Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

201Whp N/A Update **BC Cams Installed**

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Syldrin
are you going to do anything with the head orther then cams and springs? maybe larger valves or a PnP?

the head already has a port & polish job (no angles, no oversized valves)(deff will upgrade to these mods in the future but not now) one mod at a time a like to see every single mod dynoed to see its true gains
Old 02-12-2011, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
Cool, I hope you can dyno test with the cams. I'm curious to see what cams can do without any supporting head work.

Brian Crower?
deff i will dyno test the cams, with my head wich is ported & polished

Brian crower it is, im going to be running the new stage 2 cams that are for n/a &turbo. 272 duration, 401 lift (oem 248 duration, 385 lift).

the old stage 2 cams were divided in two categories before- n/a(bc0341) & turbo(bc0341t).

the bc0341 were discontinued given to the reason that the n/a cars were getting better results with the bc0341t (stage2 turbo) thats what Dustin from bc told me.
more proof than that i have a friend here in puerto rico that has a 07 corolla xrs(2azfe engine) with the new stage 2 cams and he gained 12whp dyno proven.... we will see soon (3weeks) what happens in the dyno.....

for more info visit www.runbc.com
Old 02-13-2011, 07:50 PM
SL Member

did u here anything about bc stage 3 na cams and i was wondering if ur running stock internals or better and do u no any one making anything higher then 11:1 pistons like 13:1 would be nice
Old 02-14-2011, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kradstct
did u here anything about bc stage 3 na cams and i was wondering if ur running stock internals or better and do u no any one making anything higher then 11:1 pistons like 13:1 would be nice

yeah the stage 3 cams are a very good choice, but not what im looking for, im running je 11:1 pistons, this was the only option available back in 2007 when i build the engine. right now everybody is running here the camry's hybrid (2az-fxe) pistons wich are 12.5:1 and cost about 300 dollars for the whole set. i have a friend with them, soon to go to the dyno.....we will see
Old 02-14-2011, 06:45 PM
SL Member

that is nice to know do u know if u can get those in a bigger bore cuz my motor is bored .50 over from when i got it built before
Old 02-15-2011, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kradstct
that is nice to know do u know if u can get those in a bigger bore cuz my motor is bored .50 over from when i got it built before
i do now they come std bore size, dont know if they come oversize, some times they come .20 -.40 over but thats as big as it gets. it would be good if someone that works at toyota can check this out for us.....
Old 02-15-2011, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by jimmyjun
the head already has a port & polish job (no angles, no oversized valves)(deff will upgrade to these mods in the future but not now) one mod at a time a like to see every single mod dynoed to see its true gains
my bad i just started watching your thread didnt know you had that done. you're really impressing me with this build you got i can't wait to see where this goes.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Syldrin
my bad i just started watching your thread didnt know you had that done. you're really impressing me with this build you got i can't wait to see where this goes.

thanks bro!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just got mail, see for yourselves!!!!!!!

Name:  bc4.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  4.2 KB
Name:  bc1.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  6.1 KB
Name:  bc5.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  6.9 KB
Name:  bc3.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  6.9 KB
Old 03-28-2011, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i will be installing them on saturday, and will do a dyno in about two weeks. nothing else will be done to the car. i really would like to see the true gains on just cams.

** i do have in mind that whatever numbers i get from the cams, they can be better once i get some kind of engine management that can control vvti, remember that to get everything out of the cams you need a vvti controller, wich i dont have....
Old 03-28-2011, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

muy firme
Old 03-28-2011, 11:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice.....
Old 03-28-2011, 11:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

awesome build!!! im looking forward to seeing what more can be done to the 2az-fe. Im trying to piece a NA motor together. Im no where near what you and tcpete are putting down. This NA game is expensive.

Ive also been looking at the 2az-fxe pistons as an option. Do you actually know someone running these pistons? what has to be done to the block? what are the actually gains? reliability? what ems or piggyback are they tuned on?
Old 03-28-2011, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KillaKeola
awesome build!!! im looking forward to seeing what more can be done to the 2az-fe. Im trying to piece a NA motor together. Im no where near what you and tcpete are putting down. This NA game is expensive.

