Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

deep exhaust - a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default deep exhaust - a few questions

First - Does everybody agree that adding a new exhaust can not really void a warranty? I dont see what the dealer could say about "how that part caused the problem"

Second - what do you think is the deepest exhaust I could get? I liked my quiet car but a friend of mine just bought the Nissan Z and I want a meaner exhaust - like his.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i too was asking that question a few months ago, i found the exhaust from racing solutions i heard it and liked it when i put it on it sounds great it has a deep tone not as low as the 350z thats ok it does not have that civic cheap fartcan sound it is not to loud and sounds better as it wears in, it will sound sick when i get a turbo, it is a magnaflow canister with a 4 inch tip, some may not like the look of it but o well i like it and thats what counts,

Old 03-25-2005, 01:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Adding anykind of aftermarket exhaust voids the warranty, ask toyota if you dont believe me.

I have the TRD SS exhaust and that sound is great, its really deep and soounds like a V-6.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

warranty = OVERRATED!!!!!

for example: if you have a sunroof prob and they see you have an exhaust... how does that link up? it doesnt so toyota WILL cover you.

warranty is only voided if toyota finds that the aftermarket part you've installed caused the damage. hence USER ERROR isnt covered.

no offense to anyone, just wanted to make it clear
Old 03-25-2005, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

moved...
Old 03-25-2005, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hahaitzskippy
warranty = OVERRATED!!!!!

for example: if you have a sunroof prob and they see you have an exhaust... how does that link up? it doesnt so toyota WILL cover you.

warranty is only voided if toyota finds that the aftermarket part you've installed caused the damage. hence USER ERROR isnt covered.

no offense to anyone, just wanted to make it clear
You are right, I should of explained better. But by putting on aftermarket exhaust your whole drivetrain is voided.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:26 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no its not. look of the magnusson-moss (sp?) act. if the part caused a problem, then that is not covered. if you slap a turbo on, and theres no problems, theoritically you still have warranty. this has been covered many times before. "search" can work wonders sometimes
Old 03-25-2005, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sexyscionlover
no its not. look of the magnusson-moss (sp?) act. if the part caused a problem, then that is not covered. if you slap a turbo on, and theres no problems, theoritically you still have warranty. this has been covered many times before. "search" can work wonders sometimes
They can say it caused it where does the it all start, they can say that the new exhaust caused more air into the compression and so on and so on, they can be ****** about it if they want, most of the time they wont.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Monarch
Originally Posted by sexyscionlover
They can say it caused it where does the it all start, they can say that the new exhaust caused more air into the compression and so on and so on, they can be ****** about it if they want, most of the time they wont.
If you're really worried then just keep your stock exhaust and bolt it back on if you need any serious maintainance done. What's the big deal? You guys are a little too paranoid. I've never had problems with warranty. Now if you go and try to plow through a river in your car and end up hydrolocking it, that's an entirely different story.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Any feedback on the borla catback?
Old 03-26-2005, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

adamstc - i have the same color car --- did you look at those aftermarket lights for the back? I didnt like them but they grew on me after a while.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

ah - i thought that was silver when i first looked at it. anyway - it looks something like that in that picture - did you see the lights?
Old 03-26-2005, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
Any feedback on the borla catback?
1. it's not a catback, it's axle back.
2. my roomate is a tech at subaru, and was one at benz. they will not void your warrenty unless the part caused the problem, i would imagine toyota works the same way
Old 03-26-2005, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

ah - i thought that was silver when i first looked at it. anyway - it looks something like that in that picture - did you see the lights?
Old 03-26-2005, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

http://www.tctunerz.com/store/produc...products_id=92
Old 03-26-2005, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

thats not a borla product. just a catback with a borla muffler. borla makes an axle-back system for the car, but a few sites had it listed as catback for awhile, i thought you were talking about that.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i was talking about that but I just saw that link 2min ago. I know what you mean but I have been busy the last few weeks and didnt know if they came out w/ new things since then (because I didnt see that product before). Anyway - how is the EVO pipe? I am almost positive that is a new product since ive last looked.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:36 AM
5 Year Member

Default Automatic car with exhaust

Will it sound like ___ (aka ricey) if i get an aftermarket exhaust for my automatic tc?

Old 03-26-2005, 03:36 AM
5 Year Member

Default Automatic car with exhaust

Will it sound like ___ (aka ricey) if i get an aftermarket exhaust for my automatic tc?

Old 03-26-2005, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

borla used to just make products for large engine cars. now they are shifting over to another market. ( i am real behind in times so this might have happened years ago) ..anyway. They have always put out a good product that generally sounds deeper with a grunt. Thats why I am asking what it sounds like on this type of car. If you put a borla cat back on a camaro it sounds great. BUt this engine setup is barely similar. I do not like that ricy sound but you are always going to get a lil bit of that with this type of car. The key is to set things up so its minimal but sounds better through the perfect product for your car. I am trying to do things the right way the first time so I am hoping people can point me to the right setup. I am planning on ordering my K&N intake within the next few days and want an exhaust that will match up to the Nissan Z's grunt ...if not better. The deaper sound when taking off sounds so nice. Thats what I am looking for because that is a realistic goal.

Quick Reply: deep exhaust - a few questions