Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

200hp NA tC..

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah if any of you guys want to throw money into a bucket and light it on fire let me know.. i have a really nice bucket LOL

or you could get a nice kit from ZPI and be happy with it
Old 05-29-2005, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member

Theres only but so much you can do with a little N/A four before you're talking a 25k+ all-out, ***** to the walls, racing motor. In the chevy tradition, I always say swap the motor when and if at all possible. If I could get a BBC in an XA for 10k or so, I'd do it tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCgetonmylevel
and god wasnt the whole point of my thread to SEE if anybody had a built NA Tc?????????????
god! Still Waiting...
I guess nobody has one...yet..i guess the only things to be considered are those with intakes, exhausts, and headers....somewhat built I guess..of course no internal work done or anything..just the basics...i wouldn't blame anyone though for not wanting to tackle this first w/out having like a well known company do it first...but there will always be pioneers to the car..scionspeed..for example with the turbo's with no internal mods...jotech's tC with 5-- hp....we just gotta wait until someone who has money to throw away do some NA mods i guess..just my .02
Old 05-29-2005, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

guys do sum research you can buy the tC stock w. 200whp with the stock supercharger then the rest is up to you
Old 05-29-2005, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah you show me where i can buy that supercharger LOL
Old 05-29-2005, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

*STATUS*... please be joking or i will hafta reach through my monitor and hit you. i will hafta remove your keyboard so u will never again be able to type a response, and last but not least, i will print out every documentation that i can find about how the supercharger is not released, spread it on the ground, and rub you nose in it.

hahaha im just messin with ya, but seriously please dont be serious.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh don't get me wrong, my GS-R I went thru 3 sets of cams, 3 headers, 2 stock manifolds, three intake manifolds, and about 20 configurations of the exhaust before I found a setup I like and was powerful. My final setup was so close to a Type-R and go figure Honda comes out with a Type-R in America the year my Integra got stolen. The typeR was 195 WHP so all that for 25 HP! Sure tech has changed and you can get a 220 bhp / 200 whp engine cost is $$$$ but it can be done. Once again it goes back to the exhaust, all these exhaust would just be too loud and the resonance would be a killer too. With a turbo and a stock exhaust we are talking Camry here till the turbo starts to spool! I can't say enough about how a trash exhaust just ruins the whole ride issue. One BIG reason to go with a turbo vs a supercharger as a supercharger I know I'd be fooling around with the header, S pipe, high flow cat, resonator, axle back till I was happy. Read that as $1500 right there. I just don't like raspy exhaust.

No ZPI yet but the dyno is out 247 WHP, stage 0 boost but this one had an intercooler.... too much show for me and I'm going to water injection anyway.

On the turbo RSX come now if you did see it you would know that the RSX is super super super tight. No way I'd turbo that unless I had an abstestos octapus to work on it.

Hey I know all about the heart ache of turbo, I also know the heart ache of a VTEC miss shift. 9000 RPM is cool till you miss shift and all your valves bend or the rods fly through the block...

IMO done right a low boost turbo should give you little problem. But most guys are fooling with boost, fooling with this and that and they get into trouble. Thats why the OEM is so conservative, and stage 0 is just that. Cheap, soon, simple, quiet, need I say more?
Old 05-29-2005, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I just want to let anybody that is thinking about building a 200 whp n/a tc, I will be glad to build an all out custom race header for that project !
Old 05-29-2005, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by dex
just waiting for someone to make some lumpy cams to awaken this beast.
Our the camry cams worse or better?

