Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

CAI rubbing on inside of fender

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Both automatics and manual transmissions will experience a little low-end torque loss with CAI's, but it's not even that noticeable.. then again, it makes up for it when you get past 3k RPM. so who cares..

As for rubbing against the fender, I haven't experienced it, YET. don't know why.. but it seems like the installers who took out their front bumper doesn't notice the fender rubbing, like me.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

hey not to hijack the thread or anything, but has anyone with the INJEN CAI have any problems with the CEL? i went over some railroad tracks (i dont wanna say that i was goin over them hard, cuz i try not to anyways) right after i installed it and it was goin good untill i went over the tracks. do you think i knocked somethin outta place or would the CEL have gone on anyways?
Old 08-01-2005, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
hey not to hijack the thread or anything, but has anyone with the INJEN CAI have any problems with the CEL? i went over some railroad tracks (i dont wanna say that i was goin over them hard, cuz i try not to anyways) right after i installed it and it was goin good untill i went over the tracks. do you think i knocked somethin outta place or would the CEL have gone on anyways?

I have yet to experience a CEL. And I have converted to SRI, and then back to CAI. And I still run fine. I have came upon a little vibration against the fender hole. And I did have the rubber pieces that came with the Injen intake. However, they did not stay in place, and now are gone. For a temporary solution, I just put some electrical tape on the fender where the intake was vibrating. I think I'm going to go to Home Depot and find some little rubber adhesives.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

I have yet to experience a CEL. And I have converted to SRI, and then back to CAI. And I still run fine. I have came upon a little vibration against the fender hole. And I did have the rubber pieces that came with the Injen intake. However, they did not stay in place, and now are gone. For a temporary solution, I just put some electrical tape on the fender where the intake was vibrating. I think I'm going to go to Home Depot and find some little rubber adhesives.
did you notice a difference, between SRI and CAI? and did they sound different?
Old 08-01-2005, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

did you notice a difference, between SRI and CAI? and did they sound different?

At first I was in CAI mode, then converted to SRI and drove a while (like a month) and at first I couldn't really tell that there was a difference (in sound anyway). But then I converted back to CAI, and realized that in CAI mode, it seems to be a little deeper in tone. Either way, they both sound mean, but when in CAI mode, it just seems to have a deeper tone to it.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member

Default K&N rubbing fixed!

I had the same problem with the rubbing. My Tc is an auto also and I took the bumper off and everything, then after a few days came the rattling....Fixed it with the rubber door edging used for people who like to hit other peoples cars with their car doors. Put that on the upper fender edge, then tightened the seal further with some thick padded velcro strips. Short and sweet fix!
Old 11-13-2005, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IT IS important to toss a 3" rubber coupler where it sits in the fender during the install. It will prevent rub and stabilize for future breaking. Yeah they do not include it. $5 at autozone next to the homo intake parts.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by VoLktc
hah wanna hear some poopie? my vibra mount is fine BUT the metal mount (oem) broke right after the weld, i fixed it with some epoxy and then it broke (IN A DIFFRENT PLACE!!) right where the bracket goes up for the vibra mount ererljkasd;
the bracket by the battery on my tC snapped in half ....i'll take pics of it here soon
Old 11-14-2005, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

had same problem with another car.. you just have to put support on it like you did
Old 11-14-2005, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 11-14-2005, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dont be like me....support your intake! I forgot to do mine when I got it months ago ....OBVIOUSLY
Old 11-26-2007, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine broke in the same spot! What did you do to repair it?
Old 11-26-2007, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dr Isotope is selling a CAI fender mount for all types of CAI. Not that expensive and looks great in the engine bay. http://doctorisotope.com/index.php?o...d=25&Itemid=29
Old 11-27-2007, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn beat me to that doc isotop thing, but yeah get that or put some like tape and cushion there or something, put the injen in cai mode and open up teh little vents on the bumper for 100+hp gains
Old 11-28-2007, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

ouch, hope it doesnt happen to me! looks like ill be going to autozone and buying a thingy
Old 11-29-2007, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by VoLktc
hah wanna hear some poopie? my vibra mount is fine BUT the metal mount (oem) broke right after the weld, i fixed it with some epoxy and then it broke (IN A DIFFRENT PLACE!!) right where the bracket goes up for the vibra mount ererljkasd;

same thing happen to mine, the lil bracket for the mount broke...i thought it was inside the fender that had come loose till the other day when i saw the broke bracket...
Old 11-30-2007, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well i made a quick video of my rub or knocking fix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvXk3SO_kFw
Old 11-30-2007, 12:35 AM
SL Member

Dr. Isotope's fix ftw.

I had a major rattling issue with my Injen on my 07 when I had the intake. I tried everything to get it to stop. Installed his fender plate. BAM no more noise. Well worth it IMO. All of his products pwn.