Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

1/4 mile times ZPI S-pipe + ZPI Exhaust(dipped into 14's)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rhythmnsmoke
Yeah I know. Walter came and took 1st place for N/A xA. By default of course seeing as he was the only one. Wish you could have made it, so he would have had at leat 1 competitor to run his xA against.
heck, I'm gonna put 6 more decals on and come gunnin' for you!!
Old 04-10-2006, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If the 60' time is messed up (which is it, and you agreed with) then it's going to change your 1/4 & 1/8th times..

So congrats on your 88mph trap speed, this is the only thing that is correct about of the run.

btw, scc ran a 88mph trap speed with a bone stock tC.. lol
Old 04-10-2006, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: 1/4 mile times ZPI S-pipe + ZPI Exhaust(dipped into 14's

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
FYI...Having more power does not necessarily mean you are going to pull better times. If you CAN'T drive, well KIDDIE...YOU CAN'T Drive.
What does this mean? If you are talking about the guy with a SC not knowing how to drive, I wouldn't quite say that since he has the best time on this board for a SCed tC.

If you're trying to say something about my driving: I actually hit a better 1/8th time then your best run (no quarter mile track around here).. I only have intake & header, still on stock tires. Time slips are in my profile.

No weight reduction, full interior, and a 12" sub with box.

Want a Cookie? Maybe you should have brought it the Beech Bend this past Weekend, if you want to talk so much stuff. But were you there... And don't say it's to far, cause their were people who drove 12hrs from FL just to be at ZPI. Bring it next time, and talk it on the track.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

If the 60' time is messed up (which is it, and you agreed with) then it's going to change your 1/4 & 1/8th times..

So congrats on your 88mph trap speed, this is the only thing that is correct about of the run.

btw, scc ran a 88mph trap speed with a bone stock tC.. lol

You can't read. I said average trap speed was 90mph. She clicked that all day bro. Bring it to the track if you want to run, otherwise you just blowing smoke. Kenny even took our tC down the track once, and he trapped it at 90mph also.

Really, I don't care what you say. We had a BLAST!, We took home 1st, and won some really KICK A$$ stuff. Another ShootOut should go down in Aug. We will be running in the F/I class then. And the Jersey boys more than likely will be gunning for us.... As they picked up a ZPI turbokit before heading home.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Want a Cookie? Maybe you should have brought it the Beech Bend this past Weekend, if you want to talk so much stuff. But were you there... And don't say it's to far, cause their were people who drove 12hrs from FL just to be at ZPI. Bring it next time, and talk it on the track.
dude, you told me that I couldn't drive, so I showed you a timeslip.. otherwise I wouldn't of even brought it up.

I had to go to a funeral this weekend, so it wasn't possible for me to drive 12 hours.. Nothing I can do about that, some things are more important then driving down the track, know what I mean?
Old 04-10-2006, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can't read. I said average trap speed was 90mph. She clicked that all day bro. Bring it to the track if you want to run, otherwise you just blowing smoke. Kenny even took our tC down the track once, and he trapped it at 90mph also.
Sorry, I missed the MPH within all the other BS you put in this thread.

congrats on trapping 2mph higher then a bone stock tC.. you showed me??
Old 04-10-2006, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

dude, you told me that I couldn't drive, so I showed you a timeslip.. otherwise I wouldn't of even brought it up.

I had to go to a funeral this weekend, so it wasn't possible for me to drive 12 hours.. Nothing I can do about that, some things are more important then driving down the track, know what I mean?

I'm not trying to be harsh. It's just that when you have vids of nearly every run, and watching the times drop more and more with each pass she made, you take it to heart when someone tries to tell you it was all a fluke. I don't think they build drag strips to give people false times. It was just that once, so show a little respect for it, because she laid it down bro.

FYI....Even if you posted faster in a 1/8th mile does not mean that after that 1/8th the other car will start pulling on you. You still got room to go. By the way, the light Tree at this track seemed to be the main focus. Cause reaction time played a BIG part in your 1/4 time. If you can click off a fast reaction time, you were sure to see better times it seemed.

