. She trapped constantly at 90mph.

PS...The track was cold as hell, and not to mention wet because there was a tornado that came through All of Middle TN, and Southern KY. After the Tornados, the rain came on the day of the Drag's for the ShootOut. So, we waited around for a couple of hours in 48 Degree weather, with it still drizzling outside, waiting for the officials to say is was dry enough for us to run on. Even then the track was dog cold, and damp, so NO TRACTION! I have vids, and time slips that I will be working on the next couple of days. Stay Tuned.

By the way, sorry for the long post, and we are departing from the N/A crowd in 2 weeks, as we just Scored a free turbocharger...
Old 04-10-2006, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Tell your girl I'm coming after here at the next shootout! So DONT put that turbo on just yet haha
Old 04-10-2006, 05:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

let me be the first to congratulate you.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
Tell your girl I'm coming after here at the next shootout! So DONT put that turbo on just yet haha

Better eat your Wheaties!
Old 04-10-2006, 01:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1.5 60' time.. I guess that's what drag radials will do for you.

What RPM did you launch at to obtain that type of 60' time?
Old 04-10-2006, 01:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you sure that when she staged the back wheel weren't where the front wheels were suppose to be? One of my friends did his in his car and it dropped the 60' time like crazy.

I'm sorry but without LSD and with 2 mods, I don't think a 1.5 60' is even possible. slicks or not.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Good job man.. and tell your lady congrats
Old 04-10-2006, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
Are you sure that when she staged the back wheel weren't where the front wheels were suppose to be? One of my friends did his in his car and it dropped the 60' time like crazy.

I'm sorry but without LSD and with 2 mods, I don't think a 1.5 60' is even possible. slicks or not.
Got vids bro. She is very good at not loosing traction out of the hole. Unlike 99% of us guys, we take it real serious, and we are all into it, and think If I launch at like 4k RPM's on radials, I will get the best time. Which is not true. She just drives, and that's it. It's no big deal to her if she looses(but then again, she has won about 95% of the races she has ever raced). When I post the vid up, you are going to be like

WHOA...That was her first burnout!

Damn, did she just do a 15.1 on street tires

Dang, she just went a 14.8.

Oh, forgot to mention, we have C/F Hood, C/F fenders, C/F front lip....Removed the back seats and everything out of the trunk, so it was jus the bottom part of the back seats(because we had one other passenger with us on the way down), and just the floor covering in the back. Plus she only weighs like 120lbs to boot.

Now are you getting the picture?

Keep in mind though, we were still not the fastest N/A tC out there. The guys from Jersey were running constant 14.9. We constantly ran a 15.2. But on elimination round, they missed a gear, and we took home first. On the dyno, they were putting out 20 more whp than we were.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
There's no need for that man.

I believe the times and I wasn't aware that you had over $800 worth of weight reduction until now but still, the 1.5 60' time is very hard to believe..

AWD 400+WHP cars that weigh less rarely pull 1.5 60' times.

In the video that you have, is there someone else in the other lane or is she going down the track solo?

If it's a solo run, I would almost bet money that her back tires are lined up where her front tires are suppose to be.

Let's see some other 60' times on slicks so we are compare the 1 great run to all of the other ones. I bet the other runs won't even come close to a 1.5 60'.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well my b/f tried to warn me that people wouldn't believe the story, but I told him I didn't care. We have all kinds of videos, we weren't the only ones who were taping. I wasn't running solo either, I had competition next to me. I was pretty shocked a how good I did and everyone praised me guess that can't be said for everyone else.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ISmokeGuys
Well my b/f tried to warn me that people wouldn't believe the story, but I told him I didn't care. We have all kinds of videos, we weren't the only ones who were taping. I wasn't running solo either, I had competition next to me. I was pretty shocked a how good I did and everyone praised me guess that can't be said for everyone else.
Well your boyfriend also told us that you only had 2 mods, it seems like that's not correct (from reading your signature)
Old 04-10-2006, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So can I see some of the other time slips on slicks?

I have a feeling all of the other ones will be 2.0's and maybe a few 1.8-1.9's but nothing even close to a 1.5..
Old 04-10-2006, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

How is it not correct, as far as mods are concerned? Are springs supposed to help me win a race? Or is the short throw shifter gonna give me a bigger advantage and yes you can see the other time slips I have NOTHING to hide. I kicked major a$$ out there.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice job you two, looks like you got some nice goodies now too! congrats!
Old 04-10-2006, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1.5 seems a little extreme even on slicks. The tC doesnt have the engine to be turning that NA. I mean if she got a 1.5 60' what was zpi's turbo car getting?

I do find the 14.8 pretty believeable with the weight reduction, but what you're telling me is she can out launch an AWD car just by using slicks? Not to mention 150ish HP (minimum) less than an sTI or evo?
Old 04-10-2006, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ISmokeGuys
How is it not correct, as far as mods are concerned? Are springs supposed to help me win a race? Or is the short throw shifter gonna give me a bigger advantage and yes you can see the other time slips I have NOTHING to hide. I kicked major a$$ out there.
Springs do actually help out.. Less well hop and the car is more aerodynamic

Also, the short shifter will lower quarter mile times by about 1 tenth due to you being able to get into the next gear faster.

But those aren't major mods, I agree.. they don't help out alot.

I think you did a great job (even though I'm not amazed to see a girl drive stick or race down the track, which everyone else seems to find shocking and amazing)..

The only thing I find amazing/unbelievable is the 1.5 60' time.

I just searched on a few other sites for 60' times.. I found a few 300-500whp cars, some rear wheel drive (with huge slicks and LSD), some all wheel drive..

Their 60' times weren't as good as a 160hp scion tC with no LSD and a few minor mods.. hmmmmmmmmmm
Old 04-10-2006, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ryhian
1.5 seems a little extreme even on slicks. The tC doesnt have the engine to be turning that NA. I mean if she got a 1.5 60' what was zpi's turbo car getting?

..but what you're telling me is she can out launch an AWD car just by using slicks? Not to mention 150ish HP (minimum) less than an sTI or evo?
Exactly.. I'm glad someone agrees with me.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

OMG! You guys just need to get over yourselves. I told you I would post time slips videos WHATEVER YOU WANT! Why is it that no one can give credit where credit is due. As far as people being amazed cause I'm a girl it's more that their amazed cause it was my first time down the track my first burnout my first everything. I was a virgin to all of this until this weekend.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
There's no need for that man.

I believe the times and I wasn't aware that you had over $800 worth of weight reduction until now but still, the 1.5 60' time is very hard to believe..

AWD 400+WHP cars that weigh less rarely pull 1.5 60' times.

In the video that you have, is there someone else in the other lane or is she going down the track solo?

If it's a solo run, I would almost bet money that her back tires are lined up where her front tires are suppose to be.

Let's see some other 60' times on slicks so we are compare the 1 great run to all of the other ones. I bet the other runs won't even come close to a 1.5 60'.

I wasn't being harsh bro. I was letting you know everything it took. Chill out.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member

Nice times...but the 60ft is unrealistic...must have been a timing error. I have been drag racing a long time, and that is simply not possible.

Quick Reply: 1/4 mile times ZPI S-pipe + ZPI Exhaust(dipped into 14's)