Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

ALL supercharged tC owners......We have something for you.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great Job Kenny, I am happy to see the new parts so soon. I suspect that more is on the way that would improve the S/C look and performance.

Next week I know if I get the S/C or a ZPI Turbo, wohoot!
Old 11-12-2005, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

ok startin tuesday (when i get my check lol) im going to put some money away sot hat hopefully by this time next year i can get some forced induction...

(ill give myself 1 month till i use that money that i put away to buy something else for my car haha.)
Old 11-12-2005, 07:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ExTc
Im selling my supercharger for 2500.00!! I had it on for 5 days and 40 miles before i totalled my baby. Ill ship it for free!! I need to know asap.
Heres a pic of my totalled baby and s/c. I will also include the K&N filter.

If your interested hit me up at jpg1976@sbcglobal.net
i sent you a pm.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow... more Boost?
Old 11-12-2005, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ZPI

Soooooo.... where are these so called test results at?
Old 11-13-2005, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: ZPI

Originally Posted by Imprtracr1
Soooooo.... where are these so called test results at?
results make the world spin.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe the new pullies gave it 500whp on 87 octane with perfect A/F on the stock ECU with instant boost and excellent driveability and reliability and they are afraid to post the results cuz it will take away turbo sales?!?!?!?

Old 11-13-2005, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by The_Instigator
Maybe the new pullies gave it 500whp on 87 octane with perfect A/F on the stock ECU with instant boost and excellent driveability and reliability and they are afraid to post the results cuz it will take away turbo sales?!?!?!?

I doubt if they will post anything that will take away sales for their turbo kits . That's probably why they dynoed the supercharger kit with half the parts installed and on 87 octane pump gas . Then they put it up against a dyno from a stage 0 turbo kit with 550cc injectors, greddy emanage, full exhaust, no cats, and a front mount intercooler. Come on give me a break . Put a header, intake, and full 2.5 inch after market exhaust on the supercharger kit and you will get almost identical numbers without raising the boost . Makes you wonder doesn't it
Old 11-13-2005, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by The_Instigator

Well I know your some what kidding but I want to point this out. There is not a tone of profit in car parts. ZPI may make 20% on average on a turbo kit. So $600 on a stage 0 ..maybe. If they can come out with a supercharger upgrade kit for $1200 and make $400 since its more accessory than hard product they will and rock those out all day long. It seems they just want to support the TC so its cool they are playing around with this.

Scott
Old 11-13-2005, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

wtf... i really wanna see these intakes and dynos on the new pullies.....
Old 11-13-2005, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you calling our dyno numbers false? These numbers have been duplicated all over the country and by various cars on our dyno. Hell, CincytC’s car made more power on his Stage 0 kit. We did not even post that dyno against the supercharger.

What the air silencer that we did not install or the thermostat caused the car to lose 50whp? Are you serious...

I hope the car does pick up 50whp with an exhaust, we sell those too. We have been nothing but informative on the tC platform from the beginning. We have been called everything from scam artist to great guys either way we are still here. We offer the same support to each and every customer and non-customer who calls the shop with questions daily. We undoubtedly do not make every customer happy but we try our hardest. You can say what you will about our products service etc…. but stating that we are falsifying dyno numbers is simply bullsh$t. We have always told the community the good, the bad, and the ugly regardless of how it will affect our sales. We would like to think that people purchase parts from us out of support and not just that of a good deal. If we were only interested in selling turbo kits we would not have bought a third tC and then a TRD supercharger just to build parts for it.

I know that you are felling a little cocky now that you have your blower and the array of mystery parts that you continue to brag about. You have called out our customers numerous times on a test of acceleration. Well if you are for real I will take this race. My personal tC v. your highly modified tC. Name the place and the stakes but please make it worth the trip.

-Kenny
Old 11-13-2005, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with ZPI! They are a great company from everything I have seen and done business with. I will continue doing business with ZPI when I am in the market for more parts.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
Are you calling our dyno numbers false? These numbers have been duplicated all over the country and by various cars on our dyno. Hell, CincytC’s car made more power on his Stage 0 kit. We did not even post that dyno against the supercharger.

What the air silencer that we did not install or the thermostat caused the car to lose 50whp? Are you serious...

I hope the car does pick up 50whp with an exhaust, we sell those too. We have been nothing but informative on the tC platform from the beginning. We have been called everything from scam artist to great guys either way we are still here. We offer the same support to each and every customer and non-customer who calls the shop with questions daily. We undoubtedly do not make every customer happy but we try our hardest. You can say what you will about our products service etc…. but stating that we are falsifying dyno numbers is simply bullsh$t. We have always told the community the good, the bad, and the ugly regardless of how it will affect our sales. We would like to think that people purchase parts from us out of support and not just that of a good deal. If we were only interested in selling turbo kits we would not have bought a third tC and then a TRD supercharger just to build parts for it.

