Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Clutch/flywheel recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 05:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Clutch/flywheel recommendations

I have a 2006 tC. The clutch pedal is way stiffer than my bothers to push down. I think i may have an aftermarket clutch but im not sure. Back on topic hit has slipped on me before but only once like 8 months ago or i thought it did anyways. How would if my clutch is an aftermaket one without removing the trans? or do i need to remove to see what or if it is? I have the basic bolt-on mods: Weapon R header, a/m mid pipe, trd muffler, injen CAI things of that nature. I guess what im getting at with the clutch kit I was wondering what stage kit should i get 2 or 3? As for the flywheel since im there i want to go ahead and get a light weight one. I have been looking at brands and prices, I am just asking for advice and feed back on other peoples setups.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ran the Fidanza lightweight flywheel when I was N/A. Still have it now that I'm boosted. LOVED IT!!! Rev's much faster due to lower inertia. As for clutch, that depends on what you want out of your car: daily driver, street performance, track, auto x, etc. You have to figure that out first before you go swapping clutches and all. Anything above stock will have a stiffer pedal feel at first until you get used to it. Since you are still N/A, there really isn't any need for a heavy duty clutch (like anything above stage 1). You won't be making any serious tq to need it. Do your research on the different brands and talk to the manufacturer/reps.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alright thanks today I am going to start calling around to see what people have to say. I want to get it fixed really soon I don't want to drive my crappy jimmy around.