Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

creative compacts spipe with i/h/e

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 06:56 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Default creative compacts spipe with i/h/e

hey sup guys this is taek again

and i just installed my spipe that i received from creative compacts 3 days ago. i didnt have time to install it till tonight so yeah.

now when i first got it, i was a little skeptical bout it. it was liek wow this spipe can add 4hp huh? and give better response mMm... and i started wondering if it would make any sound difference. well

first thing's first. a 4 banger is a 4 banger, you'll always get rasp. wit this spipe though, its very very little.

and second thing taht i noticed is that when i turned on the car right afte ri installed it
theres this deeper more musical tone to the exhaust tone. before it sounded good and it was annoying. oh yeah i have the HKS hi-power if no one knew. it sounded good wit my DC Sports 4-2-1 Header but with this spipe, it kinda sings now.

now the best part of what i liked about the car is the response in low rpms.
for exmaple...1000-3000k on 4th gear goin... 40 mph...i barely tapped the gas pedal and the car goes. thats good.

in addition to that, the power band is alot faster when you accelerrate but when you let go of the gas it comes down slwoer so you don't lose any power if you're shiftign fast. which is very good.

so iono go get yours, i think its worth it.

installation was good aand easy. the only trouble i had was tightening the upper bolt next to the midpipe because of lack of clearance but evreything went out pertty well.

oh yeah i couldn't get my lift to go under my car cuz my car's too low so i had to improvise but its all good

yeah for 175 bucks...

rating from 1-10 i give it a 9.

-taek
Old 09-16-2005, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member

sweet man im planning on getting a full exhaust system so im gonan get me one of these for sure
Old 09-16-2005, 07:49 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

the only thing taht is missing to do is the midpipe. i plan to have a custom made one have it go all the way through so its a full straight pipe open... lol wonder how that will go

-taek
Old 09-16-2005, 01:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that will go loud and raspy that's how that would go lol
Old 09-16-2005, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just in the interest of 'fair and balanced reviews' couple of questions:

- Are you sponsored by CC? Now, ever, trying to be?
- Did you pay $175 for this piece or was it free/discounted?

That would be useful, I'm finding it tricky these days to seperate the real reviews and the reviews of people who get stuff free and then pimp it on boards to poor schmucks who then buy it.

Thanks.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am in no way sposored by CC and have their S-pipe mated to my Megan Header. Fit was per fect and the sound is great. I'll give it 10/10.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:38 PM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

no im not sponsored by CC, i dont like the guy in charge of CC, sounds like a big fat dick. but thats my opinion. anyways, its good. i'm not doing this review for CC cuz i like them or cuz i might be wsponsoored by them. this is fo sho.

-taek
Old 09-16-2005, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by taek
no im not sponsored by CC, i dont like the guy in charge of CC, sounds like a big fat dick. but thats my opinion. anyways, its good. i'm not doing this review for CC cuz i like them or cuz i might be wsponsoored by them. this is fo sho.

-taek
WOW!, just wow! That line is going to fetch you ALOT of hate mail. Do you have any understanding, the level of support James has on this forum?

Do you ever have hope of being sponsored by anyone? Because you have ____ed on every vendor you have ever had contact with.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ but atleast we now know the review is very ligit.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

-taek

?? Ya you are gonna get a lot of crap for saying that..and first by me. I don't think he has ever said anything that would convince you of saying something that ignorant except not get back to posts and emails in a perfect timely manner because he is busy. If that is the way you feel then keep it to yourself.

You are very rude.

On another note- I haven't kept up much on the anti-fowler issue partly cause I don't have the time to worry about it BUT...I just took this s-pipe to a friend of mine and in the midst of discussing it he told me that he put the antifowler on the O2 sensor in the s-pipe NOT in the header. Inintially I know that people were doing this and they were getting the CEL afterwards. He has not had one since he did that...SO if you have the header and can't get rid of the CEL, put the anti-fowler in the s-pipe instead of the header.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

-taek
Old 09-17-2005, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lvnurs9
On another note- I haven't kept up much on the anti-fowler issue partly cause I don't have the time to worry about it BUT...I just took this s-pipe to a friend of mine and in the midst of discussing it he told me that he put the antifowler on the O2 sensor in the s-pipe NOT in the header. Inintially I know that people were doing this and they were getting the CEL afterwards. He has not had one since he did that...SO if you have the header and can't get rid of the CEL, put the anti-fowler in the s-pipe instead of the header.
You're ONLY supposed to put it on the S-pipe. Never on the header.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no im not sponsored by CC, i dont like the guy in charge of CC, sounds like a big fat dick.
if you want to be respected and taken seriously, don't act your age. that's just ridiculous and disrespectful.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by matty-tC
Hey matt, explain please
Old 09-17-2005, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The sensor on the header is a wideband sensor. If it fails, you will be in limp mode with a CEL. The sensor on the S pipe is a narrowband O2 sensor intended to validate the operation of the cat in the header. When you remove the cat, the narrowband stops telling the ECM the cat is good, so it sets a code and lights the CEL.

If the wideband isn't working, the entire fuel correction process is stopped, and the engine runs in a very limited mode and does not make anywhere near the power it should. There are LOTS of reasons for this, and this post is too short to dive into them all.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:05 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

lol i had a long personal talk with james from CC so don't worry about it.

tahts my opinion on him, i can have my own opinion right?

-taek
Old 09-17-2005, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050
Originally Posted by matty-tC
Hey matt, explain please
read what lo_bux_racer said and add this: don't do it! don't put it on the header! it uses that sensor to adjust the air fuel ratio. if it reads too low it will lean your car dangerlously low (or toss a CEL and defeat the purpose).
Old 09-18-2005, 05:35 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

do you guys want a vid? i can do one ... but iono if you guys would be able to tell the difference through a digital camerea....

and no i wont drive crazy anymore...

-taek
Old 09-18-2005, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

sigh...

for one... i dont agree with how you talked about james

2nd, if you dont like the guy or his company.... would would you support him by buying his parts? j/w... it doesnt add up
Old 09-18-2005, 06:46 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

i dont judge the company's products because of the person in charge. i think he's knowledgeable but i jsut dont like him personally.

-taek

Quick Reply: creative compacts spipe with i/h/e