Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Custom intake PICS !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Don't take it too personally - there are some well-meaniing people and some prix too. Shrug it off and learn from it.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:35 AM
5 Year Member

Yeap, all comments are welcome I understand some products are better than others but if it works and doesn't damage my car I'm happy for now, I'll just have to save more money to get better mods.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member

Yeap, all comments are welcome I understand some products are better than others but if it works and doesn't damage my car I'm happy for now, I'll just have to save more money to get better mods.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no, i bet everyone was joking here.het if it does the same thing as those expensive intakes do then screw it leave it.there isn't a rule that states all mods have to look appealing.as long as it does the job.i bet your concoction was easier to install than that damn injen cai
Old 03-06-2006, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no, i bet everyone was joking here.het if it does the same thing as those expensive intakes do then screw it leave it.there isn't a rule that states all mods have to look appealing.as long as it does the job.i bet your concoction was easier to install than that damn injen cai
Old 03-06-2006, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice two double posts in a row.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like it, been looking on how to fabricate my own intake congrats on doing it. Personally I think things like a cai from a company is grabage come on 250 for a piece of metal with a filter at the end when you can make your own for 10-15 dollars. Maybe 1 or 2 hp less then injen but always can be fixed up with a cutom ram air or a heat shield. I duno just my opinion.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree, whatever gets the job done. But on the other hand, intakes in generall aren't exactly gonna be giving you neck snapping gains. Waste of money in my opinion.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice smilely guy
Old 03-06-2006, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks
Old 03-06-2006, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member

I just got an email form the guy who was going to sell me the Injen CAI and he is not sure how to ship it and want more time so I think I'll keep this custom SRI for now, it works fine and sounds good ! and the best part is that I didn't have to pay a ton of money for it !
Old 03-06-2006, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think it looks good!

-THE DON
Old 03-06-2006, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Like I said....unless you drive with your hood open, or your a show car who cares what it looks like, I doubt he is not making any less HP then a "brand name" SRI.....

why are you people so damn critical of others, i could understand, "damn, that is unsafe, i would not do that" but to bag on someone who is trying to save a few dollars is pathetic, if i remember correctly half the people on here if not more complain when something is too expensive, or they think they were charged too much.......
sad, really sad.........

honestly its not the route I would have gone, but I give the guy respect for trying....
Old 03-06-2006, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks man for the support, I was also reluctant to post this since I saw a past post about a guy who had an aluminum spoiler on his TC and was very upset about the coments on SL. Every body has different opinions about mods for their cars and if I'm not mistaken SCION is a brand created for people who wants to express their personality on theirs cars.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you are correct, the brand is ment to promote individuality

thier is alot of people on the lower end of the econmic food chain on this site and I dont say anything, because what I hear the most is complaints about how much something costs, sorry you have to pay to play the modding game.
I bet if your intake did not say APC nobody would have said a peep.

if you are intrested I have a HKS reusable highflow filter, i paid 80.00 for it, you can have if you want it, just pay for shipping and its yours......then we'll see what they say.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kilo6_one
you are correct, the brand is ment to promote individuality

I bet if your intake did not say APC nobody would have said a peep.

if you are intrested I have a HKS reusable highflow filter, i paid 80.00 for it, you can have if you want it, just pay for shipping and its yours......then we'll see what they say.

it looks like this

Old 03-06-2006, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Typhoon
I like it, been looking on how to fabricate my own intake congrats on doing it. Personally I think things like a cai from a company is grabage come on 250 for a piece of metal with a filter at the end when you can make your own for 10-15 dollars. Maybe 1 or 2 hp less then injen but always can be fixed up with a cutom ram air or a heat shield. I duno just my opinion.

I agree........I think its more hype then anything.
you can go to vibrant and buy all the tubing to make your own intake for like 75.00 including the silicone connectors, buy a k&n and your done, you could even powder coat it or paint it any color you want.
I have never bought a prefabbed intake, I have always made my own......but I go with the stealth look......ill post pics of my Tc when i get my intake finnished.
but basically its removing that rubber peice between the block and the stock airbox, powdercoating it black with black connectors, then running a black intake pipe from the box into the bumper with the actual inlet right in front of the lower grille.

i have done this with my other cars, not only is it stealth, but it works.....i have a drop in k&n filter that stays nice and dry, and i dont have to remove the bumper every time i clean it.......and it costs a fraction of a CAI.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you dont have to remove the bumper to clean the filter on an injen
Old 03-06-2006, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Did you reset the cel just after you installed it? Or you didnt reset it and it came on 2 days later? I heard cel will turn on when the MAF is too close to a bend, bottle neck or an opening/filter.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your post encouraged me to take action about my own intake. Ordered my aem dry flow filter and will install when it comes in.

Quick Reply: Custom intake PICS !!