Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

ALPHAWERKS HEADER

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 03:07 AM
5 Year Member

Default ALPHAWERKS HEADER

Hi, I am new here on this forum, and I would like to know where can I buy the alphawerks header?
I just bought my TC 3 weeks ago and I hear alot of good stuff about alphawerks. I called them today and they told me that they do not sell retail, that I would have to buy it from one of there retailers. Can any one lead me into buying this header from one of there retailers. Thanks.

P.S How much are they because i saw it on there web site for $600.00 and i thought it was a bit pricey.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

got mine from streetsport industries off ebay for 425 shipped..they are an official dealer and located in TN...ordered late night and received it early morning next day
Old 05-03-2005, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any CEL on these? or does it come with fowler kit or what not?
Old 05-03-2005, 04:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LucidBD
any CEL on these? or does it come with fowler kit or what not?
waiting for my o2 simulator to come in from alphawerks.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

btw: you can only get the o2 sim with the alphawerks header
Old 05-03-2005, 04:42 AM
5 Year Member

No CEL here using the antifouler method and alpha werks header.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey if you brought in your tc with alphawerks header, and antifowler to the dealer, would they void your warrantee,
I dont really know what the antifowler does except to turn off the cel light, can this hurt your engine, sry if this is a dumb question
Old 05-03-2005, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

buy it from racing solution.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

At this time, I believe with the Special pricing Scionlife members get, our company has the lowest Price on the header.
CreativeCompacts.Com
Old 05-03-2005, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

CreativeCompacts... does it come with the O2 Simulator and how much?
Old 05-03-2005, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah does it i ordered mine and asked nexus but i didnt get a answer.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by fivepointnine
buy it from racing solution.
I have been trying to get in contact with racing solution all day they dont answer the phone!
Does any one know if he even has those headers in stock?

If not i will order from some where else.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

if the header doesnt throw a cel then does it void the warrantee? my dealer said something about the only way an aftermarket part voids the warrantee is if it throws a cel
Old 05-03-2005, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If your engine blows because of your header, then it voids your warranty. If the O2 sensor goes bad and they can link it to the header then your O2 sensor warranty is void. If something happens to your car and your header was not the cause, your warranty is fine.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hello to all...

On the headers...we have made a Smart Processor made specifically for our header. It is not an 02 simulator and it is not a trick. We have the processor that comes with its own board and apoxy to protect the temperature resistent casing.
We do not recommend any other system with our header. In fact we made these so that you would never have a problem with the CEL ever but maintain the functionality of the ECU. If you need one of these for the header please just give us a ring at 877-866-3987. The Processors are $20. That is our cost for the parts and 2 hours labor because we make all electronics in house to maintain stict quality control. We are not trying to make any money off these, we only want to give you the complete product so that you can be totally satisfied with our customer service as well as our quality. We have instructions for the install and it takes about 5 minutes.

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
Scionlife.com Product Support
Old 05-03-2005, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nexusindustry
Hello to all...

On the headers...we have made a Smart Processor made specifically for our header. It is not an 02 simulator and it is not a trick. We have the processor that comes with its own board and apoxy to protect the temperature resistent casing.
We do not recommend any other system with our header. In fact we made these so that you would never have a problem with the CEL ever but maintain the functionality of the ECU. If you need one of these for the header please just give us a ring at 877-866-3987. The Processors are $20. That is our cost for the parts and 2 hours labor because we make all electronics in house to maintain stict quality control. We are not trying to make any money off these, we only want to give you the complete product so that you can be totally satisfied with our customer service as well as our quality. We have instructions for the install and it takes about 5 minutes.

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
This may have already been answered, but does this 'Processor' fix this problem for other manufacturers as well? It makes sense to me that it would, and it would also make sense for Nexus to say that it won't work for marketing purposes.

Does anyone have a pic of this thing?
Old 05-03-2005, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Giravani
Hello to all...

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
This may have already been answered, but does this 'Processor' fix this problem for other manufacturers as well? It makes sense to me that it would, and it would also make sense for Nexus to say that it won't work for marketing purposes.

I would have to agree with Giravani, it should work with any system.

In reality tho, it's not fixing anything as Nexus states, it's still tricking the O2 sensor and the ECU. Without the first full cat, any other option is going to have to trick the ECU into thinking there is a full first cat. Am I missing something?

It certainly may be better than the antifouler trick, but that $6.00 trick has worked for years. I'm not understanding why some are getting the CEL still unless their O2 sensor is damaged or the ceramic pieces made their way back to the O2 sensor as others have speculated. But even then, that sensor is now an inch away from the exhaust pipe because of the antifoulers, so a piece of ceramic making a right turn into the antifouler up to the sensor is unlikely IMO. It very well may have lodged into the small opening of the first antifouler in the pipe. That would throw a CEL.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by jmiller20874
If your engine blows because of your header, then it voids your warranty. If the O2 sensor goes bad and they can link it to the header then your O2 sensor warranty is void. If something happens to your car and your header was not the cause, your warranty is fine.
your explanation is pretty good, but good use a few tweaks:

If your engine blows, and Toyota/scion can *prove* (they can't just state it, they have to be able to prove/document it) that the aftermarket header was the cause of rengine failure, the warranty on your *engine* is void. the warranty on anything else on your car would still be in effect.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionDad
Originally Posted by Giravani
Hello to all...

Victor D.
Nexus Industry

I would have to agree with Giravani, it should work with any system.

In reality tho, it's not fixing anything as Nexus states, it's still tricking the O2 sensor and the ECU. Without the first full cat, any other option is going to have to trick the ECU into thinking there is a full first cat. Am I missing something?

It certainly may be better than the antifouler trick, but that $6.00 trick has worked for years. I'm not understanding why some are getting the CEL still unless their O2 sensor is damaged or the ceramic pieces made their way back to the O2 sensor as others have speculated. But even then, that sensor is now an inch away from the exhaust pipe because of the antifoulers, so a piece of ceramic making a right turn into the antifouler up to the sensor is unlikely IMO. It very well may have lodged into the small opening of the first antifouler in the pipe. That would throw a CEL.
I'm going to pull out the anti-fouler tonight and check a couple things. There's no point in having it on there in the first place if the damn thing is still throwing a CEL, right? When I first disassembled my s-pipe, several ball-bearing-sized pellets of ceramic junk spilled out onto the garage floor. It wouldn't make sense for the pellets to somehow make it inside the antifouler and plunk around at the O2 sensor. No, something else is causing this, and I couldn't possibly imagine what else it could be.

Has anyone considered somehow masking off some of the vapor holes on the sensor itself to trick the computer? If we're backing the sensor out of the pipe with the non-foulers, I'm wondering if there's still just enough extra exhaust gasses making it into the sensor. Since a lot of us have intakes, the added flow probably makes the gasses run even hotter and in higher volumes, which could also be tripping the sensor.

Who the hell knows? I'll just have to buy the gimmick from Nexus and see if it really works or not.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whats bugging me is this thing is just stainless steel pipes and a piece of ceramic. Megan should have left the precat idea alone unless they had a QUALITY supplier.

Now the ceramic precat crumbles and that sucks because of the unknown harm it may have caused to the O2 sensor and the PITA taaking it off to empty it.. But, with that precat gone the header is now no different than a DC header or even Alphaworks. I believe all 3 are 4-1, I could be wrong on that. The antifouler should still work...unless it is clogged with ceramic or a bad O2 sensor.

I'll say this, The Alphaworks permanent fix is cheaper than a new O2 sensor.

You know, there is 2 different sizes of antifoulers....I think I used the 18's. I

Quick Reply: ALPHAWERKS HEADER