Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Bosch 110s; im a believer

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
I will deffinetly consider this. Are there any downsides to replace the stock one?
as far as I know there isnt a downside. There is a positive which is that the car is going to respond better because from what i hear....the one that comes stock is not very good. Once again...from what I hear..... it pretty much always is leaking boost (which means that its always losing power) so this new addition is something that I would love to see dyno'd. I wish ZPI would dyno this part like they said they were going to. If I had to guess, I would say that since they might be falling behind a bit, they dont want to dyno a part that they arent selling (because everybody would buy it elsewhere while they dont have it in stock).
Old 11-30-2005, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey guys... Just wanted to let you all know that I will have my Bosch 110 on either Thursday or Friday. Then I will be getting my ZPI pully on the next Wed or Thurs, and that Saturday (Dec 10th) I will be dynoing my car.

I will try and get 2 pulls how I sit now, S/C, Intake, and custom 3" header back exhaust.. Then I will put the bypass valve and the pully on and take 2 more pulls.. I am hoping that someone will have a video camera, as to the fact that I do not have one, but I will have Dyno sheets, and pics from the whole ordeal.. I am hoping to answer some peoples questions with these dynos...
Old 11-30-2005, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

All these nice parts coming out for the SC setup is making me start to change my mind about a ZPI turbo...
Old 11-30-2005, 02:41 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Cant wait to see the dynos.

You can afford all this work on the car but cant drop 100-200 on a digital camera?? lol just messing with you
Old 11-30-2005, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh I got a Digital Camera.. I have a Canon Digital Rebel, but not a video camera.. lol..
Old 11-30-2005, 03:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You need a camcorder? you heard of the CVS one time use one? (sorry off topic, pm me)
Old 11-30-2005, 03:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by desertheat
As for the facts about the stock bypass, yes it is a nasty worthless peice of turd. When cold mine makes a honking noise when it is trying to seal around 3K rpm and is leaking boost until close to 6K when it finally sorta seals. Very very annoying. Cannot wait to pop mine in hehehehe

Only prob with joe hopping is the dorks ship only ups and it has taken the full 7 days to get to me. They could have used priority mail with delivery confirmation, saved a few bucks and got it to me in 1/2 the time.
Hey desertheat-

I know what you mean about Hoppen not shipping USPS. I guess it's too much trouble to take it down to the Post Office. I would have saved a chunk of change if they offered Priority shipping. And cause I live in Hawaii I had to have it shipped UPS 2nd day

I gotta say that the 110 does make a make a big difference in how the car pulls (thanks motozen for the heads-up). And I can't wait to see what numbers HighlanderMac puts down w/ the header back exhaust and the pulley.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

its crazy how everybody is talking about this bov - cant wait to see the dyno
Old 11-30-2005, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Like I said, I loved the 110s on my Audis and am so glad that they work with our kits. Amazing to me that so many mods I did to my other cars you can do to this cheap Japanese car lol. (i.e. hotchkis sways, 110, stoptechs....)

As the first to get a 110 and put it on the tC, as my original post states, this is a 'must do immediately' kind of mod. no joke. no hype.

another must do mod is taking out your HC filter. It is fast and easy and you can put it back in if you really have to do it.

I think the car breaths a little better with it out.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dammit.. i installed mine today.. i suck at telling any differences in cars.. i'm not really noticing much of a difference.. maybe i need to drive it more?
Old 11-30-2005, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmmmm you should definitely feel a difference at 3000rpm.

Take your 110 out and put in your stock 102 and notice how boost with the stock BPV slowly boosts at 4000rpm.

You'll see what we mean.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In all honesty.. when i got the supercharger installed.. when i first started hitting the gas i was like.. man.. this doesn't really feel much faster haha.. so maybe this is something i'm really just never going to notice haha i need a 100hp before i raise an eyebrow hahah
Old 11-30-2005, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

mabey your leaking boost somplace else..? Who knows... I did not do the flash so my car is up quite a bit on torque and hp and man does she feel tons more potent than stock. Rips the tires hard on dry pavement all the way through first in a straight line and about 1/4 way through second before traction takes hold. When the tires start to bite it sucks you in the seat pretty good! Glad so far I did not do the flash hehe
Old 11-30-2005, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

JT_Scion get on the dyno again so we can see upgraded BPV+ZPI pulley . who knows..you might've been leaking in the ZPI pulley runs..
Old 11-30-2005, 03:25 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by madigan923
mine should be thurs but im gonna wait for my ZPI pulley then put both on as well as my DC Sport headers. I cant wait... gonna make such a difference.
Just out of curiousity, how do you plan on installing a header after the supercharger has been installed. This is something I've been wondering. Is there a way to install an aftermarket header without having to take off the supercharger assembly? If there is a way to get the heatshield off, it should be no problem. The drive shaft for the supercharger seems to pin down the heatshield
Old 11-30-2005, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

See, ya should have installed it yourself haha. Yes you will have to remove the sc / shaft / pulley assembly to install a header.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:39 PM
Banned
SL Member

Crap! There HAS to be a way to do this without taking the assembly off. Its not that actual stock header that is so big. Its the heatshield. Oh well, I'll figure something out.

To all of those who have replaced with the Bosch Sport 110:

I am going to my local Saab dealership after work and am going to purchase this part. What do I have to do to install this. Is it a "plop old on off, plop new one on" type deal? Can some please tell me how to do it? I want to change it in the Saab dealership parking lot as soon as I get it. Thanks!
Old 11-30-2005, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Plop off, plop on. 100% identicle size wise to the original. You may have to remove the intake tuba to get to your original.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by desertheat
See, ya should have installed it yourself haha. Yes you will have to remove the sc / shaft / pulley assembly to install a header.
No you don't I did mine after I put my supercharger on. You just have to move the alternator out of the way and take the stud out of the old manifold. The one on the top.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

you took it out with the heatsheild in place and bolted in? Wow that must have been really interesting and totally not fun.

Quick Reply: Bosch 110s; im a believer