Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Bosch 110s; im a believer

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 08:13 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by motozen
give me a link to that thread.... I need a good laugh.
The thread just got locked but its

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...395&highlight=

And he says everyone says it so. I thought maybe i was uneducated about a BPV and I was the only person in the world that disagreed with him.

On another note, I stopped by advance auto parts today and didnt have the part number with me, but the guy behind the desk had no clue waht a bosche 110 BPV was. I was just curiouse of price. I am getting the one from the link in here.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:15 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Scion-ce
Originally Posted by duston831
difference between bov and bpv = ? besides the obvious
Ok, i'm going to clear this up.

A bypass valve is designed to leak boost. I know this sounds stupid, but is true. Those of you that are complaining about leaking boost need to know that it is supposed to do that. It works like a spring. When the spring is fully compressed, it is completely open. As boost builds, it leaks in increments until max boost is achieved. Once full boost is achieved, the spring is completely compressed, therefore "blows off", whatever you wanna call it. By upgrading to the Bosch Sport 110, all you are essentially doing is replacing with a bpv with a stiffer spring. Meaning it hold more boost before it starts to leak.

The difference between a bypass valve and a blow off valve is this: A BLOWOFF valve HOLDS boost until max boost is achieved, and then PSSHHHHT! Thats why you get that noise.

With a Bypass valve, it DOES NOT HOLD boost, but rather releases little by little. Once max boost is achieved, all boost is released. That is why it takes so long to reach boost with the TRD blower. Because, while you are building boost, the bypass valve is slowly releasing some of it. Obviously it doesn't release as fast as it builds. But you get the picture of why its takes so long to reach max boost or even "FEEL" the boost.

The Bosch Sport 110 releases less boost than the stock bpv because of a stiffer spring. Max boost is achieved sooner. That is why it "FEELS" faster. It changes the power curve completely.

I hope this clears things up
Thanks for the info. I didnt completely understand it. So are there any downsides to the Bosche BPV and having the boost come in quicker with it?
Old 12-01-2005, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
On another note, I stopped by advance auto parts today and didnt have the part number with me, but the guy behind the desk had no clue waht a bosche 110 BPV was. I was just curiouse of price. I am getting the one from the link in here.
You gotta get them from audi or saab dealers. There are also places to order online. But it isn't something you'd normally find at a regular auto parts store like pep boys, etc..
Old 12-01-2005, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

give me a link to that thread.... I need a good laugh.
The thread just got locked but its

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...395&highlight=

And he says everyone says it so. I thought maybe i was uneducated about a BPV and I was the only person in the world that disagreed with him.

lmao that was funny! If you are listening to a fella that is named Woodyear you have problems lol what a goon. He has no clue what planet he is from.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wahoo, I just found out that I can order these guys from my work place for ...lets just say cheap...damn, too bad i dont have a supercharger in my tc...

hmm, my work place might be able to get you guys a better deal then 50 bucks a peice too...part # 06A145710N

If you live near a Distrubitor name Factory Motor Parts go ask bout it..you have to special order it, but it's worth it..
Old 12-01-2005, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by desertheat
it is a hydro carbon filter... not sure why in the world they wanted it there but yes that is it.
Thank you.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BubbaNoy
wahoo, I just found out that I can order these guys from my work place for ...lets just say cheap...damn, too bad i dont have a supercharger in my tc...

hmm, my work place might be able to get you guys a better deal then 50 bucks a peice too...part # 06A145710N

If you live near a Distrubitor name Factory Motor Parts go ask bout it..you have to special order it, but it's worth it..
710N is a crap BPV. I've tried them in my audis. That is why they are probably cheaper.

Make sure the ending number is 110. 0280142110
Old 12-02-2005, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Sorry about this but a quick question. Someone on the forum here says its proven that the BPV will give 20 WHP. This sounds not true to me. But is it possible?
20whp *LOL* I have it and all it does is enchance throttle responce hahahaha. after 5Krpm it feels the same!
Old 12-02-2005, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BubbaNoy

710N is a crap BPV. I've tried them in my audis. That is why they are probably cheaper.

Make sure the ending number is 110. 0280142110
ah...i see, thanks for the info, will check on that number when I get to work...been trying to find the original part # for the part..
the 710N was the only one I can find using google...
..lol..
Old 12-02-2005, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine just arrived today! But I'm at work til 9 (dealership hours suck). I hope I can install it myself. Tonight!
Old 12-03-2005, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just installed mine. 3rd is alot more fun, pulls so much sooner. great mod
Old 12-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Banned
SL Member

Can someone please do a quick DIY on this install? I know alot about my car, so no need to break it down in Laymen's terms. Just a quick 5 minute DIY. Thanks
Old 12-05-2005, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...218300#1218300