Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Clutch sticks to the floor

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gp1817
alright so its behind behind the firewall behind the strut mount,thats what i thought,so i should disconnect the clutch pedal from the rod first,then disconnect the lines to the mc,then unbolt it from the firewall,and take it out,then just put new one in,connect all lines first,then bolt to firewall,then connect the pedal to the rod,then after everything is hooked up and everything is done,bleed the clutch,until the fluid in the container starts to rise,or pressure within the clutch pedal....is this right
Yeah, except connect your lines last,after you bolt everything down. When bleeding, brake fluid level shoud not rise, it should go down the MC and lines. You will need to add some more fluid at some point.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Drey
Yeah, except connect your lines last,after you bolt everything down. When bleeding, brake fluid level shoud not rise, it should go down the MC and lines. You will need to add some more fluid at some point.

o ok,so once everything is done....bascially il need a buddy to bleed the mc,and with opening and closing the slave bleeder screw and playing with the clutch pedal in and out until firm,correct....
Old 06-04-2012, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^Correct. It might take a while for the pressure to build up when you start bleeding but it'll get there.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^Correct. It might take a while for the pressure to build up when you start bleeding but it'll get there.

alright,i just picked up a new mc,got a good deal online,oem replacement,so theres no determination,on how long this new one will last,cause i dont autox or race the car,im at 75k now,hoping ill last until 100k,i read that people,have these on stand by or have extras on hand,im just shocked,knowing that theres,no aftermarket ones available...but i can say,ive saw and felt symptoms weeks before it got stuck,i didnt even think anything of it,but even though,its works now,not taking a chance,of it getting stuck again....
Old 06-05-2012, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do i need a special bleed kit,or can i just purchase one,from my local store
Old 06-05-2012, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't use any. Just work with clutch pedal and bleeder valve at SC.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't use any. Just work with clutch pedal and bleeder valve at SC.
o..so you just opened it up with,lets say a wrench,,you didnt attach any hoses or anything to it,
Old 06-05-2012, 12:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hoses let you see air bubles coming out but they are not necessary. You bleed it until you see no more bubbles and the pressure is good. Just have your friend catching the fluid in the can as it coming out of bleeder valve when he opens it and you step on your clutch pedal.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hoses let you see air bubles coming out but they are not necessary. You bleed it until you see no more bubbles and the pressure is good. Just have your friend catching the fluid in the can as it coming out of bleeder valve when he opens it and you step on your clutch pedal.

ooo i see.....so when i ready to bleed,i push the clutch down to the floor,ill stay there,then he opens the valve,which fluid will come out,then he closes the valve after the fluid in the container goes down,,i lift up the clutch,and i repeat this until i get pressure in the pedal and there no bubble.....but i will have to bleed until no bubbles,once no bubbles,i get pump the clutch until i get pressure
Old 06-05-2012, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, open valve--->clutch in--->close valve--->clutch out. Do it by hand until you have pressure then you can use your foot. Keep an eye on the fluid level. Now that you got it all down give us a big favor take some pics and write DIY for MC What do you say?
Old 06-05-2012, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, open valve--->clutch in--->close valve--->clutch out. Do it by hand until you have pressure then you can use your foot. Keep an eye on the fluid level. Now that you got it all down give us a big favor take some pics and write DIY for MC What do you say?

lol....im just really grateful of your help,you really out done yourself,tried to google and youtube this stuff,but hard to find,you would think,there would be a diy on here already,since,its a common thing,theres alot of stuff,that ive dealt with,little things,thats no info on this site for...i will try to get pics and what not,and try a diy,but if it would be anyone,you would be the best at it,god for bit,i leave out a detail or word it wrong,and mess something up,you know,if it werent for you,i would be lost...people like,that make life easier...
Old 06-05-2012, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can apply DIY you can find to your scion.Locations and parts may look different but they all operate the same. I can do DIY but it will have limited pictures. I'd like to do one showing thedetails like inside parts of both cylinders and also damaged seals. Take some pics so we can make one good DIY, otherwise we'll have to wait until mine goes bad again, which is another 45-50K miles hopefully lol
Old 06-05-2012, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can apply DIY you can find to your scion.Locations and parts may look different but they all operate the same. I can do DIY but it will have limited pictures. I'd like to do one showing thedetails like inside parts of both cylinders and also damaged seals. Take some pics so we can make one good DIY, otherwise we'll have to wait until mine goes bad again, which is another 45-50K miles hopefully lol

im def gonna take pictures,i always do,once im all done and with pics,ill do a thread,and im sure mods will sticky it...but its def a must....if there would i been one,i wouldnt have botherd you with a billion questions lol...