Try to make it in Aug. If you can.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Sorry, I missed the MPH within all the other BS you put in this thread.

congrats on trapping 2mph higher then a bone stock tC.. you showed me??

Seeing as how the only powermods we have are the ZPI exhaust and ZPI S-pipe, I consider us to still be fairly stock. So, it's accurate.

So, what mph are you trapping at in the 1/4?

It's cool if you are in disbelief bro. I'll accept that. Besides...SL wouldn't be SL without it's fair share of Haters/Critics/Nieve/Un-Educated/Dis-believers for every 5 people who actually give you credit.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you guys sound like a bunch of little girls. she admitted the 60' time is garbage -- its almost a second less than her other 60' times, so it doesnt make much sense. But she won, and beat out her boyfriend in the process. just give them the credit they seem to need sooo much. the point is that if u need to post times on a forum to make yourself feel important, you really cant just be happy with yourself, you need others to be happy for you as well. so just keep your slips and show them to those who wont throw them in your face. you got the prize, isnt that enough? besides, if u come to a forum and expect people to not hate on you, your wrong. because there is a huge amount of haters lurking around here. but the fact is that alot of these people know what theyre talking about, and for a slightly modified tC to beat out a 200+ HP SCed tC is in my mind highly unlikely.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mpbrown
you guys sound like a bunch of little girls. she admitted the 60' time is garbage -- its almost a second less than her other 60' times, so it doesnt make much sense. But she won, and beat out her boyfriend in the process. just give them the credit they seem to need sooo much. the point is that if u need to post times on a forum to make yourself feel important, you really cant just be happy with yourself, you need others to be happy for you as well. so just keep your slips and show them to those who wont throw them in your face. you got the prize, isnt that enough? besides, if u come to a forum and expect people to not hate on you, your wrong. because there is a huge amount of haters lurking around here. but the fact is that alot of these people know what theyre talking about, and for a slightly modified tC to beat out a 200+ HP SCed tC is in my mind highly unlikely.

WhoA...hold the horses bro. The only reason why I posted times to begin with, is to show people how much fun we had at the ShootOut. AND NATURALLY, when you mention drag racing, YOU WANT to see times....DUH! What's a Drag racing focused thread/Scion Event thread without TIMES? What if I posted and said we won the N/A drag event, but said I'm not posting my times up on the account of little tennie boppers who are just going to try and shoot holes through it, when they were not even there. I can care less if you want to give us credit. By the way there was a S/C tc running. I don't know what the times were, I'll have to check my vids. And yes, I am FULLY aware that there are PLENTY of haters around here. But nonetheless I post it for benchmarking purposes. It's a before(turbo) and after(turbo) comparison. We will be ZPI Stage 1 hooked up in abou 2 weeks.

Just food for thought....I've raced an 06 Si, which is supposedly trapping at 15.1 Right. I raced him on full interior, on street tires from a stop. And around 78-88 mph, I was about half a car, to a car lenght behind him. Maybe a long shot, but if this was on a track, a half a car behind 15.1 is probably around 15.2-15.3. Which was our Average times.

It's funny how people who were not there, have a whole lot to say on someone elses performance capabilities. Everyones a car expert on the internet...Oh well, all is fair in Love and War
Old 04-10-2006, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is why this thread needs to be locked. this guy takes offense to anything you tell him, who cares if the haters dont believe you? you won the prize didnt you?
Old 04-10-2006, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mpbrown
this is why this thread needs to be locked. this guy takes offense to anything you tell him, who cares if the haters dont believe you? you won the prize didnt you?

Not trying to be harsh dude. If I'm coming off that way, my bad. Yes, who cares what the haters say... Don't Hate, Congratulate...

And yes, we sure did win the prize.

