Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Brotha needs help with his crazy baby

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Brotha needs help with his crazy baby

I know this has been discussed before,however im still not getting a clear answer.I have an 07 automatic transmissions.My main question is, why do i feel my car jerk when its upshifting during light acceleration(in fact any form of acceleration).I have tried so many different ways to get it to shift smoother by changing my style of driving.I don't speed,yet the only way to gain smoother shifts is to start off so slow that im holding traffic up.I have checked the tranny fluid,and had the dealer do routine maintenance on my car and said it was fine,however the shifting bugs me.I know about the ECT-I,but im not even a performance oriented driver,so why would it learn to driver like im from the FAST AND THE FURIOUS??In addition to that,i have reset the ect-i by unplugging the battery.

Another question .....why does the car JERK forward after i slow down and accelerate back up again.I mean come on im barely touching the gas pedal.

Please help....
Old 08-07-2007, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe you still need to get use to the drive by wire system?
Old 08-08-2007, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it is probably the same problem we stick drivers have to deal with on this car... the engine mounts. Hell, Ive had my 07 for a year now and it is still *extremely* difficult to get a consistently smooth shift from 1st to 2nd - and I experience a great deal of jerkiness in 1st just driving around parking lots to this day. thankfully that will be over soon, as those pesky mounts will be replaced for the speed-source ones soon (right after i get far better tires and perhaps new rims to go with them).
Old 08-08-2007, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

matter of fact the only time I seem to be able to get that 1st-2nd shift consistent is when I *am* accelerating hard