Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Drag Turbo Needs a Stock TC

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 05:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by TeamMightyMiniz

So, it's obvious that you agree!

Not exactly...read it more. I'm stating i understand your point. im not agreeing w/ u.

If this is the deal they want to push... then they should REMOVE the term SPONSORSHIP.

Techincally its still a sponsorship. Its a partial sponsor..which comes in many shape or forms...apparently you seem to think that sponsor always means free...sponsorships have various types...IE say someone wants to sponsor you w/ a bodykit for a car, but need your car for r&d and u still get it free...its still a sponsorship.

It should read more like this...

DRAG TURBO....
ONE AVAILABLE AT WHOLESALE in TRADE FOR R&D

Is that so hard?

u do have a pt there but i see where they have their pt also. It's still a sponsorship. I believe they do have a tC already but the tC has a lot more work done on the motor and they want to have a stock tC to do the dyno runs and get some numbers from a more stock tC. The guy who posted this, i know him and he has a tC also, but his is already done from the ground up. He's the same guy who posted up free springs from B&G for a STOCK tC. I'm sure he's already got the goods for his ride, its the manufacturer wants a stock car to put the parts on and do some dyno runs.

Seems less MISLEADING than "partial sponsorship"

It's still a PARTIAL SPONSORSHIP. I'll spell it out again for you. Partial sponsorships come in many shape or forms...from super dirt cheap pricing to wholesale pricing...it all depends on the company doing the sponsorship. I've been partial sponsered where i get things at a very cheap cost and other partials where its a small discount cause its a rare part to begin w/ (project Mu brakes).

They would gain more public approval here... even here yes.
They would profit more... simply because they would have made a straight offer with little confusion. More people would be interested in an offer like that rather than saying it were "sponsored"

This is NOT drag posting this offer, its a person who knows them and THOUGHT that passing down an oppurtinity for someone else to come up a bit would be nice. learn to appreciate what someone does instead of knockin on people and youll see some cool results..you can just say no thank you or not post at all instead u want to turn it into a post war.

Drag, (a 4 year old company? I don't have any 411 on Drag) might need to invest in a better marketing program.

drags a very reputable turbo kit company. they use good quality parts on their kits and are known in other markets for having some of the top performing off the shelf parts. Drag HAS GIVEN FREE TURBO KITS OUT, but only to MAKE and MODELS they feel has strong aftermarket support from consumers...like i said the tC is most likely iffy grounds for them. if you actually read the post youd see where i said this before.

Good Luck...
oh yeah btw what u got on ur tc?

read in the box lol im to lazy to edit all that
Old 01-03-2005, 06:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Drag, (a 4 year old company? I don't have any 411 on Drag) might need to invest in a better marketing program.

Good Luck...
They have been developing turbos for Hondas since the mid 90's (maybe earlier). Their systems were used by several high profile racers such as Tony Fuchs of Cyber Racing.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:51 AM
5 Year Member

paying for a turbo vs donating PLUS paying a company , big or small, for R&D puposes is differant than buying a kit or custom...
agreed
Well think about it actually, your getting a turbo kit that will be in production for less then retail, your getting it installed and tuned for free what more could you ask for? How about saving $3-$4,000?

I think if someone is serious about turbo charging their car they would appreciate the offer because it gives them a chance to save money while getting a kit installed and tuned by professionals.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I understand FULLY all the differant levels of sponsorship.

The first post does not conform to the normal "Partial Sponsorship" format that I or anyone I'm associated with are used to.

That seems pretty...Simple. eh?

Again,
Good Luck
Old 01-03-2005, 06:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

When it comes to labor, its very rare to see a shop give it out for free.. Try getting a full sponsorship at an audio shop or body shop it's difficult.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Considering the risk that the R&D guinea pig is taking, I'd say that free product and install is the minimum deal that the guinea pig should take.

If that "small shop" blows up the guinea pig's engine what is the liklihood that they will pay to fix it?

Heck, some of these "small shops" have a hard time with reliably shipping products to customers who have already paid for them!

Caveat Emptor
Old 01-03-2005, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well greddy is up there along side with turbonetics.

and Gmoney, i went to NOPI Nationals in ATL GA, and personally talked to GReddy. I got a lot of info.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, it remains that they haven't replied on wether they would back the car for any damages that happen while the car is in their care. i think being the lab rat is a pretty big thing. so, i don't agree with the something for nothing that some of you keep bringing up.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well the price is not bad, the problem with this "partial sponser" is not the price, which is pretty good, its that they will take your car for 3 weeks and DRAG IT. and tune their turbo on your car. so you know, you have like 2000 miles on the car, after they have it, they put 500 but it will probably be liek 30,000 miles they just threw on because all the testing and dragging done to the engine.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's not that we're hating on the offer, we're just concerned that some kid is going to pay $2,000 dollars for some company to blow up his engine.

If they're serious about their R&D, they'll pay for all damages resulting from their R&D. That's fair. As it stands now, that isn't part of their deal.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:26 AM
5 Year Member

If this is the deal they want to push... then they should REMOVE the term SPONSORSHIP.

It should read more like this...

DRAG TURBO....
ONE AVAILABLE AT WHOLESALE in TRADE FOR R&D
I'm with this guy... That dog don't hunt.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank you
Old 01-06-2005, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member

Two things:
1. Drag turbo is actually a pretty big company who makes really nice kits. They are definately comparable to company's such as greddy ect.( i have owned and installed kits from both greddy and drag)
2. That cost of 2500 for the car you give a partial sponsorship to is ridiculous, I have purchased drag kits outright for less money than that..

Just my .02
Jay S.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heh what a ripoff.

I'm sorry but most/all people here NEED a car..and 3 weeks without a car is just worthless. Plus that price is just insane for R&D, AND there is obviously no warrenty to cover damages.