Ive also been looking at the 2az-fxe pistons as an option. Do you actually know someone running these pistons? what has to be done to the block? what are the actually gains? reliability? what ems or piggyback are they tuned on?
yeah, i know a few people that are using them. nothing needs to be done to the block is a plug & play set up. we have seen cars with bolt ons and 2az fxe pistons on the 190ish whp range. you can use any kind of Engine management you want. we are using apex neo piggyback, wich can be found here used and in great condition for 150-225 dollars. reliability is very good i would say very close to oem
Old 03-28-2011, 09:25 PM
SL Member

Man, what the hell language are you guys speaking? I feel like I need a degree in mechanical engineering and 10 years experience as a mechanic to have any idea what's going on in these forums.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Once again congrats on making 200+ whp N/A. I see that TCPete has inspired a few of us to take a different direction and get all that we can without adding forced induction which is awesome in my opinion. I too like getting HP the hard way....been that way all my life every since my Dad had an all original 57 chevy that ran low 10's in the 1/4 all motor and the car was all steal weighing in over 4k lbs! I honestly became interested in the idea when I saw a Youtube of TCPete beating a S/C TC in the 1/8th mile!
Old 03-29-2011, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Jimmy you and Pete have definitely given me some insight and direction when it comes to my N/A build because I thought that the stage 2 turbo cams would make our cars run rough without a turbo but obviously that's not the case. Couple of questions that I would like your opinion on is the weapon r intake manifold and RX-8 tb. From what i researched it looks as if having an aftermarket intake manifold like the weapon r or descendant would only yield good results if you were boosted or using nitrous because when reading the descriptions of the product it states that its for boosted or nitrous applications.....any thoughts about that would be much appreciated. Question 2 is how difficult was it swapping the RX-8 tb?
Old 03-30-2011, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BadDudeTC3
Jimmy you and Pete have definitely given me some insight and direction when it comes to my N/A build because I thought that the stage 2 turbo cams would make our cars run rough without a turbo but obviously that's not the case. Couple of questions that I would like your opinion on is the weapon r intake manifold and RX-8 tb. From what i researched it looks as if having an aftermarket intake manifold like the weapon r or descendant would only yield good results if you were boosted or using nitrous because when reading the descriptions of the product it states that its for boosted or nitrous applications.....any thoughts about that would be much appreciated. Question 2 is how difficult was it swapping the RX-8 tb?
well the weaponr r manifold is good, i gained 5whp & 12wtq with it. it wasnt hard at all to install the rx8 tb all you need to do with it its weld a new flange to the wpnr mani and change the circuit board abd you are done. our biggest gain on our engine is a head p&p job with 1mm oversized valves, some
high comp pistons and some kind of engine management
Old 03-30-2011, 03:31 PM
SL Member

i was doing some research on our motor before i put my na motor together and i no bc sells a stroker kit but wat i was wondering if a crank from a 1ar-fe motor its a 105 mm stroke and the az motor is 96 mm
Old 03-30-2011, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BadDudeTC3
Once again congrats on making 200+ whp N/A. I see that TCPete has inspired a few of us to take a different direction and get all that we can without adding forced induction which is awesome in my opinion. I too like getting HP the hard way....been that way all my life every since my Dad had an all original 57 chevy that ran low 10's in the 1/4 all motor and the car was all steal weighing in over 4k lbs! I honestly became interested in the idea when I saw a Youtube of TCPete beating a S/C TC in the 1/8th mile!
not my best run (especially on stock flywheel and clutch at the time) but i did squeeze out a win. that s/c tc was making about 210-220 whp from what he once dynoed and told us and based on his mods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6x6TPDf2EM

theres also a vid of me taking on an old friend in his greddy turbo kit tc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P8_p...eature=related

it happens later in the vid... the reaction of the commentary was priceless to me haha

Quick Reply: 201Whp N/A Update **BC Cams Installed**