Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Alpha Werks Header installed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Alpha Werks Header installed!

first off I would like to thank alpha werks to take time to spend working with the scion community. i recieved the header yesterday afternoon, and we installed it the same day. the quality of the header is amazing, very solid design and welds are perfect. there is NO rasp what so ever! i do not know what everyone is talking about. taking out the stock headers was the hard part. but putting the alpha werks headers was a breeze. i did not have a problem having to aligin the header, it was a perfect fit. the only problem is, i stripped the 02 sensor off the stock manifold. im running a cel since i did not have time to install the 02 sim card that came with the header. power can be felt instantly! below 3k feels just like stock, after 3k the power just kicks in! you can really feel it. the car still sounds like stock not loud at ALL! i would highly recomend the alpha werks headers. i did not have a camera with me at the time of the install, but fuji and keith had one. i took a quick shot with my camera phone. i would like to thank justin, fuji, keith, mike for thier help. and to thank alpha werks to take thier time to sponsor us! love you guys! . thank you!

BEFORE

AFTER

Old 05-27-2005, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks pretty good to me...
Old 05-27-2005, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Alpha Werks Header installed!

Originally Posted by chicago_guy
first off I would like to thank alpha werks to take time to spend working with the scion community. i recieved the header yesterday afternoon, and we installed it the same day. the quality of the header is amazing, very solid design and welds are perfect. there is NO rasp what so ever! i do not know what everyone is talking about. taking out the stock headers was the hard part. but putting the alpha werks headers was a breeze. i did not have a problem having to aligin the header, it was a perfect fit. the only problem is, i stripped the 02 sensor off the stock manifold. im running a cel since i did not have time to install the 02 sim card that came with the header. power can be felt instantly! below 3k feels just like stock, after 3k the power just kicks in! you can really feel it. the car still sounds like stock not loud at ALL! i would highly recomend the alpha werks headers. i did not have a camera with me at the time of the install, but fuji and keith had one. i took a quick shot with my camera phone. i would like to thank justin, fuji, keith, mike for thier help. and to thank alpha werks to take thier time to sponsor us! love you guys! . thank you!

Congrats Chicago guy that looks damn good. I have the Alphawerk unit as well and im about to order the Injen Intake, i drive an auto so ill keep it in short ram format. Whst your next mod?
Old 05-27-2005, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im going to get my cat back done june 1st. i will post pics as soon as i get it installed. i am very happy with the header, and greatful that alphawerks sponsored me. im getting my alpha werks decals made, soon as peabe sends me the final product. I can tell you now careful when taking the O2 sensor out, and have a extra hand to help out.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is your car giving birth to a guy in that last shot?
Old 05-27-2005, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So all you have is the alphawerks header? No others mods right now? I really want to get one but like ive said before dont want to make it sound horrible.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im currently using it with the stock exhaust and it sounds just like stock. june 1st im getting my catback put in. i dont understand why others are saying that they have problems with their headers sounding raspy. with the alphawerks i have problem at all. and they look great!
Old 05-27-2005, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

this header looks like a really good unit. congrats on the mod dude. good luck
Old 05-27-2005, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thank you. i would go with no other than alpha werks headers.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

im trying to install my header right now but cant get the dang black brackets off. the ones holding the bottom of the stock hearders in place. what method did you use?
Old 05-28-2005, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we used a 1/2 socket wrench. it was all done by hand since justins air compressor went out. if its kinda rusted, use some wd40 and let it soak. i purchased my car back in feb ,since i live in chicago the bolts were kinda rusty.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do u drive a 5 spd? i wanted to get sponsored too buh i drive an auto..do u think alphawerks will sponsor me? or do they only sponsor one tC? if not, how can i get sponsored
Old 05-28-2005, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes i drive a 5 spd. i do not know i would contact them to ask. if you do not know the address it is www.alphawerks.com
Old 05-28-2005, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

k thnx
Old 05-28-2005, 07:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i cant tell from the pics, but did you connect the bottom of the alphawerks header to the black brackets? sorry for all the questions, i just want to make sure i do it right.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes. you should use the stock mounts to prevent damage to the headers. there is a thread on here that creative compacts did a install on a megan header. and they show out to take the stock bolt off the stock header.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for all the pointers chicago guy. once i got the one bracket off it was a breeze, took like 15 minutes. sorry for picture quality, here they are.....

Old 05-29-2005, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

n/p looks nice!
Old 05-29-2005, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I installed mine tonight and it's definately faster but it gave me the rasp that a lot of people have been talking about. It's a custom rear section with a Blitz Nur-Spec exhaust.

Quick Reply: Alpha Werks Header installed!