Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

ARK Exhaust system N2, DT-S ver. prototype arrived !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

True..true. I hadn't seen that till now.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ptuning.com has it for $490 shipped. Price is reasonable as long as it doesnt burn the bumper like the Megan.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ARK is very nice..imma get one of those systmes!!
Old 04-12-2006, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

A hell of alot better than $700 dollars! Thanks alot but is that the n2 or dt-s there trying to sale?
Old 04-12-2006, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Idk.

http://www.ptuning.com/html/search-r...d=ark&cmbYear=
Old 04-12-2006, 03:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
The D2 version looks identical to the Megan Catback. But it is still have the price of yours... $350 shipped.
Looks identical... But it is different. Quality, sound, technical, all different.

It does looks identical because TC pipe is only way to get thru . So it does looks identical. Soccer ball & Valleyball looks identical, but it does diffent funtion... lolz
Old 04-12-2006, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is there a reason its so expensive? what does the kit contain? does it have a high flow cat? or is it literally a cat back? does it mount up to the stock cat? if it does, that pretty nice..but i mean, that sux...cuz you have headers, s-pipe and then it goes to the stock cat, and out a great exhaust?
Old 04-20-2006, 04:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blackonblacktc
is there a reason its so expensive? what does the kit contain? does it have a high flow cat? or is it literally a cat back? does it mount up to the stock cat? if it does, that pretty nice..but i mean, that sux...cuz you have headers, s-pipe and then it goes to the stock cat, and out a great exhaust?
YES...It is different and it is literally a cat back. And once we have system ready, we will sponsor some TC forums members. compare all Quality , Sound, Performance. not just a price.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wasnt mocking your set-up one bit, so please dont assume that i was. when you say sponsor, what do you mean? i would be interested in purchasing an N2 system from you guys, as long as the deal is good. here is my car so you can think about it:

Old 04-20-2006, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

i bet that exhaust would look the best on flint mica (both of the exhaust) for some reason i cant see them lookin good on BSP haha beat you to that one BOBtC

lol nah but that N2 exhaust is killer. i like it more then my HKS.... too bad its twice as much...
Old 04-20-2006, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok im kinda confused....maybe its my noobness..

but i have a question.....

does this come with a new cat or will we have to cut the stock pipe and hook it to there?

if thats the case....so the piece of pipe from the flange of the s-pipe to the catback will stay stock?
Old 04-20-2006, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

i like that dts muffler....will it fit to the megan racing midpipe? or is there an ark midpipe which gets rid of the 2nd cat?
Old 04-20-2006, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by arkracing
YES. ARK Exhaust system is high quality system. We're very strong with NSX, Corvette, and Hyundai line products. We're mostly dealing with JDM manufactures making OEM label almost 15years. And there is great name brand exhaust system manufactures included.

No. both specs exhaust systems uses pipe CLAMP. Just for front pipe connection with CAT, rest pipe uses flanges. The reason we're cutting pipe after CAT is state EMISSION TEST, most US state requires cat. And it does prevent loud sound from exhaust system.
Nobody read threads anymore? Yes you have to cut your stock Midpipe for it to CLAMP on, no welding needed.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Originally Posted by arkracing
YES. ARK Exhaust system is high quality system. We're very strong with NSX, Corvette, and Hyundai line products. We're mostly dealing with JDM manufactures making OEM label almost 15years. And there is great name brand exhaust system manufactures included.

No. both specs exhaust systems uses pipe CLAMP. Just for front pipe connection with CAT, rest pipe uses flanges. The reason we're cutting pipe after CAT is state EMISSION TEST, most US state requires cat. And it does prevent loud sound from exhaust system.
Nobody read threads anymore? Yes you have to cut your stock Midpipe for it to CLAMP on, no welding needed.
shesh....touchy touchy....hahaha
I just over looked that....thanks...

but my question still remains.....what about the pipe between the s-pipe and the cat?
Old 04-20-2006, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chubster41
shesh....touchy touchy....hahaha
I just over looked that....thanks...

but my question still remains.....what about the pipe between the s-pipe and the cat?
Sorry didnt mean to come across that way, I forgot some smilies.

Yes the OEM flanged portion conecting to the Spipe and the Cat will need to be retained. You can still get a new Spipe from ZPI, Megan, CC, and it will work.

Old 04-20-2006, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok thats what I wanted to know....cuz right now I have the draxxas s-pipe and then the stock pipe then the cat the the rest os custom piping for my exhaust that I have right now.

I just wouldnt want to have the s-pipe being 2.5" and the that stock piece then this 2.5" catback exhaust system
Old 04-20-2006, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I understand what your saying, I dont think it would flow to well either.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah that my only concern...cuz then to dish out more money to have bumped up to 2.5".......

not looking forward to that
Old 04-20-2006, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

so basically i guess its the s pipe that has the 2nd cat.

so if i get a megan racing s pipe itll bolt up just fine with the mid pipe and axle back portions?

that way i wont have the 2nd cat, sorry if im asking dumb questions im trying to figure it out
Old 04-20-2006, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by travisallenn
so basically i guess its the s pipe that has the 2nd cat.

so if i get a megan racing s pipe itll bolt up just fine with the mid pipe and axle back portions?

that way i wont have the 2nd cat, sorry if im asking dumb questions im trying to figure it out
Yes, the Megan Spipe will bolt up, because you are retaining the stock cat and flange portion of your OEM midpipe. The RED is what needs kept and cut, and the BLUE is what the ARK replaces.(everything after the OEM cat in the midpipe) The ARK just needs to be Clamped not welded. Its a simple and legal exhaust system.

Quick Reply: ARK Exhaust system N2, DT-S ver. prototype arrived !!