Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

2006 tC: Clutch will not disengage..

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 06:50 PM

Default 2006 tC: Clutch will not disengage..

I have a 2006 tC with 197K miles. I was driving and suddenly the clutch would not disengage and I could not shift normally. I have to shift without the clutch.
Whenever I came to a full stop I'd have to turn the car off to get into first gear. Then, even while the clutch is down, the car would jump forward as I started it up because the clutch was engaged.

So far I have replaced the master cylinder, slave cylinder, and the clutch. The symptoms are still the same. While replacing these things we looked at all the parts as we took them off and put
them back on and everything looked good. The old clutch was in very bad shape but seems to not have actually been causing the problem. The transmission is still in great shape.

If anyone has fixed this problem before I would love to hear their solution. Aside from that I'm hoping that someone can tell me what the throw is on their slave cylinder so I can know if it is pushing far enough.

____

Sticky How To Advanced Search SL (Scion Life)

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-29-2021 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Added Advanced Search Tip
Old 01-29-2021, 08:41 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hyperion914
I have a 2006 Tc with 197K miles. I was driving and suddenly the clutch would not disengage and I could not shift normally. I have to shift without the clutch. whenever I came to a full stop I'd have to turn the car off to get into first gear. Then, even while the clutch is down, the car would jump forward as I started it up because the clutch was engaged.

So far I have replaced the master cylinder, slave cylinder, and the clutch. The symptoms are still the same. While replacing these things we looked at all the parts as we took them off and put them back on and everything looked good. The old clutch was in very bad shape but seems to not have actually been causing the problem. The transmission is still in great shape.

If anyone has fixed this problem before I would love to hear their solution. Aside from that I'm hoping that someone can tell me what the throw is on their slave cylinder so I can know if it is pushing far enough.
I Realize this was a few years ago but I'm currently experiencing the same issue after replacing clutch and both cylinders.
Old 11-30-2021, 09:00 PM

Default Same problem

Having same issue, what did u ever find out the problem was? We thought it had ir bubbles in system but after bleeding extensively same problem exists. Doesn’t disengage