When I get off work, I'll post a couple of little teaser vids, while I work on a mini movie with the rest of the vids, and pics.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

um i think there was a lil problem with the lights cause theres NO way our cars all motor are hittin 1.5 60ft. i also got a 14.8 with 1.5 and i know its a fluke our best REAL time was 14.05 2.1 60ft. and our best dyno was 162.?whp and 174 wtq .... but thats ok theres always next shootout to not mess up . my buddy got shook so he messed up but we were there just to have fun..... i would just like for real post on times and i mean real by just look at your 60ft's and 1/8mile times and think of how a scion tc can do better times than turboed tc with slicks??????
Old 04-10-2006, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cause reaction time played a BIG part in your 1/4 time. If you can click off a fast reaction time, you were sure to see better times it seemed.
Please do some research about drag racing, reaction times don't effect your ET or trap speed at all.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does the word "hater" mean "the person who proved me wrong"?

If so, then I'm a big hater.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

While I will congratulate you on your win and good time, whenever there is a timing issue related to your 60' times, the 1/4 ET will be suspect as well. In racing math, a .1 drop in your 60' usually means a .2 drop in your ET, so if the 60' times were really in the 1.5 sec range vs the 2.0+ normally seen, then youd be trapping up to 1 second + quicker which obviously wasnt the case. I woulndt be suprised if a basically stock tC with a light driver and reduced weight could run in the low 15s high 14s, but your numbers simply cant be considered accurate because of the glaring issue with the timing.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ +2
Old 04-10-2006, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by The_Instigator
While I will congratulate you on your win and good time, whenever there is a timing issue related to your 60' times, the 1/4 ET will be suspect as well. In racing math, a .1 drop in your 60' usually means a .2 drop in your ET, so if the 60' times were really in the 1.5 sec range vs the 2.0+ normally seen, then youd be trapping up to 1 second + quicker which obviously wasnt the case. I woulndt be suprised if a basically stock tC with a light driver and reduced weight could run in the low 15s high 14s, but your numbers simply cant be considered accurate because of the glaring issue with the timing.

So, let me ask you this question then. If you punched off the line and hit a good 60' time, and then halfway down the track you miss 4th gear, you mean to tell me that missing 4th is NOT going to screw up your 1/4 time? Wow! I guess we can miss all kinda gears, and shift at like 3k rpm down the rest of the 1320 and still net the equivalent we would from having a good 60' time.

Why is it that people don't read what you post, and automatically skip what you say and go to the one possible fault? Here does this make it better, I SAID the 1.5 was possibly off, because we were seeing an AVEEEEVVVEEERRAAAGE of 2.2 - 2.3 60' times. Geesh! Read people. Even with the 2sec 60' times, we were still averaging 15.2.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats an obvious issue that I didnt think even needed to be brought up, but since you are in such a defensive mood I guess I should have calrified every possible situation. Im not attacking you or calling you out, but only trying to make it clear that there were timing issues that make the ETs you posted have flaws. You guys still crossed the line first and won which is all that matters so stop getting all butt hurt over some stupid numbers that dont mean a damn thing anyway.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikescion
um i think there was a lil problem with the lights cause theres NO way our cars all motor are hittin 1.5 60ft. i also got a 14.8 with 1.5 and i know its a fluke our best REAL time was 14.05 2.1 60ft. and our best dyno was 162.?whp and 174 wtq .... but thats ok theres always next shootout to not mess up . my buddy got shook so he messed up but we were there just to have fun..... i would just like for real post on times and i mean real by just look at your 60ft's and 1/8mile times and think of how a scion tc can do better times than turboed tc with slicks??????

You guys ran a 14 flat? I didn't get to be there the whole time, as I ran off to Firestone to get the radials put on. What did you guys normally do on the track back home? Was it 14.9, I can remember. And you were doing like 14.9-14.8 in KY, so the 1/4 time was not that far off. If off at all.

Glad you made it back to Jersey ok. Already having visions of the Aug ShootOut. It's WAR...lol.

Quick Reply: 1/4 mile times ZPI S-pipe + ZPI Exhaust(dipped into 14's)