Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Draxas Scion tC Exhaust Kits Now In Stock!!! Free Shipping!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Those of you with a turbo coming... this is a great setup for an excellent performance increase... F/I makes the exhausts quieter if you are worried about it being too loud. I have heard this exhaust in person and it has a very nice tone to it
Old 06-02-2005, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

This exhaust doesnt sound anything like an angry bee nest. ;) All I can say at this time is, trust me. I've been in the sport compact scene for quite some time now, and I've heard my fair share of "fart can" and "Angry bee" exhausts.... and this isnt one of them.

Dynos... we are going to get Phillip back to the dyno so we can cmpare our numbers to the numbers being posted by other companies around the net and here on ScionLife...
Old 06-02-2005, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cat-Back or Axle-Back???
Old 06-02-2005, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcsciontist
Cat-Back or Axle-Back???
full catback including high flow cat
Old 06-03-2005, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Draxas_VP
This exhaust doesnt sound anything like an angry bee nest. ;) All I can say at this time is, trust me. I've been in the sport compact scene for quite some time now, and I've heard my fair share of "fart can" and "Angry bee" exhausts.... and this isnt one of them.

Dynos... we are going to get Phillip back to the dyno so we can cmpare our numbers to the numbers being posted by other companies around the net and here on ScionLife...
I actually feel a little insulted you would tell me that what I feel it sounds like, isnt correct. I have a very good sound system on my computer and to me it sounds like a bee's nest. Maybe you can post some kinda drive by clip, or REALLY open it up so we can hear how it sounds full throttle.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Am I missing something? Where is everyone finding a video/sound clip?
Old 06-03-2005, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

going to order my exhaust right now. just wondering-anyone who's bought it and installed it, how was the install? do i need to cut anything or is it just bolt on?

and where are those dyno numbers
Old 06-03-2005, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member

I am currently looking to purchase an exhaust for my tC. How will your set up be on a automatic transmission? Can the system be installed without the s-pipe?
Old 06-03-2005, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

just ordered my draxas exhaust. can't wait to get it and put it on. i heard that it's pushing only 4hp? how are the gains that little? supposedly the creative compacts full catback is giving 12hp. hopefully once the s-pipe is put on also, the gains will go up to 6-7hp.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:53 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Strictly Scionized
SL Member

I believe the 4whp is on a stock tC.... add an intake/header and s-pipe and you will make a lot more.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

This exhaust can be installed on a tC with an automatic transmission. This can also be installed without the S-Pipe being upgraded.

The gains from the Creative Compacts cannot be compared to the gains we saw. Creative compacts installed more than just the exhaust on the car between baseline and that dyno pull. Also, their Scion tC's stock dyno numbers were WAYYYYY below what is commonly seen everywhere else around the country. If we said that our stock dyno pull was at their numbers, then our exhaust kit would gain 12hp as well. ;)
Old 06-04-2005, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member

How many have obtainned your exhaust do far? Is it still going for 500.00
Old 06-04-2005, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

either way, i can't wait to get this thing. patience is definetely not a virtue i claim to have. need money, need parts, need more parts. when is the header from draxas supposed to be avail? is there any idea on price yet? i can't figure out if i should get the alphawerks or one of the others. i have an intake already, now that i bought the exhaust, the next thing i gotta get is the header. i've been trying to figure out which one to get for like the last week. i guess it's not really that much of a decision since almost everyone likes the alphawerks better. i wish there was another stainless steel one other than the 2 that are out.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Listerman
Am I missing something? Where is everyone finding a video/sound clip?

Im looking so hard and man im blind as a bat too i do not see the video or sound they are refering too.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're not alone. I can't find it either. And no one is speaking out, like it's some sort of secret.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

it seems the sound clip has been taken down. it was right on http://store.draxas.com/detail.asp?Cat=&Sub=&Item=530
Old 06-06-2005, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I removed the video clip because it was poor quality, taken with my digital camera, a short 15 second clip. Im waiting for Phillip to get me a new video that may actually be a fair representation of how our exhaust sounds. Either way, unless you have very high quality sound recording and editing equipment, a digital movie is not going to accurately reproduce sound.

We need 9 more to make the Group Buy Price effective. Once I receive all 10 orders, the kits will be shipped out that day. No credit cards will be billed until we hit the minimum of 10 orders.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Default New Video...

Just to let you all know I will be taking a new video some time this week to give you a better idea of how the exhaust sounds. Also I will be doing an updated dyno sometime this week to find out what the new numbers are. As for the sound... it definitely doesn't sound like the angry bee nest that one of you commented. Low res video and sound definitely cant tell you how it really is. All I can say is that it is a very nice sound. Updates coming soon.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

so let's say that i don't care about the group buy and i want the exhaust for the original $600 and free shipping. can i get it at that price immediately?
Old 06-06-2005, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What exhaust can did you use?

Quick Reply: Draxas Scion tC Exhaust Kits Now In Stock!!! Free Shipping!