Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

100$ back from zpi??

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matty-tC
how many other turbo converted cars have you seen successfully run without at least a piggyback for an extended period of time?
Most aftermarket turbo kits put on normally aspirated cars = instant engine fault code as soon as the MAP sees boost. Since the tC is seeing boost and still working I would assume that Toyota programmed the ECU to work with boost. You assume that the tC can't work boosted, and I merely pointed out you have NO experience with a boosted tC. I am fully aware of the ramifications of boosting a NA car with no fuel mods on an ECU that is not capable of compensating for such mods.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is true as it is with most factory turbo cars. The ecu can not adjust the fuel for more boost hence why there are piggy back fuel controllers, reflashing etc..

The tC we got lucky that it is smart enough to adjust.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by oldman
You assume that the tC can't work boosted, and I merely pointed out you have NO experience with a boosted tC. I am fully aware of the ramifications of boosting a NA car with no fuel mods on an ECU that is not capable of compensating for such mods.

and how many turbo tC engines have you driven or know about with stock ECU Yawn

i answered what you asked.

show me 1 car that started as naturally aspirated, added nearly double sized injectors for fuel delivery, and used the stock ECU for tuning... oh and had a decent idle, and had some longevity to it
Old 07-07-2005, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
We thought of this also but the stock ECU will not control 500cc injectors. We havbe tried this first hand the car floods itself at idle.
point proven. thanks kenny
Old 07-07-2005, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i'm just throwing out this idea. maybe toyota designed the ecu to adjust for boost because of the TRD supercharger coming out for it.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that sounds about right,
Old 07-07-2005, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matty-tC
show me 1 car that started as naturally aspirated, added nearly double sized injectors for fuel delivery, and used the stock ECU for tuning... oh and had a decent idle, and had some longevity to it
No, but it would seem that on MY tC, with MY ZPI kit would work just fine with a slightly bigger then stock size injector and stock ECU. hence the relevance of the post vs the extrapolation into sillyness by you.

Feel free to debate with Scion speed about what they are doing with 12 PSI and 550 cc injectors.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Souljah347
i'm just throwing out this idea. maybe toyota designed the ecu to adjust for boost because of the TRD supercharger coming out for it.
if toyota made the ECU for boost, then they would have problems with people building turbo kits without piggybacks and outselling the TRD superchargers because they're cheaper and more powerful.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well I'm sure Toyota that sells millions of cars, and 1000s of TRD kits, ain't too worried about a few hundred tC turbo kits making use of their code and it would seem that other Toyota cars have a similar setup: ECU + slightly larger injectors = boost baby.

Look we already have two / two turbo kit vendors saying the ECU can take boost, one saying it can control larger injectors too. How large of an injector, how much boost is open to debate, but clearly WELL with the parameters I intend to run at.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So if the stock ECU can take the boost, are we still going to use E-manage for the Stage 0 and up?
Old 07-07-2005, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well I'm sure Toyota that sells millions of cars, and 1000s of TRD kits, ain't too worried about a few hundred tC turbo kits making use of their code and it would seem that other Toyota cars have a similar setup: ECU + slightly larger injectors = boost baby.

Look we already have two / two turbo kit vendors saying the ECU can take boost, one saying it can control larger injectors too. How large of an injector, how much boost is open to debate, but clearly WELL with the parameters I intend to run at.

prove me wrong. please.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

and how many turbo tC engines have you driven or know about with stock ECU
It seems that you try sooo hard to start an "I know more" battle with everyone that now you are doing it on posts that have no relevance. I fail to see how that is relevant to whether or not the discount is given or when the kits ship.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here just for you, that the delay is cause by "fueling problems"

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:18 pm Post subject We just wanted to let you guys know the status of the kits. We are having a little fueling problems on the 91 octane maps for you guys with cheap gas. -zpi
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/pos...quote&p=760715

The $100 is due to the late shipment caused by the delay related to “fueling problems”...hence the two issues are intimately related IF you have a clue. I could have said this straight off, but there were more then enough clues, and none are so blind as the ones that won’t see.

And yes the post on the ECU working under boost is something that is very interesting, probably the MOST interesting post on this whole board this month. Your welcome.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

until you read that the delay is cause by "programming", or do you need a direct cut and paste? The $100 is due to the late shipment caused by the delay... Do I need to hold your hand anymore?

And yes the post on the ECU working under boost is something that is very interesting, probably the MOST interesting post on this whole board this month. Your welcome.

Well maybe if you addressed that anywhere in your original post it would make a little bit of sense.

And you can stop with the dumbassed "hold your hand" comments. I have read plenty of your posts, and though you do seem to know a decent amount (besides your closed minded, childish, repetitive and attacking style approach at every response), you in no small way intimidate me intellectually. So those comments (after making me laugh) go in one ear and out the other.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I drove by ZPI today, it appears to be shoe polish in the window stating they have moved to somwhere on Fern Valley Road. This would be their third location in under a year. Just FYI for anyone looking for their money/parts.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Let me sum this up, you cry that the post is off topic like big deal, major crime, but it is on topic, then you cry cause I’m not nice, poor thing , and then you puff your chest out and fully expressed that you are no way intimidated by my typing on the keyboard . I got news for you, I don’t intimidate via words on a keyboard, I said it several times and I’ll say it again. I let the performance of my car do the talking. The final ultimate arbitrator of performance mods on the performance section. What’s planned under your hood? I see you already got some blue lights installed.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

my turbo still hasn't melted off oldman, i've been trying for the past two weeks. How is that performance of your car coming along? I see you don't have a turbo kit, but atleast you have AC right?

Also, from what i've read, the delay is due to an inlet pipe, not any fuel management issues. I know that ZPi had some issues with one of their scions when they got the wrong injectors and fried two stock ecus, but that's all i've heard.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I see this thread getting locked soon. This whole Power hungry Forum has gone to crap since the beginning of June and most everyone seams to be getting agitated and disgruntled a lot more latley with all the hating, including myself. I don't like seeing two well liked and more informative members having a ____ing contest like this. Lets all just try and take a deep breath and get back to making this "Power Hungry" Forum fun and interesting again.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i agree. we need more strict moderation
Old 07-08-2005, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well, I for one appologize. I get irritated when people try to take over a thread and turn it into a who knows what thread when a simple question about something like a rebate was asked. And to reply to some of the above, I never "puffed out my chest" or anything close to that (or mentioned anything about how much time we each have spent under the hood). Some comments made were to belittle me (hand holdning, etc) so I simply stated that I don't go in for any kind of intimidation in ANY way. I in no way tried to make myself out to be anything great.

Again, I appologize to everyone else, as I should have known what would come out of saying anything about it. I agree the arguing gets annoying, and I will bow out of this coversation.

Quick Reply: 100$ back from zpi??