Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

End to oil consumption forever.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2023, 02:50 AM
SL Member

Ll

Last edited by Sciondoctor; 02-27-2023 at 01:51 AM.
Old 02-12-2023, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
SuperMod

Here's what I think, taking off my moderator cap for a moment...you, in all likelihood, haven't stumbled on any kind of miracle fix that someone else out there hasn't already tried. 'Flushing' the engine with whatever miracle solvent one decides to use is a temporary solution at best and a quick way to further damage an engine at worst. if this solvent is stripping the anti-friction coating off the skirts of the pistons I'd question what it might be doing to seals, gaskets, bearing coatings, etc.

Even if it does work initially, it's not going to fix the design issue that caused the problem in the first place and you'll be back looking for a fix again in relatively short order. I'm sure if Toyota could remedy the issue with a simple 'engine flush' with the 'miracle solvent du jour' they would have gone that route as opposed to re-designing pistons and ring packs to fix the issue and then rebuilding motors under warranty.

If someone thinks you've stumbled onto the Holy Grail of oil consumption issues and they want to send you $200 for you sage advice then so be it...it's their money. The fact that you've been moderately secretive about this whole thing and are trying to pedal your magical instructions, which goes against the crux of public forums where the thought is to share advice, leads me to believe that you've done ZERO long term testing and don't really have any answers other than, "Look how clean this stuff looks..."

Show me some long-term testing and the results of your flush after another 100,000 miles and perhaps I'll change my opinion.
Old 02-21-2023, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd be interested to see "cleaned" one-piece oil rings and or piston return ports that get clogged with hard carbon. It's one thing to clean oil sludge on non-combustion areas of the engine. Hard carbon is a different problem and no solvent I've read about will dissolve it. Like MileHightC said, even if there was a chemical that dissolved carbon, it wouldn't fix the low-tension rings nor the undersized, piston return ports. Given enough time, the oem oil rings will stick in the piston groove and rub a wear spot on your cylinder wall. That's where major consumption begins and no chemical will repair that damage.
Old 02-25-2023, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
SuperMod

Originally Posted by 62Fender
I'd be interested to see "cleaned" one-piece oil rings and or piston return ports that get clogged with hard carbon. It's one thing to clean oil sludge on non-combustion areas of the engine. Hard carbon is a different problem and no solvent I've read about will dissolve it. Like MileHightC said, even if there was a chemical that dissolved carbon, it wouldn't fix the low-tension rings nor the undersized, piston return ports. Given enough time, the oem oil rings will stick in the piston groove and rub a wear spot on your cylinder wall. That's where major consumption begins and no chemical will repair that damage.
If you CashApp me $199 I'll tell you how it's done...
Old 02-25-2023, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol
Old 02-26-2023, 03:05 PM
SL Member

An

Last edited by Sciondoctor; 02-27-2023 at 02:12 AM.
Old 02-26-2023, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciondoctor
Anyone who is ready to flush their motors to perfection...

should understand two things. Chemicals will not:

clean burnt carbon from combustion components.

repair mechanical wear due to design flaws.