And the new solora 4cyl ones any parts on that work with ours
Old 05-30-2005, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just because I didn't see any numbers on this... ZPI got over 20whp with a ported head with no other mods or tuning.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no other mods??!?!
Old 05-30-2005, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matty-tC
yeah you show me where i can buy that supercharger LOL
HA and show everyone else that wants one too
Old 05-31-2005, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
...the car is less than a year old, so the parts are just coming out. Personally I could care less. I like my car, that is why I bought it. Price for price you cant beat it overall. It is torquey enough for a stock 4 banger, looks a hell of a lot better than other cars in my opinion, and carries toyotas reliability in the drivetrain. I dont mind having a more unique car and waiting for the parts to come out. Just enjoy what you like.
well said....the car is celebrating it's one year anniversay in june. it has a torquey motor that will be tuneable. just hang on, parts are coming. me?....i like it as is, i ain't racin' no hondas.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the topic of the thread is 200 WHP NA and how to get it, IMO it can't be done on a streetable car for normal amounts of cash. To get this for sane cash and be streetable needs VTEC and um this ain't a TSX. Yes mod your car, just know that 200 WHP is going to a hard row to hoe sans VTEC. Nothing wrong with NA, just you gotta ask yourself what is your goal and your budget, and if your goal is 200 WHP then it would be some sort of forced induction. If your goal is to have 200 WHP some time soon (read in the next 2 to 3 years) then it is forced induction. If your goal is 200 WHP under $2500 or so then IMO it is forced induction. I can't think of a way to get even 180 WHP for $2500, has it been done yet at ANY cost? I don't think so. The next 20 WHP to 200 WHP is going to be very expensive. Well I have had my say and only time will tell.

If you are happy bolting on mods and tweaking then there is nothing wrong with NA, it is your ride have fun, enjoy, but a NA tC will NOT be able to street fight with very many rides, and for me I want to win hence I don't want to spend any $$$ on parts that are not going to at least let me blow a stock grandma's Accord V6. I guess it comes to this: I had a hot rod NA Toy once upon a time, I got into a play fight with the GF in her mom's BONE stock Supra. She killed my ride SO SO SO bad. I'm just not showing up with a car that is slower then a stock grandma's car: Buick GS, V6 Accord etc. Just me...
Old 05-31-2005, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I personally don't think it's worth to make the tC 200hp NA. The money you will spend doing that will probably be about as much as the TRD supercharger (when it comes out in 2013). The supercharger will not void anything, will have a warranty of its own, and will not decrease the value of the car when you sell it, like most other internal mods. Plus, I am sure a supercharged 200-220hp would be more fun to drive than a NA 200hp one. That's all subjective, of course.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:40 AM
5 Year Member

my tc right know is running with k&n cai, apexi hyper ground kit which is good for 9 horsepower, dc sport racing headers, trd exhuast i should be able to crank out at least 180 to 200 horse with my setup
Old 06-02-2005, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good luck, and I mean I like to be proved wrong when it comes to HP on my ride.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by czardante
my tc right know is running with k&n cai, apexi hyper ground kit which is good for 9 horsepower, dc sport racing headers, trd exhuast i should be able to crank out at least 180 to 200 horse with my setup
Dont believe the 9HP for the grounding kit untill you see it on a dyno.. which you most likely will not. I would say with your setup you are pushing 175 BHP at the very most. The TRD exhaust without a custom midpipe provides maybe 3-4 BHP. The DC header I would say is giving you 10 BHP at the most. All of this will equate to around 145 - 150 WHP total. I could be a little off on the header numbers, but not much.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="czardante"]my tc right know is running with k&n cai, apexi hyper ground kit which is good for 9 horsepower, dc sport racing headers, trd exhuast i should be able to crank out at least 180 to 200 horse with my setup[/quote

you will be VERY disappointed when you dyno

if you gained 9hp from a grounding kit, then the car stock would be running so horribly we wouldn't get the mileage we're getting.

i can see maybe, MAYBE 180hp crank but not whp
Old 06-03-2005, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member

in response to the original post... the reason there arent a lot of 180-200 hp tCs is simply because of the impending release of the supercharger. Also in reference to the car just coming out- pretty much everyone that has the car bought it new and at this point in the game they are not going to want to void their warranty doing any serious engine work or even risk blowing something and not having it covered because of some $300 part they put in. A lot of other tuners have the advantage of being able to go out and spend less than 10k on the car initially, whereas tC owners dont have that luxury.

Quick Reply: 200hp NA tC..