Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Emanage Ultimate...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Emanage Ultimate...

Well, I just got my new emanage ultimate installed and operating properly. I liked the features of the old blue box emanage but this new one puts it to shame. Not only does it have all the standard features to control injectors and timing, but the new top speed limiter eliminator and the rev limiter alteration abilities are awesome. I can now rev my car to 7K rpms safely. This alone was enough for me since the stock gears are so short and the factory limit at 6250 is bothersome to say the least.

CHeck out this link for a write up and more features about the ultimate.

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/ult...res/index.html

Charles
Old 07-23-2005, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member

One thing Charles forgot to mention.....the surface of the unit is MIRROR shiny, you could shave in this baby, for those of you interested in the "bling" factor as well as performance this would look great flush mounted "show style" in the interior...
Old 07-23-2005, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Um, i thought the rev limiter was set to secure unexperience drivers, like myself from going past the limit and detonating the engine?

Also if the top speed limiter is gone....does that mean we can go past 127? Sounds a little dangerous but i would like it gone...cause the type s i rode going 140 was not that fast.

lol
Old 07-24-2005, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so how do you tune it? lap top?

it does not look like it has a display
Old 07-24-2005, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tune it with a laptop yes

and as far as the safety up to 7krpms.... got any dyno's with AFR's?

i'd be very skeptical that you would gain any power by going above the OEM rev limiter
Old 07-24-2005, 04:19 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds pretty cool for those with FI.

**edit**thanks for that dgHL

scott
Old 07-24-2005, 12:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The ultimate is coming with our stage 2 kits.

It's a nice unit, but somewhat overkill for certain setups.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

overkill I agree. for people staying NA, the original emanage would be just fine.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Joe@Dezod

Will it be an option on the Stage 1 kits?
Old 07-24-2005, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im not going to say that anyone is going to gain power on a NA car by reving the car to 7K. However it does give the car a lot more room to play with in the gears and will be exponentially benifitial on a F/I car. The stock ECU compensates for fuel above the stock rev limit but you can always adjust it on your own by adding or taking away duty cycle from the injectors.

Yes, the car will go beyond the 127 mark now. If I remember correctly the car was around 5K rpms at the stock speed limiter. Even with out it you were looking to be RPM limited to a mid 130's top speed. With an adjusted rev limiter the car should be able to top out in the mid to high 140's if not more. I havent been able to find out exactly what it will do as of yet.

There is more then enough fuel and the stock head is more then capable of reving to 7K. You are adjusting the stock rev limit, not eliminating it so the rookies needn't worry about just being able to rev to the moon. The stock injectors are at 67 percent IDC with all the stock settings. 370's are big for an NA 4 banger with a 6250 stock rev limiter.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm.. so if you set your rev limiter to 7k rpm, does that increase your top speed for every gear? ( stock 1st gear tops 30mph,etc) if not, then how does it help?
Old 07-24-2005, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Diluvium
hmm.. so if you set your rev limiter to 7k rpm, does that increase your top speed for every gear? ( stock 1st gear tops 30mph,etc) if not, then how does it help?
Of course it does. If your at 30mph in first gear at 6250 then you will obviously be able to gain MPH between 6250 and 7000.

Right now with our stage one kits at 6 psi we are bouncing off rev limiter at the finish line in third gear on the 1/8th mile track. With 800 more RPMS this wouldnt be an issue and the car could potentially gain a mph or 2.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by reign

Will it be an option on the Stage 1 kits?

I second that question.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It will not for a while at least. It costs much more money (double) and gives you more stuff than our stage 1 kit needs. It's just simply wasting money on the stage 1. Plus it's a different harness system all together, so our pre-tuned/plug-in systems are useless. Needless to say more R&D goes into that, so expect about a 6-700 price jump if we tried to include it, just for a higher rev limiter? I know it does some other small things, but for our stage 1, it's over done plain and simple.

The stage 2 almost needs it though but I'll get into thatt as more of the kit develops.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

definately need to rev higher...1st gear goes by way to fast with potential to keep going...same with all the other gears.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

Very nice buy. I'd purchase an Emanage computer (any one of the combonations or the ultimate) over something like the camcon.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hilow
definately need to rev higher...1st gear goes by way to fast with potential to keep going...same with all the other gears.
I worry about the engine. It has a rev limiter for a reason. If the motor is still stock, you shouldn't go much higher because things like the valvetrain weren't meant to rev that high on a consistant basis. Also, does anyone else notice the power falling as you approach only 6k? Our cams aren't meant for high revs. The car would probably be slower, granted the one ability to finish the quarter in third would keep things close. For everything else, I'd regrind or replace the cams with something better suited for higher revs, especially if your boosting. Also replace the valves, springs and retainers with something more durable so you can safely rev higher.

Another main reason why we rev so low is simply because of our displacement. A 2.4L 4-cyl is a large stroke engine. Larger stroke is more stable at lower rpms, not high. That's why all the high-revving hondas aren't any larger than a 2.0L for the most part. A 2.2L (F22) S2000 motor is the only larger motor I've seen that revs so high on a daily basis. You would need to beef things up to go for such numbers.

Ok I'm done ranting, sorry...
Old 07-25-2005, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I could only see this useful when using it to get the last couple of rev's out at the track.

anything else may blow it up, or just be terribly inefficient at deliverying power.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member

Dezod you sell the scionspeed kits the stage 2 do you know if it can be upgraded to a ultimate
Old 07-25-2005, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hilow
I worry about the engine. It has a rev limiter for a reason. If the motor is still stock, you shouldn't go much higher because things like the valvetrain weren't meant to rev that high on a consistant basis. Also, does anyone else notice the power falling as you approach only 6k? Our cams aren't meant for high revs. The car would probably be slower, granted the one ability to finish the quarter in third would keep things close. For everything else, I'd regrind or replace the cams with something better suited for higher revs, especially if your boosting. Also replace the valves, springs and retainers with something more durable so you can safely rev higher.

Another main reason why we rev so low is simply because of our displacement. A 2.4L 4-cyl is a large stroke engine. Larger stroke is more stable at lower rpms, not high. That's why all the high-revving hondas aren't any larger than a 2.0L for the most part. A 2.2L (F22) S2000 motor is the only larger motor I've seen that revs so high on a daily basis. You would need to beef things up to go for such numbers.

Ok I'm done ranting, sorry...
The valve train on the tC is more then capeable of revving to 7K rpms. As I stated before, I don't expect to get more power by reving the car higher on an NA application. On the turbo apps, our cars are still making power at the stock redline. Who knows how much more power could be unleashed by having a few additional rpms to work with. At 7K the valves aren't floating and the springs, retainers, valves, seals ect are all able to withstand it. Hell, the Jotech car revved to 8K with nothing more then some aftermarket valves.

Trying to say that the car only rev's to 6200 because of its displacement is obsurd. A 5.7 liter 350 cubic inch LS1 revs to 6200 stock.

The cams are restrictive and the ability to rev higher is not going to make the car faster per say. However, being able to shift only three times instead of 4 in the 8th mile could very easily pick it up a tenth or a mph.

Quick Reply: Emanage Ultimate...