Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

ALL supercharged tC owners......We have something for you.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG
Scion Tuners

To be honest i would go with the turbo kit if i'm going to drop 4 gs your going to get more power
Old 11-16-2005, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member

Silver Sponsor

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:34 pm Post subject: ALL supercharged tC owners......We have something for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will be testing these today. Just wanted to keep you in the loop. We also have a big MAF pipe done that we will test with these.

ZPI, whats the delay? Everyone wants to know what a stock sc setup with a upgraded pulley will do on the dyno! I hope you don't first post dyno # with all kinds of other stuff added like a intercooler, emanage, etc.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i hope they dont either - i dont think they are going to do that because thats not a good selling point.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i hope they at least post and say hi... or anything. They basically decide whether or not i wanna spend my money on the supercharger.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

update already ZPI!
Old 11-17-2005, 12:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Patience is a virtue gentlemen.. Let the guys do their job, let them gather the accurate information and let them do their job... anyway.. how bout those #'s ;)
Old 11-17-2005, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Damn! You people are some of the most impatient people I know. They run a real business. They have obligations to local customers as well as internet customers. I'm sure they are doing thier Due Delligence first before making post. IT'S CALLED R&D. Give it a rest already....geesh. None of them have the time to sit around and type stuff on the internet 24/7. I'm sure they haven't forgot about you.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Yeah...

just popping in to listen.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We have not tested these simply because we are busy. We are designing a few more parts and will test them on the dyno at the same time. We will dyno the car at the same time with all of the parts.

We will do some of these individually so that we can show the gains for each mod and then all together. We are also installing gauges in the car so that we have an accurate idea of what is going on.

We understand that you all are dying for some more power but unfortunately we also have to focus on filling the orders for our existing as we design new ones. The good news is that as soon as we do get some dyno numbers these will be available for shipping almost immediately.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

thanks for your hard work ZPI!!!!!
Old 11-17-2005, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch
Originally Posted by ZPIracing
Are you calling our dyno numbers false? These numbers have been duplicated all over the country and by various cars on our dyno. Hell, CincytC’s car made more power on his Stage 0 kit. We did not even post that dyno against the supercharger.

What the air silencer that we did not install or the thermostat caused the car to lose 50whp? Are you serious...

I hope the car does pick up 50whp with an exhaust, we sell those too. We have been nothing but informative on the tC platform from the beginning. We have been called everything from scam artist to great guys either way we are still here. We offer the same support to each and every customer and non-customer who calls the shop with questions daily. We undoubtedly do not make every customer happy but we try our hardest. You can say what you will about our products service etc…. but stating that we are falsifying dyno numbers is simply bullsh$t. We have always told the community the good, the bad, and the ugly regardless of how it will affect our sales. We would like to think that people purchase parts from us out of support and not just that of a good deal. If we were only interested in selling turbo kits we would not have bought a third tC and then a TRD supercharger just to build parts for it.

I know that you are felling a little cocky now that you have your blower and the array of mystery parts that you continue to brag about. You have called out our customers numerous times on a test of acceleration. Well if you are for real I will take this race. My personal tC v. your highly modified tC. Name the place and the stakes but please make it worth the trip.

-Kenny
You obviously don't read well. I never stated your dyno results false. READ CAREFULLY I said you put the supercharger numbers up against a non stage 0 turbo kit. Your stage 0 kit does not come with the front mount or the other parts that were on that dyno that you overlayed with the supercharger dyno. 50 hp from an exhaust and intake YES you are on drugs Cocky you say no I'm just confident in my cars performance. I know I can take any stage 0 turbo kit equipped car the way my car is right now without even thinking about it twice. I never stated that my supercharged TC was highly modified either. Yes I have a few parts on my car that aren't avaiable to the public yet, but nothing to consider my car HIGHLY MODIFIED .I have no clue where you are dreaming this stuff up. Get some sleep,stop sniffing exhaust fumes, and give the people that have been waiting since the begining of the year for their kits what they paid for . Everybody wants to praise ZPI , but I bet 90% didn't have the lies told to them like I did by this company. I'll end this here. It just dosen't make sense to argue over the internet about things of the past. So I'll be a bigger man and step down .

just race the guy and settle the dispute. to make those sort of comments a step away makes all of us suspicious of your intentions here.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good to hear from you ZPI. Thank you. I can't wait to see the results.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And just so you all know... Anyone that has been impatient is put at the back of the list.. hehehehe.. Just playing...
One thing that this thread shows us is that competition will creat more, and better products... Keep it up. I think both ZPI and Munch have done alot for the Scion Community, now we just need them to get along and great a GREAT commodity to our community...

You guys all rock, and I cant wait to Break the crap outa that cap to put the smaller pulley on...

Oh and another question.. About the Intercooler.. are you guys planning to have the intake pipes come out through the vent holes? Or is this one gonna be a lil more hidden? Something I have been wondering, and something that doesnt need to be answered right away...

Thanks for your time..
Old 11-18-2005, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member

ZPI,
I'm definitly looking forward to the results. Most of us know better than to worry about what a few dissatisfied customers say, especially since you're offering a service that means a great deal to us. I wanted to know if you'll be selling pulleys with an ECU flash or some similar module that will adjust for the correct air/fuel ratio. Also, I wanted to know if these pulleys require a special tool to remove and install because myself and others are DIYers. It would be ideal to come up with a package that would tune the ECU with a basic safe tune that incorperates the right timing and recommended octane for the additional boost/heat so as to avoid any detonation issues. Perhaps a recommendation for a colder step plug wouldn't hurt either. I'm curious what are the diameters of the different pulleys (vs. the stock). I'm kind of curious what RPMs the Vortech is rated for. A buddy of mine has a Vortech SQ trim on his Mustang and has seen substantial gains with a pulley. In anycase, good luck with the dyno runs. I bet things will really get interesting if a good intercooler setup comes out. Perhaps a bigger crank pulley with a tiny S/C pulley could produce turbo-like results on pump gas through the S/C....
Old 11-19-2005, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ZPI is doing a good JOB.
i'm still waiting on the TC to break in 11secs.
:o)
Old 11-21-2005, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

any news?
Old 11-21-2005, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, hows the car running?
Old 11-21-2005, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like popcorn, do you charles?
Old 11-21-2005, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I do like popcorn, but I like cars who's ecu doesnt understand wtf is going on better.

Charles
Old 11-21-2005, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

what about caramel popcorn? or white-chocholate covered popcorn? still like the oblivious ecu? i think not. jk.

anywaiz, back to topic (or not)... i thought about this pulley and i ended up thinking of why this pully has to come from an aftermarket company at all. trd made pulley swaps (both smaller AND larger) for other superchargers, so why not this one? i have nothing against zpi making the pulleys- i mean it might as well be zpi if at all- but just wondering why trd didn't do pulleys for this s/c.

(ok, you can either reply to this, or go back to popcorn )

Quick Reply: ALL supercharged tC owners......We have something for you.