Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Alphawerks Header Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Alphawerks Header Pics

Hey guys i just came back form the dealer, they installed the header so the powertrain warranty should not be a problem, in addition i got that in writing . The header looks great the performance gain is instantly felt. My only complaint is that it sounds so raspy and crappy at higher RPMs. Hopefully there is a fix for this, such as midpipe or S pipe. Current mods are , Injen SES axle back, Alphawerks Header, Drop in fliter K&N, really considering the supercharger if it ever comes out. Overall this is a great powermod, throttle response is much better.The powerband appears to be lower and topend is much better and so is acceleration. Taking it to the Dyno this weekend.

Baseline 133hp 137tq. 4SP auto.

http://home.comcast.net/~miamiprep1/IM000387.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~miamiprep1/IM000388.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~miamiprep1/IM000389.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~miamiprep1/IM000390.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~miamiprep1/IM000393.JPG

Sorry about the bad pics all were taken at night. :D
Old 04-19-2005, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cant get to the pics...
Old 04-19-2005, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pics should be up now guys.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks great man.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe@Dezod
Looks great man.
thanks i just hope i can get rid of the rasp.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how about a sound clip? i have the injen exhaust and i want that header so can you post a clip?
Old 04-19-2005, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

nice any CEL?
Old 04-19-2005, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

those headers look sexy.. did you jus install them?

if so jus wait till the oxidize a little and gives off that blue color on the metal... now thats HOT!!
Old 04-19-2005, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks great...did it come w/gaskets??
Old 04-19-2005, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol what ever you do dont mix the 2 ,Injen axleback and the Alphawerks very nice powergains but sounds very raspy. Im going to install the stock muffler until a solution to appears such as mid pipe s pipe or whatever. No a new gasget the guy at the dealer put it on. Im going to get a soundclip soon however this soundclip will be from inside the car in motion. The exhaust sounds very different while the car is in gear.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

did it throw a cel?
Old 04-19-2005, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member

Hey what did the dealer charge for that to be installed? Did they give you a hard time about it at all? Looks nice cant wait to here about the dyno numbers.

How did you like the Injen axleback before the header was put on I am thinking about getting one.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

WOW that looks sweet... cant wait til' I get mine...
Old 04-19-2005, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks good, Who did you order it from?
Old 04-19-2005, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by VoLktc
did it throw a cel?
yup gonna get the antifoulers today.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Hey what did the dealer charge for that to be installed? Did they give you a hard time about it at all? Looks nice cant wait to here about the dyno numbers.

How did you like the Injen axleback before the header was put on I am thinking about getting one.
Got it from racingsoulutions, and no dealer did not give me hard time i just spoke directly to the service manager. It came out to about $90 with tax. but at least i have the peace of mind also got it all in writing.(No warranty issues, the only thing is that the header is my responsibilty if the header breaks i pay it)
Old 04-19-2005, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MikeJ

Sounded great now it sounds like a turd on wheels. lol midpipe should fix that.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What really makes the difference that amplifies the noise is the exhaust that is used. We have sound clips of us R+D'ing our Scion tC with intake, headers, full exhaust and it sounds really clean. If anyone wants to hear it go to this link:

http://www.alphawerks.com/dyno/scion_tC_dyno.htm

Also I would recommend that you use our "Smart Sim" for the tC. This in actuality is not an O2 Simulator per se. I am not saying this to make money on it, we provide these processors at our cost $20. The Smart Sim as a project we took on purely to satisfy the desires of the customers who were using them everyday and wanted to avoid the CEL the right way. I am just saying this if you want to avoid issues with the car and CEL by doing it the best way and we are not making money on this.
To give some more detail on the "Smart Sim"...

It is not a "trick" or a "rig" it is a proven 100% processor that works in conjunction with your ECU.

It is not an O2 simulator, its a "Smart Sim." It has a processor that reacts to what the ECU sees. It is a basic "what if," response. The Smart Sim has a programmed reponse for ex: "what if the Smart Sim gets X reading" well then it will send "Y signal to the ECU." That way the none of the other ECU functionality will be compromised.

Best regards,

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
scionlife.com Product Support
Old 04-19-2005, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nexusindustry
What really makes the difference that amplifies the noise is the exhaust that is used. We have sound clips of us R+D'ing our Scion tC with intake, headers, full exhaust and it sounds really clean. If anyone wants to hear it go to this link:

Also I would recommend that you use our "Smart Sim" for the tC. This in actuality is not an O2 Simulator per se. I am not saying this to make money on it, we provide these processors at our cost $20. The Smart Sim as a project we took on purely to satisfy the desires of the customers who were using them everyday and wanted to avoid the CEL the right way. I am just saying this if you want to avoid issues with the car and CEL by doing it the best way and we are not making money on this.

It is not a "trick" or a "rig" it is a proven 100% processor that works in conjunction with your ECU.

It is not an O2 simulator, its a "Smart Sim." It has a processor that reacts to what the ECU sees. It is a basic "what if," response. The Smart Sim has a programmed reponse for ex: "what if the Smart Sim gets X reading" well then it will send "Y signal to the ECU." That way the none of the other ECU functionality will be compromised.

I dont know if any of you are Toyota Supra guys or not, but Lance of Toyomoto 1000+hp Fame was on our R+D team (If you know his reputation his tell you how much they cost us to put them together) for the Scion tC Smart Sim so if you have any other questions on its quality, durability, functionality I can go to him on the questions.

Best regards,

Victor D.
Nexus Industry

Yes i sent you a pm regarding o2 sim i have to call the number you gave me to order it. But in the meantime im putting back the stock exhaust . Also using the antifouler in the meantime. What i question is the wire splicing necessary to use the sim.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by acasanova
Originally Posted by Nexusindustry

I dont know if any of you are Toyota Supra guys or not, but Lance of Toyomoto 1000+hp Fame was on our R+D team (If you know his reputation his tell you how much they cost us to put them together) for the Scion tC Smart Sim so if you have any other questions on its quality, durability, functionality I can go to him on the questions.

Best regards,

Victor D.
Nexus Industry

What i question is the wire splicing necessary to use the sim.
Yes its funny how this particular question remains unanswered.

Quick Reply: Alphawerks Header Pics