I know that you are felling a little cocky now that you have your blower and the array of mystery parts that you continue to brag about. You have called out our customers numerous times on a test of acceleration. Well if you are for real I will take this race. My personal tC v. your highly modified tC. Name the place and the stakes but please make it worth the trip.

-Kenny
I know this is a little off topic, but i promise to get back on to it. Can you guys give the future Xb customers a little update on the progress of the Xb? I haven't heard anything new, so if you have, could you just post the topic? Otherwise, thanks!

As for ZPI posting wrongful dyno runs. I can assure you, i don't know ZPI personally, and i haven't been to their shop. However, they post as accurate information the dyno runs show on their computers. Which is pretty accurate. There have been a handful of tC owners that have been to other dynos for results, and they may be a few whp difference. Example: ZPI says: 260 (just a thrown out there number) tC owner says: 262 (just another thrown number) Or it could be 258whp. It doesn't matter, its going to be very close to the ZPI number if not right on. Theres a lot of small things that can effect dyno numbers 1-5whp, sometimes more if their dyno sucks. But, i am willing to bet, based on the knowledge ZPI has, their dynos are accurate. They are very respectable and know what they are doing. Sometimes they can't meet the demands of customers, but not all shops can do that. But they do their best, which is all you can ask of any performance shop. (or any shop for that matter)

I would LOVE to see this race take place. My money is on ZPI.

Cya
Old 11-14-2005, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

-Kenny
You obviously don't read well. I never stated your dyno results false. READ CAREFULLY I said you put the supercharger numbers up against a non stage 0 turbo kit. Your stage 0 kit does not come with the front mount or the other parts that were on that dyno that you overlayed with the supercharger dyno. 50 hp from an exhaust and intake YES you are on drugs Cocky you say no I'm just confident in my cars performance. I know I can take any stage 0 turbo kit equipped car the way my car is right now without even thinking about it twice. I never stated that my supercharged TC was highly modified either. Yes I have a few parts on my car that aren't avaiable to the public yet, but nothing to consider my car HIGHLY MODIFIED .I have no clue where you are dreaming this stuff up. Get some sleep,stop sniffing exhaust fumes, and give the people that have been waiting since the begining of the year for their kits what they paid for . Everybody wants to praise ZPI , but I bet 90% didn't have the lies told to them like I did by this company. I'll end this here. It just dosen't make sense to argue over the internet about things of the past. So I'll be a bigger man and step down .
Old 11-14-2005, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member

Name the place and the stakes but please make it worth the trip.

-Kenny
One word, Pinks. Call the guys over at the speed channel and lets get this race on the way!!
Old 11-14-2005, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but I bet 90% didn't have the lies told to them like I did by this company. I'll end this here. It just dosen't make sense to argue over the internet about things of the past. So I'll be a bigger man and step down .
Is there something bad we should know about ZPI? is there something we should be worried about?
Old 11-14-2005, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man i don't know but marshall has been waiting for 5 months or more and still no kit munch was waiting for maybe 4 or more months i guess just bad business spending 3500 dollars on something you think you would be top priority i guess not
Old 11-14-2005, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by foxtransmission
man i don't know but marshall has been waiting for 5 months or more and still no kit munch was waiting for maybe 4 or more months i guess just bad business spending 3500 dollars on something you think you would be top priority i guess not
From posts that ZPI and others have made, it seems to me they just didn't have enough pre-made kits ready. I agree the wait for tC owners sucks, but when you do get the kit you are getting a well made, performing turbo thats reliable and durable.

People need to look at the entire picture, not just one aspect of it.

Cya
Old 11-14-2005, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by foxtransmission
I appriciate you remebering me bro. I don't want to take this off topic, but it's only fair to state a couple facts about my order since it was mentioned and I didnt post any info on the forums, in the event it could have been misinterpreted as negative.
I ordered my ZPI Stage 0 Turbo on June 3rd. I cancelled my order on Sep 1st (90 days later). After speaking with ZPI about my personal situation, a week later I reordered my kit again on Sep 9th. This knocked me out of the pre-order group and sent me to the back of the line. I was told it would be another 2 weeks, 3 weeks max. To this day its been a total of 65 days from my reorder (155 offical days total of patiently waiting). Kenny said he wants me to have the new Casted Manifold. Which Ive been told they should be testing fitment this week. So that is basicaly my situation...
Old 11-14-2005, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Aside all the semantics’, ZPI supports the SCION community. As a business manager of over 42 consumer direct sales web sites, my job is merge merchandise with the market place. Only a percentage of people will buy a Turbo, the others who have been waiting to buy the S/C for warranty purposes is another percentage. If ZPI continues to support the SCION community with products you want, at a great value then why not support turbo and Super Chargers. I see a win/win for all performance levels of SCION owners.

Quick Reply: ALL supercharged tC owners......We have something for you.