Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

DraXas exhaust rattle...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 02:23 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hear you on that. The overall design of the muffler would have been better if it was packed. The fact that it's hollow with the perforated tube just makes it a quick/cheap design. The s-pipe is great but the mid pipe would have been nice if it was flanged so that we could put on another rear section rather than just have it sleeved so it only fits a Draxas muffler. That's crap.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member

yeah that sleeved rear section sucks. im gonna try something real quick and see if it works.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member

never mind i might try it when its not raining. hopefully tommorow.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by IceNine
Hate to wake up an old thread, but I have a rattle right around 4k RPM.... anyone experience that?
I'm having this issue also. It's starting to annoy me. May go with a different exhaust because of it although I hate to since the Draxas was a tad expensive...
Old 10-17-2006, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Checksum
Hate to wake up an old thread, but I have a rattle right around 4k RPM.... anyone experience that?
I'm having this issue also. It's starting to annoy me. May go with a different exhaust because of it although I hate to since the Draxas was a tad expensive...
I really hope you guys dont just have that heat shield making noise ..... because I posted a writeup a long time ago about how to fix that ....take the back muffler off ... take the heat shield off ... look at where its rubbing .... bang the crap out of it ... put it back on ...put the muffler back on.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:42 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
I really hope you guys dont just have that heat shield making noise ..... because I posted a writeup a long time ago about how to fix that ....take the back muffler off ... take the heat shield off ... look at where its rubbing .... bang the crap out of it ... put it back on ...put the muffler back on.
I'll definitely check. I hope that's the case since I really like the way the exhaust sounds.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i had a rattle when i was at stop lights - did ^ that and im all set.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:12 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
Not in my case. The rear heat shield over the muffler is off completely and the rest of them moving up I have heat resistent foam packed behind it. All of the shields are bent away from the pipe. Mine is just the muffler housing itself.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I noticed that the day I took off my stiffy I began to have a slight exhaust rattle when I start the car in the morning.

It probably rattles after that also, but the car is so loud I can't hear it.

Anyone else having this problem with the full megan setup?