Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Bottom end motor builds

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 10:38 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by thendawg
Take it for what its worth, but Ive never broken an axle with 500+. However, my car isnt slammed, and I never really launched it hard, mainly all 40-60 rolls, along with a few track passes, but like I said, I never really launched it hard out of the hole.

So pretty much if i dont launch i could run the car at 500hp and not snap axles?

Id like to one day get the axles so i can get slicks for the front and really do some hard 2 steppin launches
Old 12-04-2011, 10:41 PM
SL Member

What is this balance shaft delete i hear about?
Old 12-05-2011, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Holy crap, search, read, learn. If you're asking this many questions, a motor build is not for you.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:28 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Spicy_McHaggiz
Holy crap, search, read, learn. If you're asking this many questions, a motor build is not for you.

mmmmm or not.. If scion life was able to create a better search engine i wouldn't be posting this many questions.. And when I actually find something using the search engine i find 1/10th of the info I'm really looking for. Due to my car not having the same set up as other common turbos on this website

So I'm not going to spend hours and hours and hours searching just to make u happy..... so u don't have to click on my post and _____ like a girl.You could just ignore it? Damn sounds pretty hard tho huh lmao
Old 12-05-2011, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

with money on hand, any of the performance shops on this site, will put it in motion for you. now you can lock this thread.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the balance shaft delete is necessary for higher hp targets in our cars. they will let go in time and destroy ur entire build. crush has a diy of which hole (oil jet) needs to be plugged up for this to work correctly. also from my understanding, this will also give you an increase in oil pressure. also if ur planning on doing ur own build, do urself a favor and make sure u send all necessary parts with ur block. i.e crank, bearings, pistons etc. this way when they machine it, they can make sure the tolerances are correct. also take into consideration that ur gonna have to file ur piston rings, which is very tedious work. my suggestion is when u take it to get machined, just let them assemble ur block. im also toying with this idea, but like u, i wanna be able to say "i built this"!
as for spicy, no disrespect, but negativity will get u nowhere. people ask questions for their own reasons, respect that. if ur annoyed at peoples inquiries, dont read or post and bash theyre thread.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scionlife is indexed by google, which is a MUCH better search engine than the one on the site. Just use a query like this on google, it will help you find alot -

site: scionlife.com "built motor"

Instead of built motor, replace the part in quotes with whatever string you want to search for.